3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 1,681 to 1,700 of 18,335

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

1,681. Posted:

Untitled

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

B_BIackNinja_N

1,682. Posted:

Pokémon X and Y are the Pokémon games I have been waiting for! I remember when after the third generation. I said that and I quote "If they made a Pokémon game in full 3-D, that would be AMAZING! " I can't wait until the release. Only if we had time machines...

I could go Super Sonic!
My body is ready!
The L in BlackNinja is a capital i.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9720-8346 | Nintendo Network ID: B_BlackNinja_N

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squid

1,683. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Ya know, I feel as if they're especially putting their design skills to the max on this one.

I agree! As long as the worst designs this gen aren't equal to or less than vanillice, this looks like a very creative group! :)

I don't mean to start any arguments here, but I don't really know why people seem to compare every new design to Vanillice to see if it's bad or not. I mean, isn't Garbodor ten times worse? At the very least, Vanillice can be seen as cute, even if it is an ice cream cone.

Anyways, I find it very odd that when Kangaskhan's baby is out it's considered a Mega-Evolution. I mean... all it really is, is the baby outside of the pouch. Doesn't really seem like evolution-material at all. And I wonder if this makes the baby technically a new Pokemon all on its own? :P

Edited on by Squid

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

1,684. Posted:

CaptainSquid wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Ya know, I feel as if they're especially putting their design skills to the max on this one.

I agree! As long as the worst designs this gen aren't equal to or less than vanillice, this looks like a very creative group! :)

I don't mean to start any arguments here, but I don't really know why people seem to compare every new design to Vanillice to see if it's bad or not. I mean, isn't Garbodor ten times worse? At the very least, Vanillice can be seen as cute, even if it is an ice cream cone.

Anyways, I find it very odd that when Kangaskhan's baby is out it's considered a Mega-Evolution. I mean... all it really is, is the baby outside of the pouch. Doesn't really seem like evolution-material at all. And I wonder if this makes the baby technically a new Pokemon all on its own? :P

The baby is the one that evolves. It allows the baby to fight because normal it is helpless on it's own. The parent remains the same. Technically they are both still Kangashkhan.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squid

1,685. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

CaptainSquid wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Ya know, I feel as if they're especially putting their design skills to the max on this one.

I agree! As long as the worst designs this gen aren't equal to or less than vanillice, this looks like a very creative group! :)

I don't mean to start any arguments here, but I don't really know why people seem to compare every new design to Vanillice to see if it's bad or not. I mean, isn't Garbodor ten times worse? At the very least, Vanillice can be seen as cute, even if it is an ice cream cone.

Anyways, I find it very odd that when Kangaskhan's baby is out it's considered a Mega-Evolution. I mean... all it really is, is the baby outside of the pouch. Doesn't really seem like evolution-material at all. And I wonder if this makes the baby technically a new Pokemon all on its own? :P

The baby is the one that evolves. It allows the baby to fight because normal it is helpless on it's own. The parent remains the same. Technically they are both still Kangashkhan.

Huh. I get it, but that's just a tad confusing. I mean, if the Kangaskhan baby evolves into this form that lets it fight, then... doesn't it mean that that form technically should evolve into Kangaskhan? :O

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

1,686. Posted:

It could be like the middle stage before Kangaskhan?
EDIT: THIS IS AMAZING!!
Untitled
Does anyone know the artist so I can praise Him/her??

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Icefreak45

1,687. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

It could be like the middle stage before Kangaskhan?
EDIT: THIS IS AMAZING!!
Untitled
Does anyone know the artist so I can praise Him/her??

That is friggen epic.

3DS FC: 2277-6750-5893

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

1,688. Posted:

Untitled dancing there mega move

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

1,689. Posted:

CaptainSquid wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

CaptainSquid wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Ya know, I feel as if they're especially putting their design skills to the max on this one.

I agree! As long as the worst designs this gen aren't equal to or less than vanillice, this looks like a very creative group! :)

I don't mean to start any arguments here, but I don't really know why people seem to compare every new design to Vanillice to see if it's bad or not. I mean, isn't Garbodor ten times worse? At the very least, Vanillice can be seen as cute, even if it is an ice cream cone.

Anyways, I find it very odd that when Kangaskhan's baby is out it's considered a Mega-Evolution. I mean... all it really is, is the baby outside of the pouch. Doesn't really seem like evolution-material at all. And I wonder if this makes the baby technically a new Pokemon all on its own? :P

The baby is the one that evolves. It allows the baby to fight because normal it is helpless on it's own. The parent remains the same. Technically they are both still Kangashkhan.

Huh. I get it, but that's just a tad confusing. I mean, if the Kangaskhan baby evolves into this form that lets it fight, then... doesn't it mean that that form technically should evolve into Kangaskhan? :O

And again... It will be easier to understand if you stop naming it "evolution" and think of it as what it is... Just a temporal super form a la digimon.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

1,690. Posted:

Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

1,691. Posted:

@LordJumpMad mind blown

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

1,692. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

It could be like the middle stage before Kangaskhan?
EDIT: THIS IS AMAZING!!
Untitled
Does anyone know the artist so I can praise Him/her??

Its someone from neogaf.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bronze

1,693. Posted:

....so how is the male Kangaskhan' going to mega evolve?

Megatron: Any last words Optimus?

Optimus: None you wanna hear megatron!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

1,694. Posted:

Bronze wrote:

....so how is the male Kangaskhan' going to mega evolve?

For all we know, it could turn out that the baby in her pouch is male and only male kangas can megaevolve.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

firestarter2398

1,695. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

CaptainSquid wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

CaptainSquid wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Ya know, I feel as if they're especially putting their design skills to the max on this one.

I agree! As long as the worst designs this gen aren't equal to or less than vanillice, this looks like a very creative group! :)

I don't mean to start any arguments here, but I don't really know why people seem to compare every new design to Vanillice to see if it's bad or not. I mean, isn't Garbodor ten times worse? At the very least, Vanillice can be seen as cute, even if it is an ice cream cone.

Anyways, I find it very odd that when Kangaskhan's baby is out it's considered a Mega-Evolution. I mean... all it really is, is the baby outside of the pouch. Doesn't really seem like evolution-material at all. And I wonder if this makes the baby technically a new Pokemon all on its own? :P

The baby is the one that evolves. It allows the baby to fight because normal it is helpless on it's own. The parent remains the same. Technically they are both still Kangashkhan.

Huh. I get it, but that's just a tad confusing. I mean, if the Kangaskhan baby evolves into this form that lets it fight, then... doesn't it mean that that form technically should evolve into Kangaskhan? :O

And again... It will be easier to understand if you stop naming it "evolution" and think of it as what it is... Just a temporal super form a la digimon.

people would stop calling it an evolution but it's called mega evolution. now they it would be normal evolution if GF decided not to go digimon. my bet sableye, zoroark and girafarig to get megaevolutions

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrMario02

1,696. Posted:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Pokemon+Y
New Pokemon X and Y 3DS cases and strategy guide!

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

1,697. Posted:

There hasn't been a single new Pokemon design that I don't like so far, really impressed.
I'm starting to like the mega evolutions more now as well~ I'll still poke fun at Mega Ampharos though :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

1,698. Posted:

Untitled
Remember when people said that all the pokemon games are the exact same thing every year? Neither do I...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

1,699. Posted:

Think of the Mega Evolution for Kangashkan as the baby wanting to help out it's mother in battle. It normally cannot fight on it's own so it gets a bit of a power boost so it can survive being outside the mother's pouch. Then after the battle it returns to normal and runs back to the mother. Eventually that baby will grow up (not evolve) into an adult Kangashkan.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

1,700. Posted:

Pokémon that should have Mega-evolutions:

Gyarados
Biggest freaking no-brainer ever. Back in the old Game Boy days, this guy would have been ridiculously overpowered as a Water/Dragon type, which is probably why it is stuck for all eternity with this completely nonsensical Water/Flying combo. Can it learn any Flying-type moves? Not that I know of. Can it learn any Dragon-type moves? Several. Is it like a dragon in pretty much any way except for the fact is not actually a Dragon-type? Absolutely. Mega-evolution gives us a perfect opportunity to finally get that Water/Dragon Gyarados we always wanted. And with that new Fairy-type being strong against Dragon-type Pokémon, it would not be too overpowered either.

Sableye
Mawile was the Pokémon Ruby counterpart to Sableye. Version-exclusives that got evolutions or pre-evolutions in newer titles typically saw their other-version counterparts getting the same treatment (there are a few exceptions, though, like Pinsir and Weepinbell). You had Elekid and Magby. You had Bonsly and Mime Jr. You had Electivire and Magmortar. You had Mismagius and Honchkrow. And then there's perhaps a few more I forgot about. I can imagine this not being any different with Mega-evolution. Since Mega Mawile is real, there should also be a Mega Sableye following this logic. Let's hope the Dark/Ghost type is balanced out by that new Fairy-type, though.

Seviper and Zangoose
These two arch-rivals are single-stage Pokémon and therefor good candidates for Mega-evolution. Again, being version-exclusives in Ruby and Sapphire, both should get the Mega-treatment. The appeal of these two guys is that the feud never seems to be settled in favour of one or the other. Giving only one of them a Mega-evolution would upset that balance. These would both be cool with a secondary Dark-type.

Sceptile and Swampert
So I herd u liek Mega Swampertz! If one Hoenn starter gets the Mega-treatment, why not its two counterparts? The Hoenn starters are all good candidates for a distribution event because they are currently very hard to obtain (no Ruby/Sapphire remakes in sight as of yet). Giving Treecko and Mudkip away with otherwise unobtainable Mega-stones - like they are going to with Torchic - would be a good excuse to distribute these now-elusive monsters, while also giving them new abilities they wouldn't have when sent over from older games.

Pinsir and Heracross
Pinsir's Pokémon Red counterpart, Scyther, got an evolution in Scizor when Gold and Silver came along. Pinsir, as said before, instead had to settle without ever being able to evolve. However, the all-new Heracross was also introduced in the second generation. This Pokémon was kind of similar to Pinsir, moreso than Scyther ever was. Eventually Heracross went on to become the traditional opposite-version counterpart to Pinsir as opposed to Scyther, most recently in 2012's Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. For years, gamers have been begging for evolutions for both these big bad beetles. Mega-evolution could provide an alternative to that.

These are only a few examples. I am sure there are more that would make great Mega-evolutions, particularly those Pokémon with only one evolutionary stage. The ones above are those I would not only like to see, but also would make sense to me. Which ones do you guys think will and/or should have Mega-evolutions?

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358