Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 13,821 to 13,840 of 17,838

AuthorMessage

MrPokirby

13,821. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

MrPokirby wrote:

I haven't used pokegen myself, but don't you get the pokemon you make from the GTS in your game? If so, won't you and everyone else who hacks in pokemon be screwed once Nintendo closes the DS Wi-Fi stuff? I mean, you can't connect to the GTS if you can't get internet, so once they shut down the connection...

There are other methods that don't require the GTS, so there's always still going to be plenty of hacked Pokemon going around.

Untitled

3DS action replays either don't exist or don't work.

"If you don't dream, you'll never be able to wake up."
"Before you look for an answer, make sure there's an answer to look for."
"If something is created only for it to be destroyed, should it even be created at all?"
"Need is a being that can only exist when accompanied by desire."
-Myself +

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6529-2402 | Nintendo Network ID: PostiveMaster

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

13,822. Posted:

@MrPokirby
Untitled

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

13,823. Posted:

@MrPokirby There was a new action replay very recently released for the 3DS. It's not actually called action replay. Everyone's been using it to get early access to event legends. Jump into a random x and y twitch stream. Odds are you'll find proof by people using up obtainable pokemon.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MrPokirby

13,824. Posted:

But can you prove that it works?

"If something is created only for it to be destroyed, should it even be created at all?"
-Myself +

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

13,825. Posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMxiQcn_Y38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMxiQcn_Y38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKq_hRS94Fk

Is PowerSaves, my bad.

Edited on by ShadowFox254

AuthorMessage

Stomatopod17

13,826. Posted:

MrPokirby wrote:

Like retro said, they actually came out with a new one but it's called "Powersav" instead.
It very well indeed works. Unlike pokegen tho you have to buy it for 20 dollars from gamestop or walmart or even online (I'm pretty sure it's sold by anyone that sells electronics)
But the hacks you have to code in.. you can google online for codes already made such as arceus event and just enter those and use them.
Here's an example of somebody who already pre-entered the arceus event code.. and the walk through walls code using them. (btw this is the original AR for the ds.

Edited on by Stomatopod17

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425

AuthorMessage

Gridatttack

13,827. Posted:

Lol. Using an AR to put in pokegenned mons? Have fun typing 30-100 lines of codes :P

Even though, there's an easier way without GTS, but it cant be explained here because it requires some 'stuff' :>

Also lol I think I battled a genned zapdos. It was shiny, and had hidden power ice...what a coincidence (thought it can be RNG abused too :P )

Sparity~
4554-0649-6542

AuthorMessage

MrPokirby

13,828. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

MrPokirby wrote:

Like retro said, they actually came out with a new one but it's called "Powersav" instead.
It very well indeed works. Unlike pokegen tho you have to buy it for 20 dollars from gamestop or walmart or even online (I'm pretty sure it's sold by anyone that sells electronics)
But the hacks you have to code in.. you can google online for codes already made such as arceus event and just enter those and use them.
Here's an example of somebody who already pre-entered the arceus event code.. and the walk through walls code using them. (btw this is the original AR for the ds.

I know that regular DS Action Replays work. I've used one myself. My question is that will the 3DS Action replay work, considering the 3DS hub, as I'll call it? The only time my DS Action Replay worked was when I set my DS Lite settings to be that it automatically plays whatever DS game I have inserted, rather than going to the screen with Download Play and Pictochat and the such.The 3DS doesn't have that setting however, so I'm unsure of whether I can trust the 3DS Action Replay or not.

-Myself +

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

13,829. Posted:

And here I am getting perfect Pokemon the legit way. :p Though I do make the exception of Dittos since trying to get one with perfect IVs normally is a royal pain.

Speaking of which, I've actually found a 6IV Ditto to be incredibly troublesome. I can't tell you how many times it passed down the unwanted physical or special attack IV when it was supposed to go somewhere else.

Guess @MrPokirby will have to help me out again since I don't have any previous gen games to transport from, let alone money in general to get a "device" to do the deed here.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

BenAV

13,830. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Speaking of which, I've actually found a 6IV Ditto to be incredibly troublesome. I can't tell you how many times it passed down the unwanted physical or special attack IV when it was supposed to go somewhere else.

That tends to happen quite a lot, but in the end you still have the same chance of getting the right five as you would with a five IV one so it doesn't hurt.
I've also been finding that I've been getting quite a lot of six IV Pokemon lately while using one.
While breeding special attackers though, I use a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Ditto.

WingedSnagret wrote:

Guess @MrPokirby will have to help me out again since I don't have any previous gen games to transport from, let alone money in general to get a "device" to do the deed here.

I can usually get a hold of any gen five Pokemon relatively quickly (with magic) so should be able to help anyone out if they ever need something specific.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

MrPokirby

13,831. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

And here I am getting perfect Pokemon the legit way. :p Though I do make the exception of Dittos since trying to get one with perfect IVs normally is a royal pain.

Well, at any other time, I'd definitely help you with something like this, but we've got a bit of a problem. My free trial for the bank is already over and even if I were to renew it, I'd only have a few days to use it since Nintendo's shutting of the DS internet connection, meaning that I can't get the Pokemon you want from the GTS, so it looks like we'll have to start doing things... "legit" from now on...

-Myself +

AuthorMessage

Stomatopod17

13,832. Posted:

MrPokirby wrote:

so it looks like we'll have to start doing things... "legit" from now on...

Actually the powersave sucks..
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?34038-3DS-Pow...

AuthorMessage

BenAV

13,833. Posted:

Considering how easy breeding is now there's rarely a need to generate and transfer over anything anyway.
Mostly just for Move Tutor moves I guess, which should hopefully all be added to Z or whatever comes next.
Besides from that I guess just Dittos to breed with and Dex completion.

AuthorMessage

Stomatopod17

13,834. Posted:

Wouldn't BW/B2W2's wifi still work on the 3ds? I actually used pokegen while on my 3ds.. as isn't only the systems getting shutdown not the game servers?

AuthorMessage

BenAV

13,835. Posted:

I'd imagine how it works is that the DS games use the old Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (and not Nintendo Network), regardless of which system you use.

Edit: Yep.

As of May 20th, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service will be discontinued and it will no longer be possible to use online features of Nintendo DS/DSi and Wii software such as online play, matchmaking and leaderboards.

and there's a list of titles, which includes all the Pokemon games.

Edited on by BenAV

AuthorMessage

MrPokirby

13,836. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Wouldn't BW/B2W2's wifi still work on the 3ds? I actually used pokegen while on my 3ds.. as isn't only the systems getting shutdown not the game servers?

... I'm pretty sure they're shutting down the servers, considering how many people are using 3DSes more than regular DSes. I mean, why keep the Mario Kart DS servers up when you can go on the Mario Kart 7 servers, as an example? Besides, it also costs a lot of money to keep them up, considering that Nintendo isn't paying people to use their servers. (Which is one of the bigger reasons why I like Nintendo more that Microsoft and Sony BTW)

-Myself +

AuthorMessage

Stomatopod17

13,837. Posted:

RIP online play.. half of my friends I never see always play the only game they have (mario kart wii) with me online and now it's dead..

TBH.. nintendo should just request payment for the service now rather than completely shut it down.

Alot of people will be pissed when BW/B2W2 closes..

AuthorMessage

BenAV

13,838. Posted:

Probably the only things that have any life left as far as online play goes on the DS/Wii would be Pokemon and Mario Kart...
Considering that Pokemon X/Y and Mario Kart 7 are out, soon Mario Kart 8 too, it makes perfect sense to discontinue the old services and try to persuade customers to move onto the new systems instead.

Edited on by BenAV

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

13,839. Posted:

So what Mega version of Latias and Latios do you guys prefer?

AuthorMessage

Stomatopod17

13,840. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

So what Mega version of Latias and Latios do you guys prefer?

They look exactly the same so idk.. one is more defensive and the other is more offensive.

I noticed latias floats lower to the ground while latios floats higher.