3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 13,841 to 13,860 of 18,292

AuthorMessage

BenAV

13,841. Posted:

Skarmory's pretty great.
It's currently one of the main members of my team, and allows me to get some easy switch ins against physical attackers.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

13,842. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Probably the only things that have any life left as far as online play goes on the DS/Wii would be Pokemon and Mario Kart...
Considering that Pokemon X/Y and Mario Kart 7 are out, soon Mario Kart 8 too, it makes perfect sense to discontinue the old services and try to persuade customers to move onto the new systems instead.

i disagree with that though. the 3DS has backwards compatiability and i think it is stupid to shut off the old services when many people still have DS games that they like to play. I wonder if this affects netflix though. Since I kept my Wii just so that my kids could watch netflix on it whenever they want. And why would they make an app for Pokemon bank and not keep the service for Black/white/black 2/white 2. I still play those games thank you very much.

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

BenAV

13,843. Posted:

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Probably the only things that have any life left as far as online play goes on the DS/Wii would be Pokemon and Mario Kart...
Considering that Pokemon X/Y and Mario Kart 7 are out, soon Mario Kart 8 too, it makes perfect sense to discontinue the old services and try to persuade customers to move onto the new systems instead.

i disagree with that though. the 3DS has backwards compatiability and i think it is stupid to shut off the old services when many people still have DS games that they like to play. I wonder if this affects netflix though. Since I kept my Wii just so that my kids could watch netflix on it whenever they want. And why would they make an app for Pokemon bank and not keep the service for Black/white/black 2/white 2. I still play those games thank you very much.

I definitely think they'll be a lot of annoyed people who still wanted to play the DS Pokemon games online, but I think from Nintendo's point of view that isn't going to hurt them too much, and might end up in some of those people moving on to the 3DS and Pokemon X/Y (not that they're struggling with sales or anything anyway), due to it now being their only option to play Pokemon online.
That said I'm not trying to say that that's the reason why Nintendo's shutting down the services, but it could be a small factor.

As far as Netflix on the Wii goes, I can't really say because it's not available in my country anyway but I would imagine that it'll still continue to be available, considering other services such as the Wii Shop Channel, Internet Channel and YouTube are unaffected.

AuthorMessage

Blast

13,844. Posted:

Hurry up and announce the next big Pokemon game, Gamefreak.
Pokemon X/Y isn't fulfilling enough. (still a great game, though despite lacking vital stuff essential to a good Pokemon game)

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

13,845. Posted:

it's been a while, I didn't even touch my pkmnY after getting back to playing KI:U(that I am also barely playing)
well maybe I'll be back after I finish this manga.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

13,846. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Pokemon X/Y isn't fulfilling enough. (still a great game, though despite lacking vital stuff essential to a good Pokemon game)

Wait until 2015. Untitled

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

Blast

13,847. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame and @Marakuto LOL PK X/Y are good games but I quickly realized it fell short on multiple things. I'll put it to you like this... PK X/Y is actually my shortest playthru time for a Pokemon game. I didn't rush through the game either. The content is just lacking in so many areas.
You guys shoulda seen my friends reaction when we realized that the move tutors were terrible. :P

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

13,848. Posted:

@Blast This is Game Freaks way of luring in us Pokefans. We buy the first entries in the new generation which are rather lack-luster compared to the previous content filled game and has features that aren't used to their full-extent (Pokemon Amie could've used backgrounds corresponding to Pokemon's typing or customisable backgrounds which would've been much better). It's as if they use certain mechanics and other features for water testing to see what could be improved in the future game in the current generation which seems to be happening.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

13,849. Posted:

@blast sadly that's how Pokémon works, nowadays it's called Capcom trick but people forget GameFreak made new better versions of its games soon after they are released, long before Capcom.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

13,850. Posted:

I now have perfectly bred/trained a: Blaziken, Togekiss, Gliscor, Klefki, Talonflame, Gastrodon, Reuniclus, Skarmory, Aegislash, Tyranitar, Chandelure, Greninja, Metagross, (Wash) Rotom, Milotic, Scolipede, Noivern, Kangaskhan, Goodra, Excadrill, Galvantula, Breloom, Mawile, Garchomp, and Volcarona.

Also almost clocking in 800 hours. Whew...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

13,851. Posted:

Blast wrote:

lol, I have over 300 hours and counting in Y. Please, Game Freak, take your time. They'll probably announce something end of this year or next year. Honestly, Pokemon is probably the only franchise I'm content with buying just "upgrade versions". i mean, each new game usually adds a lot that warrants it's purchase to me but I know to others it just seems like COD/Capcom. meh. Although I'm glad they generally wait close to two years rather than pumping them out every year. I think otherwise i'd get burned out.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Blast

13,852. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo and @GuSilverFlame and @Marakuto

Its sad Gamefreak does that... Its a formula they know that works every dang time. Lol

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

13,853. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Its sad Gamefreak does that... Its a formula they know that works every dang time. Lol

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha
Super Smash Bros. IGN/MII: This guy

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17

AuthorMessage

Blast

13,854. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

BWHAHAHAHAH!!!

AuthorMessage

Blast

13,855. Posted:

I'm one of those Pokemon fans who love Pokemon games NOT just because of the battling but because of the personal experience. I like that I can work in a hotel in Luminose City and explore that huge art museum. I spent so much time making a Trainer PR video because I felt like it was my own special thing. Pokemon games need to do more of that. THAT STUFF IS GOLDEN TO ME.

Can you guys imagine how awesome it would be if there was a comedic Pokemon Hospital and you could work there as a nurse? Everyday something hilarious happens and all the doctors are Pokemon? Or how about you can ride this epic airplane (where you can fully explore it before it lands) that leads to a incredibly modern city? There's just so many ideas running in my head... :)

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

13,856. Posted:

I wish there was a game where you could visit ALL regions of the world..

Ternus, after beating the elite four go in a plane like above said and manually fly it to whereever you want to go.. such as revisit kanto or unova.. and even battle the gym leaders and elite four there.

It can be able to read your X/Y data finding previous trainer info on non-traded banked pokes.. and even find out which pokes your previous gen trainers used the most and regenerate them as the champion you battle.

My main team in 4th gen was bronzong, giratina, porygon-z, shedinja, drapion, and dunsparce.. (No joke I seriously thought dunsparce was OP back then.. access to roost, dig, icebeam..) and so my arche rival would have that team when going through gen 4. Kinda like RED in soulsilver/gold.. but with more accurate teams and players..

Shrugs at the thought I'd have to battle venomoth during the kalos region run.. and shedinja and giratina in the sinnoh run..

Wait is this thing on... STOP READING MY BRAIN!!! AAAAAAH!!!

Edited on by MegaBeedrill

AuthorMessage

Blast

13,857. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

I wish there was a game where you could visit ALL regions of the world..

Ternus, after beating the elite four go in a plane like above said and manually fly it to whereever you want to go.. such as revisit kanto or unova.. and even battle the gym leaders and elite four there.

It can be able to read your X/Y data finding previous trainer info on non-traded banked pokes.. and even find out which pokes your previous gen trainers used the most and regenerate them as the champion you battle.

My main team in 4th gen was bronzong, giratina, porygon-z, shedinja, drapion, and dunsparce.. (No joke I seriously thought dunsparce was OP back then.. access to roost, dig, icebeam..) and so my arche rival would have that team when going through gen 4. Kinda like RED in soulsilver/gold.. but with more accurate teams and players..

Shrugs at the thought I'd have to battle venomoth during the kalos region run.. and shedinja and giratina in the sinnoh run..

Wait is this thing on... STOP READING MY BRAIN!!! AAAAAAH!!!

Being able to visit more than one region should be a automatic standard for a Pokemon main game.

Pokemon Platinum is my favorite game of all time.

A Pokemon game where I can revisit Jubilife City in 3D????

AWWW YEAHHH :D

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

13,858. Posted:

I want a mega shedinja... gets an attack boost and 80 base hp...

I like this guy's idea of the design..
Untitled

AuthorMessage

BenAV

13,859. Posted:

So I've now resumed my quest for my first ever hatched shiny in X version (well over 3000 eggs now with nothing).
There's still none I want specifically, so I'm just going to rebreed some of my five IV Pokemon with six IVs until I get a shiny in the process... first up is Mawile, because I needed to rebreed it for the right Ball anyway and to give it some egg moves.

AuthorMessage

BenAV

13,860. Posted:

Well, there's my six IV Mawile... still no shiny.
Onto the next Pokemon I guess, will probably rebreed them all with six IVs before getting a shiny one. :P