Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Posts 21 to 40 of 18,270

Knux

These games really look like they have the potential to be the best Pokemon games since HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Do want badly.

Knux

Drawdler

CanisWolfred wrote:

EDIT: And they better have some Black 2/White 2 events between now and October. I need a reason to go back to that game, and if they don't give me one, I'm not sure how much faith I'd have in this "Gen 6."

Pfff
I'm still playing SoulSilver
(Well, technically I'm playing HeartGold now, but I do check my SoulSilver often as well...)
Though I do hope that these games don't skimp on the replay value horribly like original BW did. I'm confident they'll be amazing to play through, but will they be as great to return to? That's the sole reason HGSS remains my favorite duo of Pokémon games, they had wonderful replay value. I hope that they give some great single player content to take part in after the main story.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Auracle

I am sooo looking forward to this. From what I've seen so far, I'd go with Y Version and Fennekin. Gotta love that fire fox.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

MrWalkieTalkie

The X looks like that deer in the trailer and the Y looks like the bird/dragon thing. So it's safe to assume that those will be exclusive to their respective games. Also, if they made a sequel would it be called Pokemon X-squared and Y-squared? XD

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Auracle

@MrWalkkieTalkie - Nope. The sequels will be called A and B version.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Ideal_Hero

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

The X looks like that deer in the trailer and the Y looks like the bird/dragon thing. So it's safe to assume that those will be exclusive to their respective games. Also, if they made a sequel would it be called Pokemon X-squared and Y-squared? XD

It would be great if GameFreak continues on the sequel idea. It's neat seeing the story continue, and, at least for me, it breathed new life into the Unova region.

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

Rensch

I am not impressed with the looks of the overworld, but at least it is finally in 3D, something that they should have done as early as Diamond/Pearl. The battles look exactly as I always hoped they would someday. And may the gaming gods bless Nintendo for releasing this worldwide in the same month. Something I noticed is the city in that screenshot. It looks kinda like Paris. Are they going for a European style this time? I liked how Johto was sort of like Japan and Unova like North America in their looks.

Oh, and Froakie is totally gonna be mah homeboi!

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

NinFreak

Pokemon Y for me along with Chespin, unless he's evolutions are ugly.

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

kkslider5552000

I'm mostly just confused on how quickly this has come out. Like most Pokemon fans are still playing B/W 2.

Might get it, might not.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DreamyViridi

I don't know if I'm ready for this. I feel that the announcement was too soon (for my liking at least). Heck, Meloetta still hasn't been released anywhere not named Japan in Gen 5. Maybe I'll be ready when the time comes, 9 months is a long way to go.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NinFreak

Anyone notice that Pikachu was standing on top of the Eiffel Tower at the beginning of the trailer.

Wonder if Fantina will be in the game?

Edited on by NinFreak

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

MrWalkieTalkie

As for what version and what starter I'll pick is still tough to say. I love all 3 of then already, I'm gonna need to wait and see what they can do and become!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

CrazyOtto

I'm getting the Y version. Not decided on my starter yet though.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Happy_Mask

Grrr... Too soon. The overworld looks hideous and the legends look kinda uncreative but the starters look great, and the battle system actually looks good.
Overall, I'm having trouble looking away. @_@ not sure if it's from horror or excitement though.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

Untitled

Untitled

Here's a closer look at the legendaries. I think I prefer the X one.

Also, does anyone else get a major Oshawott vibe from Chespin?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Drawdler

Emaan wrote:

Untitled

This might just be my favorite Legendary ever. In the old days Legendary Pokémon felt a lot more Legendary, and secretive and you would barely hear about them. For some reason this deer gives me the same vibe. I really like the Pokémon designs of Generation VI more and more when I see them, but X-Legendary is probably my favorite of them all. It's just mystical.

e-love

Is anyone else really going to miss the 2D sprites like myself? This is all kind of bittersweet for me.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Happy_Mask

Emaan wrote:

Untitled

Untitled

Here's a closer look at the legendaries. I think I prefer the X one.

Also, does anyone else get a major Piplup vibe from Chespin?

fixed, as oshawott is piplup.
I'll go with the froggy though, it looks neat. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Drawdler

I'm actually really glad with the change to 3D models. I was hoping that we would get some graphics similar to the TV show, because I always liked the animation on it. I think the cel shading design is perfect.
I am gonna miss sprites though, especially on the overworld... Some of the locations look fantastic, but in others it just looks a bit... I guess contrived is the word...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.