3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 2,401 to 2,420 of 18,335

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

2,401. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Yukari_Sendo wrote:

I hope this game keeps the Pokemon World Tournament...
Old generation battle themes remixed again in 3DS quality...it would be epic.

OMG!!! Pokemon World Tournament for Kalos would be amazing... But... Is it exclusive to Unova just like Battle Frontier (prolly one of the biggest reasons I loved Pokemon Platinum) is exclusive to Sinnoh??? Unova also had the terrible and pathetic Battle Subway D: I hated Battle Subway. Its a good concept but it was executed very poorly. I hope X/Y gets Pokemon World Tournament AND Battle Frontier!!!

What's wrong with the battle subway? I had a lot of fun with the Super Double Train. Nothing beats an endless string of increasingly difficult battles!

Don't get me wrong. It served its purpose well. I just think it wasn't visually impressive. Battle Frontier was amazing. Lights was flashing everywhere, intense music, etc. Battle Subway was literally just that... a subway. The gamer got on a train, fought for a while as the battles got crazy tough, took a break to get stuff, go back to fighting. I just feel like it didnt visually impress me. It served its purpose: offer real trainers a tough challenge. But I just wished it had more. Everything was gray and bland.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

2,402. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Don't get me wrong. It served its purpose well. I just think it wasn't visually impressive. Battle Frontier was amazing. Lights was flashing everywhere, intense music, etc. Battle Subway was literally just that... a subway. The gamer got on a train, fought for a while as the battles got crazy tough, took a break to get stuff, go back to fighting. I just feel like it didnt visually impress me. It served its purpose: offer real trainers a tough challenge. But I just wished it had more. Everything was gray and bland.

Ah, so that's where the discrepancy is. I didn't care at all about what it looked like; that's why I seem to have enjoyed it more! :)

But the "Unova's Challenge" beats everything. ;)

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

2,403. Posted:

I prefer the Frontier over the Subway, not because of the visuals though...with the Frontier, 4 of the buildings mixed the battles up some...different rules and all that. Loved the Arcade. :p
Only thing I liked in the Subway was...the erm, that music. (you know, how it starts off as background sounds of the Subway moving, then as you progress you start hearing music, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

2,404. Posted:

Yukari_Sendo wrote:

I prefer the Frontier over the Subway, not because of the visuals though...with the Frontier, 4 of the buildings mixed the battles up some...different rules and all that. Loved the Arcade. :p
Only thing I liked in the Subway was...the erm, that music. (you know, how it starts off as background sounds of the Subway moving, then as you progress you start hearing music, lol)

Battle Frontier is insanly awesome. Arcade was amazing. There was even a building where the gamer got rental Pokemon and fought. That was a true test of skill. Let's not forget the building where the gamer could only fight with ONE Pokemon. Man... Battle Frontier is amazing.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

2,405. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Don't get me wrong. It served its purpose well. I just think it wasn't visually impressive. Battle Frontier was amazing. Lights was flashing everywhere, intense music, etc. Battle Subway was literally just that... a subway. The gamer got on a train, fought for a while as the battles got crazy tough, took a break to get stuff, go back to fighting. I just feel like it didnt visually impress me. It served its purpose: offer real trainers a tough challenge. But I just wished it had more. Everything was gray and bland.

Ah, so that's where the discrepancy is. I didn't care at all about what it looked like; that's why I seem to have enjoyed it more! :)

But the "Unova's Challenge" beats everything. ;)

???? What's the Unova's Challenge????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

2,406. Posted:

Oh god I'm laughing a hard!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuardianKing

2,407. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh god I'm laughing a hard!

How?! D:

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

2,408. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh god I'm laughing a hard!

Finally, the true meaning of Chespin's evolution comes to light... :P

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowFox254

2,409. Posted:

@Blastoise-san Can't right now. I let my nephew borrow my 3DS and it won't be back until next week.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowFox254

2,410. Posted:

@LordJumpMad They also ban Blaziken from tourneys. What a bunch of whiners.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

2,411. Posted:

Pokemon is one of those games i cannot take seriously on a tournament level. The power creep is too much.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

2,412. Posted:

The only game I really have any chance at playing competitively is Mario Kart... I just can't invest that much time into Pokémon... the most time I ever spent playing a single Pokémon game was about 190 hours, whereas I've played Mario Kart 7 for over 250 hours...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

2,413. Posted:

I think I must have played blue, silver and rse like... Multiple housands of hours... It's hard to tell since I always restarted the game right after beating it!

The one I can certify is Diamond... Which was almost at 500 hours before I finally restated.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pokefanmum82

2,414. Posted:

My favorite thing about Black/White 2 was the black tower and white treehollow. Now that was hard. I'd like them to bring something like that into Pokemon X & Y. Plus being able to get dratini and gible shiny as a reward was awesome.

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fossil Fighters Frontier, Story of Seasons and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse.
Now Playing: Pokemon AS and The Lost Valley
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowFox254

2,415. Posted:

Best rival/champion is Blue (Green in Japan) not to mention his theme song is epic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBwbuAhzOEk&feature=player...

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

2,416. Posted:

I think my problem is that I play too many different games; I've played plenty of games for a total of 24 hours+ each, but there's only a few that I've spent hundreds of hours on... Animal Crossing: New Leaf being the latest of which, nearing 200 hours as we speak...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Inflame227

2,417. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Yukari_Sendo wrote:

I prefer the Frontier over the Subway, not because of the visuals though...with the Frontier, 4 of the buildings mixed the battles up some...different rules and all that. Loved the Arcade. :p
Only thing I liked in the Subway was...the erm, that music. (you know, how it starts off as background sounds of the Subway moving, then as you progress you start hearing music, lol)

Battle Frontier is insanly awesome. Arcade was amazing. There was even a building where the gamer got rental Pokemon and fought. That was a true test of skill. Let's not forget the building where the gamer could only fight with ONE Pokemon. Man... Battle Frontier is amazing.

I feel like they downgraded the battle frontier because the hoenn battle frontier had 7 facilities while the sinnoh/johto one had five. If they bring back the battle frontier I hope that it at least has 7 facilities.

Inflame227

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2141-9392

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

2,418. Posted:

@Inflame227: Ever heard the term "a little goes a long way"? Maybe it won't need tons of facilities to be good! :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

2,419. Posted:

@Gioku !!!!!!! Please add me!!!! Can we exchange friend codes???? :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

2,420. Posted:

@Blastoise-san: uh... okay, sure.

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku