Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Posts 13,841 to 13,860 of 18,307

BenAV

@GuSilverFlame Haha, well now I have about half a box of them with 31/31/31/XX/31/31 and Fire/Thunder/Ice Fang bred on leftover that I don't want.
Moving onto Cottonee on my quest for a shiny, going for 31/0/31/31/31/31 to replace my 31/XX/31/31/31/31.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

GuSolarFlare

@BenAV cool! mine has only Fire Fang and Sucker Punch for egg moves(but it's good enough)
next I'll breed a Cofagrigus and then a Slaking... trying to make my first trick room team is hard.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

BenAV

Yeah, Fire Fang is the only one I'd consider using, but considering Snubbull passes on all three I figured I might as well give them all to her.
Good luck with your Trick Room team.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Araquanid

You have to breed via masuda method.. otherwise don't bother. Getting the shiny charm if you don't already have it would be extremely good to have as well.

If you don't have a foreign one go on GTS and wonder trade until you get a 5-6 IV mawile from another country. Then breed it with an opposite gender.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Araquanid

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@BenAV cool! mine has only Fire Fang and Sucker Punch for egg moves(but it's good enough)
next I'll breed a Cofagrigus and then a Slaking... trying to make my first trick room team is hard.

In a double battle.. have a pokemon that knows skillswap and entertainment. Skill swap the slaking.. and use entertainment on the opponent's pokemon

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

BenAV

Stomatopod17 wrote:

You have to breed via masuda method.. otherwise don't bother. Getting the shiny charm if you don't already have it would be extremely good to have as well.

I'm using the Masuda Method and I have the Shiny Charm... my game still just doesn't like giving me shinies.

BenAV

Snagrio

Wow... While EV horde training, I saw two shiny Vanillies in the same horde. Of course I could only catch one though. With that said it is the third shiny I've caught by myself (aka not including those gotten from trades).

However the shiny color as it evolves is incredibly disappointing. Vanillite stands out just fine with a bright pink coloration, then Vanillish is a faint shade of purple, and finally Vanilluxe is a barely noticeable darker blue.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Gridatttack

WingedSnagret wrote:

Wow... While EV horde training, I saw two shiny Vanillies in the same horde. Of course I could only catch one though. With that said it is the third shiny I've caught by myself (aka not including those gotten from trades).

However the shiny color as it evolves is incredibly disappointing. Vanillite stands out just fine with a bright pink coloration, then Vanillish is a faint shade of purple, and finally Vanilluxe is a barely noticeable darker blue.

Lol nice. IMagine encountering something like this:
Untitled

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

MrPokirby

Gridatttack wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Lol nice. IMagine encountering something like this:
Untitled

Okay, it's official. The shiny charm is just flat out broken. Either that, or you two have stolen the souls of Chuggaaconroy, that one guy who kept winning everything on The Price is Right (if you don't know what I'm talking about, but want to, click here) and a Leprechaun and made their infinite amount of luck become yours...

Seriously, multiple shinies and only being able to catch one? -ing first world problems.

Edited on by MrPokirby

Stay positive! +

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6529-2402 | Nintendo Network ID: PostiveMaster | Twitter:

BenAV

So I got a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Cottonee earlier... but still yet to find a shiny.
Next up is to get a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Froakie.
I'm not looking forward to training up all these Pokemon I've rebred.

BenAV

Snagrio

So I decided to go Safari hunting for the heck of it last night (well technically today since it was 1 am in the morning). Literally the second Pokemon I encountered...
Untitled
Shiny Spheal. Also thankfully it keeps the same coloration throughout the evolutionary line unlike a certain other Ice type.

Snagrio

Araquanid

One thing I always wondered was.. why isn't ice type moves super effective on water types? Ice freeze water so I don't get it.. but then again fairies are immune to dragon so I guess gamefreak's type advantage logic is invalid..

My Shinies

GuSolarFlare

@Stomatopod17 it was all a plan to make the move freeze dry exist

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Snagrio

Stomatopod17 wrote:

One thing I always wondered was.. why isn't ice type moves super effective on water types? Ice freeze water so I don't get it.. but then again fairies are immune to dragon so I guess gamefreak's type advantage logic is invalid..

Ground and Steel typing is especially baffling to me. Steel weak to Fire and resisted by Water? How does Ground beat Rock, Steel, and Poison? I could go on and on...

Snagrio

Araquanid

Dark is weak to bug.. that puzzles me.

Ghost types being weak to dark puzzles me because when you think of a "Ghost" you think of an enity living in a dark area such as an abandoned cave thriving in the darkness.. it should be resistant not weak to it's own shadows practicely.

Remember kids! Don't be afraid of the dark.. ghost don't like the darkness!!! according to pokemon logic..

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

GuSolarFlare

well thik of it this way, if all made sense, the game would be even more unbalanced than it already is.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Snagrio

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Water resist makes sense. Water rusts metals. Ground beating rock makes sense to me too. Smashing rock or Rock crumbling during an earthquake. Steel some logic as rock, gets crushed under an earthquake. Poison I kinda just accept. Not sure either but it feels right.

That does make sense when you put it that way.

There is still something I don't quite get though. Fighting being weak to Flying. I guess the idea is flying creatures can carry off ground-based enemies by their backs thereby rendering their limbs useless (most Fighting types are humanoid so losing the ability to use arms and legs would be a death sentence).

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic