3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 16,261 to 16,280 of 18,335

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

16,261. Posted:

^Yeah, it works like that. Can you imagine if they show the full animation online? Time wasted. :P

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

16,262. Posted:

Does anyone know how high heatran's special attack and speed would be with a timid nature? I constantly find my modest one is outsped and K.O.ed (looking at you @stomatopod17).
Edit: is there a huge differential In Power and is the speed high enough to justify?

Edited on by Xtremetdifan

Pokemon Mains:Infernape,Stunfisk,Garchomp
Smash Mains:Sonic,Fox,Ike

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5259-4542

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

16,263. Posted:

@Xtremetdifan
Heatran's SpA is 130 and his speed is 77.. even with timid 252 spe EVs he won't outspeed much. Without a boost of either specs or life orb heatran still won't do THAT much damage holding air balloon or leftovers.

Also I believe the nature just adds an extra 10% boost.. so a timid nature heatran would but at x1.1 speed.. choice scarf would be at x1.5.. soo... a timid heatran without scarf is 1.1x77=84.7

Timid w/scarf is 1.1+1.5=1.6xBase speed(77)=123.2 or 123 base speed which BARELY outspeeds greninja by like 1.. depending on their nature and EVs of course.

For SpA.. he is basicly a bulkier slower nonmega latios with less powerful and accurate moves.

modest, 1.1x130=143 base SpA.. specs a modest would be... 1.1+1.5xBase Special attack(130)=208 SpA

(correct me if I'm wrong in calculating all this guys...)

Edited on by MegaBeedrill

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha
Pokemon AS IGN: Joe
Super Smash Bros. IGN/MII: This guy
Bug Gym Leader
(User name changed in October 2014 Formerly: Stomatopod17)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

16,264. Posted:

^Super lazy to check on it. Some passerby just confess to me that he loves. :O I feel sick now. -_-

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

16,265. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

^Super lazy to check on it. Some passerby just confess to me that he loves. :O I feel sick now. -_-

Untitled

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

16,266. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

@Xtremetdifan
Heatran's SpA is 130 and his speed is 77.. even with timid 252 spe EVs he won't outspeed much. Without a boost of either specs or life orb heatran still won't do THAT much damage holding air balloon or leftovers.

Also I believe the nature just adds an extra 10% boost.. so a timid nature heatran would but at x1.1 speed.. choice scarf would be at x1.5.. soo... a timid heatran without scarf is 1.1x77=84.7

Timid w/scarf is 1.1+1.5=1.6xBase speed(77)=123.2 or 123 base speed which BARELY outspeeds greninja by like 1.. depending on their nature and EVs of course.

For SpA.. he is basicly a bulkier slower nonmega latios with less powerful and accurate moves.

modest, 1.1x130=143 base SpA.. specs a modest would be... 1.1+1.5xBase Special attack(130)=208 SpA

(correct me if I'm wrong in calculating all this guys...)

Would this with 252 Speed/ 126 HP/ 126 Special Attack
Still give it some solid bulk w/o its special attack dropping below 350 at lv 100? @stomatopod17

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

16,267. Posted:

@Xtremetdifan I really think investing in speed isn't worth it. Heatran shouldn't stay on the feild long anyway. Get your rocks up, maybe throw a burn, and switch out with your air balloon still intact so nothing can touch you.

A greninja did maybe 15% damage from a scald to my special defensive heatran and I did more damage with lava plume back.

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

16,268. Posted:

Now I did some calculations to compare the eons items..

Regular latias: 80/80/90/110/130/110
Life orb latias: 80/80/90/143/130/110
Choice specs latias: 80/80/90/165/130/110
Mega latias: 80/100/120/140/150/110
Soul dew latias: 80/80/90/165/195/100

As you can see.. the mega evolution doesn't even beat life orb. Gets a nice defense buff but that's about it. Soul dew is what banned them to ubers past gens.. look at those soul dew stats.. and look at mega latias stats..

Although alot of people can justify latias with leftovers is lost.. since it can tank hits and has roost/recover that won't be an issue which most setup sweepers lack.

Regular latios: 80/90/80/130/110/110
Life orb latios: 80/90/80/169/110/110
Choice specs latios: 80/90/80/195/110/110 (yeah draco meteor is looking pretty OP on paper...)
Mega latios: 80/130/100/160/120/110
Soul dew latios: 80/90/80/195/165/110

Yeah... only thing mega latios got going for it compared to the other items is the additional bulk and investment in attack.

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

16,269. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

@Xtremetdifan I really think investing in speed isn't worth it. Heatran shouldn't stay on the feild long anyway. Get your rocks up, maybe throw a burn, and switch out with your air balloon still intact so nothing can touch you.

A greninja did maybe 15% damage from a scald to my special defensive heatran and I did more damage with lava plume back.

AIR BALLOON! That's what I can do, it'll stop Heatran from being ohko by equake while still setting up rocks...
Wait wait wait, that still doesn't explain how your Heatran outsped mine every time I tried to roar you away

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

16,270. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Now I did some calculations to compare the eons items..

Regular latias: 80/80/90/110/130/110
Life orb latias: 80/80/90/143/130/110
Choice specs latias: 80/80/90/165/130/110
Mega latias: 80/100/120/140/150/110
Soul dew latias: 80/80/90/165/195/100

As you can see.. the mega evolution doesn't even beat life orb. Gets a nice defense buff but that's about it. Soul dew is what banned them to ubers past gens.. look at those soul dew stats.. and look at mega latias stats..

Although alot of people can justify latias with leftovers is lost.. since it can tank hits and has roost/recover that won't be an issue which most setup sweepers lack.

Regular latios: 80/90/80/130/110/110
Life orb latios: 80/90/80/169/110/110
Choice specs latios: 80/90/80/195/110/110 (yeah draco meteor is looking pretty OP on paper...)
Mega latios: 80/130/100/160/120/110
Soul dew latios: 80/90/80/195/165/110

Yeah... only thing mega latios got going for it compared to the other items is the additional bulk and investment in attack.

So in the end if you want bulk mega evo, if you want power use soul dew...

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

16,271. Posted:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

AIR BALLOON! That's what I can do, it'll stop Heatran from being ohko by equake while still setting up rocks...
Wait wait wait, that still doesn't explain how your Heatran outsped mine every time I tried to roar you away

@Xtremetdifan roar has a -6 priority :p same goes for dragon tail and whirlwind. I have 0 investment in speed on mine and calm nature.

Soul dew gives both of them higher power AND bulk. soul dew raised their SpA and SpD by 50% (1.5) which is basicly a free calmmind with full ability to switch moves.

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

16,272. Posted:

This sounds interesting.. I'm thinking of making a team entirely of mega evolutionable pokemon.. but only latias/latios will be holding the stone as a surprise..

I'm thinking...
Blastoise @Leftovers
Toxic
Roar
Scald
Rapid spin

gengar @life orb? idk...
perish song
shadow ball
sludge bomb
thunderbolt

Garchomp @choice scarf
Earthquake
Outrage
Poison jab
stone edge

Latias @latasite..
you should know this..

Alakazam @focus sash
idk what's a good set for this thing?

Gardevoir @specs
Moonblast
Psychic

Scizor @life orb
Sword's dance
pursuit
bullet punch
u-turn

Any suggestions? Does the team look structured and such? the goal is to have only pokemon with mega evolutions that are still OU potentional and without mega evolving still OU potential.. I was consituring throwing blaziken on here cause why not but then I'd have smogon users stabbing me. (like I care anyway?)

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

16,273. Posted:

Lol I love how many people keep sending me double battle invites with no restrictions.. and I win. The last battle i didn't but when you have three pokemon under 60 and all their team is 100 with a few ubers can you blame me? The last match I lost 0-1 I made a huge misplay with rotom where I scarfed a garchomp.. locked it into stonedge.. safely brought in my heatran... and at the end it switched out and was able to outspeed latias and pull of the EQ and kill heatran.. all I had left was latias and the gardevoir+togekiss was the last to pokemon.. killed the gardevoir and the togekiss got the crit..

But to have 3 practicely useless pokemon and still lose 0-1 that freakin close nobody can say I didn't put up a pretty good fight.. I still feel like I won somehow (plus they had zekrom and darkrai :p)

I know this save has 999 rare candies but I really didn't want to use them.. I'm going to use them to buff aegislash, rotom, and haxorus just this once so the battles are more even..

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

16,274. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Lol I love how many people keep sending me double battle invites with no restrictions.. and I win. The last battle i didn't but when you have three pokemon under 60 and all their team is 100 with a few ubers can you blame me? The last match I lost 0-1 I made a huge misplay with rotom where I scarfed a garchomp.. locked it into stonedge.. safely brought in my heatran... and at the end it switched out and was able to outspeed latias and pull of the EQ and kill heatran.. all I had left was latias and the gardevoir+togekiss was the last to pokemon.. killed the gardevoir and the togekiss got the crit..

But to have 3 practicely useless pokemon and still lose 0-1 that freakin close nobody can say I didn't put up a pretty good fight.. I still feel like I won somehow (plus they had zekrom and darkrai :p)

I know this save has 999 rare candies but I really didn't want to use them.. I'm going to use them to buff aegislash, rotom, and haxorus just this once so the battles are more even..

Lower level or not I love seeing people lose(or almost lose) when ambushing a passerby with a legendary team. Thanks for the Heatran info, I didn't know roar had -6 priority, I might even take it out for HP ice or another coverage move...

Your mega team with one mega looks deadly and I can see some great mind games happening when you're opponent doesn't know who will evolve....
One question though @stomatopod17 why does gengar have perish song? His ability isn't shadow tag when not mega evolved, it's levitate

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

16,275. Posted:

For Alakazam you can run Life Orb (since it won't take any recoil damage thanks to Magic Guard, but priority moves like Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak from Mega Kanga, Mawile, Aegislash will kill it) or Focus Sash.(to be a revenge killer and stop your opponent from sweeping your team), its moves are Psychic, Dazzling Gleam (for Sableye so damn annoying), HP Fire, Shadow Ball. Gardevoir can run Scarf or Sash. Mine has Moon Blast, Psychic, Destiny Bond, and Energy Ball (for Rotom's and Gastrodon's), you can run HP Fire if you want, hmmm.... I would like to run HP Fire as well. :P

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

16,276. Posted:

I had this pretty awesome random match yesterday, the guy basically used a three pokemon combo to sweep my team by starting with Galvantula and Sticky Web, then using Durant and passing Truant on to my Volcarona and then entering a cycle of using Hone Claws and Protect with a Dugtrio (his ability prevented me from switching Volcarona).

He OHKO'd my Rhyperior with a physical attack after he let go of my Volcarona.

Then my mega Pinsir beat the Dugtrio with a single Quick Attack. It was very anticlimatic,

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Wulfey

16,277. Posted:

@ShadowFox254 - Multi-battle with me and two of my friends? ^_^

Wulfey's FC: 3325 - 3116 - 9669
My Username is: Karrya
Safari: Dark Type - Crawdaunt, Vullaby, and Absol
Let me know if you add me, so I can add your FC too!

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

16,278. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

For Alakazam you can run Life Orb (since it won't take any recoil damage thanks to Magic Guard, but priority moves like Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak from Mega Kanga, Mawile, Aegislash will kill it) or Focus Sash.(to be a revenge killer and stop your opponent from sweeping your team), its moves are Psychic, Dazzling Gleam (for Sableye so damn annoying), HP Fire, Shadow Ball. Gardevoir can run Scarf or Sash. Mine has Moon Blast, Psychic, Destiny Bond, and Energy Ball (for Rotom's and Gastrodon's), you can run HP Fire if you want, hmmm.... I would like to run HP Fire as well. :P

@ShadowFox254 Sounds good! only problem I have is I have alot of weaknesses.. latias, gengar, alakazam and gardevoir are all weak to shadow sneak.. and all of these guys are threatened by talonflame.. I'm wondering if it is a truely structured team.. charizard is something I almost absolutely need but as a nonmega that's pretty bad.. Tyranitar I almost can't live without but I don't need that sand ruining everything (atleast sashkazam is immune to that)

I rather not run Hp fire on alakazam as mawile will just sucker punch anyway :p

@Xtremetdifan good point..

@Wulfey is there room for another :>

EDIT: DAH WTH I got like 5 O-powers at one time from different people all of a sudden xD

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

Wulfey

16,279. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

@ShadowFox254 Sounds good! only problem I have is I have alot of weaknesses.. latias, gengar, alakazam and gardevoir are all weak to shadow sneak.. and all of these guys are threatened by talonflame.. I'm wondering if it is a truely structured team.. charizard is something I almost absolutely need but as a nonmega that's pretty bad.. Tyranitar I almost can't live without but I don't need that sand ruining everything (atleast sashkazam is immune to that)

I rather not run Hp fire on alakazam as mawile will just sucker punch anyway :p

@Xtremetdifan good point..

@Wulfey is there room for another :>

EDIT: DAH WTH I got like 5 O-powers at one time from different people all of a sudden xD

@Stomatopod17 - my two other friends want to battle, otherwise I'd send you an invite Q_Q sorry . . . but if Melia doesn't want to battle or is busy, you can grab the fourth spot!!

AuthorMessage

Wulfey

16,280. Posted:

shadow is still battling so yay lets go Joe!! gonna kick their butts you and me yep ^_^