Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 18,307

Blast

@MrWalkieTalkie Man, I luv Gamexplain when it comes to uncovering cool stuff in trailers and just discussing stuff. I really like how they are dedicated to show Nintendo stuff and the occasional Sony/Microsoft stuff. ANYWAY... I l watched the video. TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

sugarpixel

Have any of you guys really realized yet what a jaw-dropping experience this game is going to be? Even really since the GBA games, Pokémon has looked largely the same. Gen. V gave us some graphical upgrades (fully 3D environments with dynamic camera angles, animated sprites), but it arguably mostly looked the same as it always had. So much is different this time around, it's mind boggling! Really goes to show how much more powerful the 3DS is than any other Nintendo handheld.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

firestarter2398

I was watching that and had a thought. Team Flare's lead by scientists and we catch grunts collecting fossils so maybe they collect fossils extract the DNA (so then the fossil is useless for restoration), use the DNA to 'clone' the pokemon eg Tyrunt and use them as evil pokemon to create this beautiful world of maybe the past where we'd see ancient pokemon in the wild. but that's not all like I said they extract the DNA rendering the fossil useless then sell the useless fossils to trainers and so they get basically trolled

FC: 0018-1208-7315

Whydoievenbother

Blastoise-san wrote:

@MrWalkieTalkie Man, I luv Gamexplain when it comes to uncovering cool stuff in trailers and just discussing stuff. I really like how they are dedicated to show Nintendo stuff and the occasional Sony/Microsoft stuff. ANYWAY... I l watched the video. TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW! GameXplain analyses Rock! And this video is no exception.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Blast

Gioku wrote:

Have any of you guys really realized yet what a jaw-dropping experience this game is going to be? Even really since the GBA games, Pokémon has looked largely the same. Gen. V gave us some graphical upgrades (fully 3D environments with dynamic camera angles, animated sprites), but it arguably mostly looked the same as it always had. So much is different this time around, it's mind boggling! Really goes to show how much more powerful the 3DS is than any other Nintendo handheld.

Oh, I realized it XD Lol Pokemon X/Y WILL be one of the highest selling handheld games of all time. It looks gorgeous, graphically.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Inflame227

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Inflame227 wrote:

I'm gonna have 2 fire types, two water types and 2 dragon types. The fire types and water types will defend the dragon types (because of ice and fairy weaknesses) . The dragon types will defend the water types and fire types. See everybody's got each others back.

Wouldn't that mean Amaura would destroy your team?

Amaura is vulnerable because of its typing.

Edited on by Inflame227

Inflame227

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2141-9392

DreamyViridi

Gioku wrote:

Is somebody talking smack about my little Amaura, king of the Hyper Beam?

Probably them overconfident Fighting and Steel types...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Sleepingmudkip

Now that dragon is useless is fairy the new competitive king....that would mean almost all the legendary are under powered...I now have to change my whole team

Xander my husband...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Inflame227

Amaura's great, I didn't mean it like that. I was just defending my water types.

Inflame227

sugarpixel

@Sleepingmudkip: As far as I can tell thus far (which isn't very far yet ), it seems that Fairy types will be similar to Bug types as far as stats go. Which I think would be logical in order to even out its supereffectiveness against Dragon types. But I may be wrong, and Fairy could end up being the new most powerful type...

Edited on by sugarpixel

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Yosheel

They introduce a new type that is super effective against dragon, and it somehow become useless

It became about as useful as every other type.... Fairy itself is weak to some types that were considered weak before, making them a little more effective now.

Actually, amaura could probably be the queen of hyper beam. It's design and name tell me it could be a female-only species.... Who knows though.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

sugarpixel

@Morphtorok: I'd call it unlikely at this point that Amaura would be female-only; in fact, in the past all fossil Pokémon have had a gender ratio of 87.5% male, 12.5% female. Amaura would be the odd one out if they did that... but I really won't put anything past them at this point!

But still, probably unlikely.

Inflame227

Hey guys, there's gonna be a special "surprise" announcement on Monday at 8 am pacific time. I wonder what it is?

Edited on by Inflame227

Inflame227

sugarpixel

Inflame227 wrote:

Hey guys, there's gonna be a special "surprise" announcement on Monday at 8 o'clock am pacific time. I wonder what it is?

Maybe they're gonna release it earlier than announced!

Probably not, but hey...

Yosheel

Gioku wrote:

@Morphtorok: I'd call it unlikely at this point that Amaura would be female-only; in fact, in the past all fossil Pokémon have had a gender ratio of 87.5% male, 12.5% female. Amaura would be the odd one out if they did that... but I really won't put anything past them at this point!

But still, probably unlikely.

Then again, It seems they really want to go with an X Y theme with these games, with feminine-er and masculine-er versions of several things, like mewtwo, pyroar, meowstik etc, even with the starters, one seems distinctively more feminine and you have the villanous team which features mostly androgynous grunts and a beauty-themed region... That doesn't exacly mean it will be female-only though, but I can see it as "the" female fossil.

... Wouldn't it be funny if both fossil pokemon had switched evolutions where the ice one becomes a hulking fanged "Monster Hunter" beast and the dragon one became a soft, rounded happy thing with huge eyes?

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Whydoievenbother

Inflame227 wrote:

Hey guys, there's gonna be a special "surprise" announcement on Monday at 8 am pacific time. I wonder what it is?

Maybe the Final forms of the starters, or the third legendary. Probably not. If it is, then 030.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Inflame227

On the pokemon twitter acount it said to "tune in" to a special announcement but what do we tune in to.

Inflame227

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic