3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 161 to 180 of 18,291

AuthorMessage

Squid

161. Posted:

It would be nice to see less Psychic Legendaries this time around, though. I dunno, I feel like there are too many. I also wonder, if the X and Y are based off of chromosomes, if maybe Yveltal might be male and Xerneas might be female?

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Void

162. Posted:

I'm gonna guessthe starters will be Grass/Ground or Dark, Water/Fighting or Flying, and Fire/Psychic or just Fire, and I think Yveltal will be a combination of Flying, Fighting, Dark, or Fire, and Xerneas will be a combination of Psychic, Grass, Steel, or Dark.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

WildMan

163. Posted:

I'm guessing that Yveltal will be Flying/Fire and Xerneas will be Psychic/Grass.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

164. Posted:

Yveltal looks more like Dark/Flying to me while Xerneas looks like Steel/Grass.

...formerly - Chriiis

Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

165. Posted:

I bet both will be dragons, somehow.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

166. Posted:

They're DNA types. I mean, the whole X and Y thing has to fit in somewhere.
A type like that would be overpowered though. Of course, they are supposed to be "legendary" Pokemon, it's only right that they should be a massive challenge if you think about it.

Edited on by BlatantlyHeroic

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

Void

167. Posted:

How do we know it doesn't have a double meaning? :o
What type would be overpowered? Dark/Flying?

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

168. Posted:

Void wrote:

How do we know it doesn't have a double meaning? :o
What type would be overpowered? Dark/Flying?

Well I was suggesting since the games have something to do with DNA, this can be derived from the Japanese titles as well as the names of the games, perhaps both Pokemon are every type created. Their type could even change depending on what kind of move they use. Just an idea. But think about it, legendary Pokemon that are actually hard to capture, hard enough that you actually feel rewarded after you catch them? That'd be awesome.

AuthorMessage

mudjo

169. Posted:

CaptainSquid wrote:

It would be nice to see less Psychic Legendaries this time around, though. I dunno, I feel like there are too many. I also wonder, if the X and Y are based off of chromosomes, if maybe Yveltal might be male and Xerneas might be female?

Boys have X chromosomes as well!

This is a signature.
I mentioned signatures, which makes this a meta-signature,
A meta-signature mentioning meta-signatures is a meta-meta-signature.
Hence, this signature is infinitely meta. Does Meta-Knight have a self-awareness of his own name?

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8084-2308

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

170. Posted:

AlphaIchimoru wrote:

A type like that would be overpowered though. Of course, they are supposed to be "legendary" Pokemon, it's only right that they should be a massive challenge if you think about it.

Well what about X & Y being named after the X and Y axis', as in Weight, Height, and if there's a Pokemon Z, Depth. Think about it, the X legendary is rather big and more heavier than the Y Legendary, plus also Height=Flying pokemon=Y Legendary. Just a theory, it makes more sense to me since we already have a DNA pokemon, Deoxys and most Legendarys don't have genders, as far as I'm aware.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

171. Posted:

No one from Nintendo said that they were based on the chromosomes. Besides, since Gen 3, there has always been a 3rd legendary, so it's possible that the third one is "Z"

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

172. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

AlphaIchimoru wrote:

Well what about X & Y being named after the X and Y axis', as in Weight, Height, and if there's a Pokemon Z, Depth. Think about it, the X legendary is rather big and more heavier than the Y Legendary, plus also Height=Flying pokemon=Y Legendary. Just a theory, it makes more sense to me since we already have a DNA pokemon, Deoxys and most Legendarys don't have genders, as far as I'm aware.

Sorry but Latios is male and Latias is female

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

173. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

AlphaIchimoru wrote:

Sorry but Latios is male and Latias is female

And cresselia and heatran. :3

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Hokori

174. Posted:

Maybe it has something to do with DNA, but my guess is axis, besides chromosomes arnt X and Y they're XX and XY, that and I'm pretty sure there is no Z Chromosome

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

175. Posted:

http://www.heypoorplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pokem...

I said this once, I'll say it again, the Japanese title HAS a DNA strand on the title art.

Edited on by BlatantlyHeroic

AuthorMessage

Rensch

176. Posted:

My thoughts on the new Pokémon:

Chespin
Type: Grass
This seems to be the most original of the three starter pokémon. The chestnut hat is really cute. I'm not sure what exactly Chespin is supposed to be, though. It looks like a hedgehog or a chipmunk or perhaps a gopher. It does have these digging claws, leading me to believe it might evolve into a Grass/Ground-type like Turtwig could. I'm glad they are not going for another reptile-like creature for the Grass starter this time around. I like this fella.

Fennekin
Type: Fire
This is my least favourite of them all. It immediately reminded me of Flareon, Vulpix or Ninetales from Red/Blue, both of which are Fire-type foxes as well. And then there was the Dark-type Zorua and Zoroark in The Black/White series. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly unique about this guy. Still, it's the Fire-type starter, which is traditionally the most useful one early on in the game, when Water- and Grass-types are often readily available, but Fire-types are rare if not absent. I'm curious what it will look like after evolution.

Froakie
Type: Water
While frogs and other amphibians are nothing new to the series and not particularly original, there is something about this guy's design that made him my favourite starter from the beginning. I can't exactly say why. I hope he becomes a Grass/Ground-type after evolution. I always found that to be one of the most useful combinations in the game. If this thing evolves into something as great as say, Seismitoad or the mighty Swampert, it will probably quickly cement itself as one of my favourite 'mon in the new game. One thing that I found strange, though, is that it's not a tadpole, but already a frog in this earliest stage.

Xerneas
Type: I have no idea. Could be almost anything. My best guess is Psychic.
The reason for this wild guess is those majestic rainbow-coloured antlers. Those things look like they could amplify weird powers. And did you notice the X-shaped glint in its eyes. It reminds me of Virizion form Black/White or Dialga, the mascot of Pokémon Diamond. I really like the look of this deer-like legendary Pokémon. It is really majestic and regal. It will look great as a version mascot for X.

Yveltal
Type: Looks like a Flying-type, perhaps with Dragon as a second type. Its red and black colour scheme could also indicate a Fire-type.
The version mascot of Y. I like this guy even better than Xerneas. It reminds me of Lugia from Pokémon Gold/Silver. Look at those cool claw-like things on its tail and its wings. This awesome-looking legendary monster makes me want to pick Y. It's like a bird and a dragon at the same type. The coolest-looking one out of the five Pokémon currently revealed.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

177. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

My thoughts on the new Pokémon:

Chespin
Type: Grass
This seems to be the most original of the three starter pokémon. The chestnut hat is really cute. I'm not sure what exactly Chespin is supposed to be, though. It looks like a hedgehog or a chipmunk or perhaps a gopher. It does have these digging claws, leading me to believe it might evolve into a Grass/Ground-type like Turtwig could. I'm glad they are not going for another reptile-like creature for the Grass starter this time around. I like this fella.

Fennekin
Type: Fire
This is my least favourite of them all. It immediately reminded me of Flareon, Vulpix or Ninetales from Red/Blue, both of which are Fire-type foxes as well. And then there was the Dark-type Zorua and Zoroark in The Black/White series. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly unique about this guy. Still, it's the Fire-type starter, which is traditionally the most useful one early on in the game, when Water- and Grass-types are often readily available, but Fire-types are rare if not absent. I'm curious what it will look like after evolution.

Froakie
Type: Water
While frogs and other amphibians are nothing new to the series and not particularly original, there is something about this guy's design that made him my favourite starter from the beginning. I can't exactly say why. I hope he becomes a Grass/Ground-type after evolution. I always found that to be one of the most useful combinations in the game. If this thing evolves into something as great as say, Seismitoad or the mighty Swampert, it will probably quickly cement itself as one of my favourite 'mon in the new game. One thing that I found strange, though, is that it's not a tadpole, but already a frog in this earliest stage.

Xerneas
Type: I have no idea. Could be almost anything. My best guess is Psychic.
The reason for this wild guess is those majestic rainbow-coloured antlers. Those things look like they could amplify weird powers. And did you notice the X-shaped glint in its eyes. It reminds me of Virizion form Black/White or Dialga, the mascot of Pokémon Diamond. I really like the look of this deer-like legendary Pokémon. It is really majestic and regal. It will look great as a version mascot for X.

Yveltal
Type: Looks like a Flying-type, perhaps with Dragon as a second type. Its red and black colour scheme could also indicate a Fire-type.
The version mascot of Y. I like this guy even better than Xerneas. It reminds me of Lugia from Pokémon Gold/Silver. Look at those cool claw-like things on its tail and its wings. This awesome-looking legendary monster makes me want to pick Y. It's like a bird and a dragon at the same type. The coolest-looking one out of the five Pokémon currently revealed.

Chespin is a chipmunk and nice ideas.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

Emaan

178. Posted:

I'm just saying, they make the types of the starters really obvious in the announcement trailer.

Pattern: Shows starter, shows starter using primary type attack, shows starter using secondary type attack, repeat.

Untitled

So just an educated guess here:

Grass / Dark
Water / Fighting
Fire / Psychic

That also means each starters secondary type cancels out the other starters. It's like a double rock-paper-scissors rule they might have going. :O

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

179. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I'm just saying, they make the types of the starters really obvious in the announcement trailer.

Pattern: Shows starter, shows starter using primary type attack, shows starter using secondary type attack, repeat.

Untitled

So just an educated guess here:

Grass / Dark
Water / Fighting
Fire / Psychic

That also means each starters secondary type cancels out the other starters. It's like a double rock-paper-scissors rule they might have going. :O

I hope so. I'm picking Chespin and being Dark just simply makes him/her the best!!

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

180. Posted:

The fact that they're using different type moves doesn't guarantee their secondary type (if any) though. Most Psychic types can learn Shadow Ball and they're not part Ghost. The red / black colours in the first picture makes me think of Aerial Ace btw.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200