3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 1,081 to 1,100 of 18,291

AuthorMessage

Rensch

1,081. Posted:

Corocoro reveals several more Pokémon. Spewpa was mentioned on the official site the other day, but for the others we have only Japanese names. The same goes for human characters and locations:

Source: Serebii.net

Kofukimushi (Japanese name)
Type: Bug
This is Kalos's caterpillar Pokémon. Think of it as a Caterpie, Sewaddle, Wurmple or Weedle. Much like those it first goes through a larval phase, then a cocoon and finally a mature form, which is Vivillion who was revealed the other day.

Spewpa
Type: Bug
This appears to be like the cocoon phase that it stays in until it becomes Vivillion. Is that furry body made of silk? This guy probably knows the move Harden.

Shishiko (Jap. name)
Type: Fire/Normal
This is a lion cub of sorts. Judging from that flame on its head, it will evolve to have huge fiery mane, which is a design I have been wanting to see for years. This is kind of like a fiery version of Shinx.

Furabebe (Jap. name)
Type: Fairy
At first glance this looks like a grass type Pokémon, but closer inspection reveals it is a little fairy merely hanging on to a flower. I am intrigued by this cute little thing. Is that flower its nest? This is clearly the most intriguing of the newly revealed Pokémon, not in the least because it is a member of the new Fairy-type group.

• There is a Bug gym in Hakudan City led by Viola.
  • The town you start from is called Asame in Japanese.
  • There are several main characters besides you which are Sana, Pansy, Tieruno and Toroba plus the one you did not choose to play as. The boy is called Callum, the girl Serena. These names may change in the English game.
  • You may have already noticed it in yesterday's trailer, but there is apparently a pet Rhyhorn in your front lawn.
  • New moves include Fairy Wind and Battle Cry

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,082. Posted:

Fairy type...real...I need a drink...or 20...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

1,083. Posted:

mumof3kids82 wrote:

did you guys hear that at the start of the game you get a choice of seven languages that you can play the game in? that is certainly different.
and the pss thing is awesome. it's how you can connect to anybody playing pokemon x & y even if they are on the other side of the world. this game is going to be epic man.

I really hope the language thing is really optnal in-game and not fixed to the language settings in your console, I don't want to play pokemon in spanish and I certainly don't want to change the language of my whole console just to play it in english.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

1,084. Posted:

Oh my god wishes are coming true
A fire lion which is fire/normal like helioptile normal is it's second type it's never happened before (normal as a 2nd type) and has now been done twice in one region
Furabebe I thought was just a flower when I first saw it making me think why it's not part grass then I looked again it's a flower gaudian thing it's not a flower it's a tiny pixie thing which is smaller than joltik (maybe)
The game gets better and better and weirdly corocoro revealed pokemon E3 didn't could we have all the newest pokemon from yesterday and today on pokemon smash then blow out the brains of everyone by revealing some more Dear God let it happen

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage

Rensch

1,085. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

mumof3kids82 wrote:

did you guys hear that at the start of the game you get a choice of seven languages that you can play the game in? that is certainly different.
and the pss thing is awesome. it's how you can connect to anybody playing pokemon x & y even if they are on the other side of the world. this game is going to be epic man.

I really hope the language thing is really optnal in-game and not fixed to the language settings in your console, I don't want to play pokemon in spanish and I certainly don't want to change the language of my whole console just to play it in english.

I saw a screenshot of the in-game language menu, you can really select what language you want on-screen at the start of the game. This means you are not forced to use the system settings. See for yourself:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/34.jpg

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,086. Posted:

I love the new Pokemon so much! :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rensch

1,087. Posted:

Video from E3 roundtable:

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

1,088. Posted:

The games just get better and the rumour just gets more true X and Y greatest games made so far
The best pokemon designs too and in 2 days we've got 9 pokemon and so much more information more and more hyped all the time

AuthorMessage

Witeldram

1,089. Posted:

How do you guys think the new type will affect the metagame? I'm positive Azumarill will be overused now that it can get rid of Dragon-types, not to mention the ability Huge Power isn't bad.

Check out my Tumblr:
http://theboyfromplanetzi.tumblr.com/
"We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same, instead of always looking at what's different . . . well, who knows?" - Meowth, Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0189-7951 | Nintendo Network ID: Exolon

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,090. Posted:

All Pokémon X and Y info from E3 and Coro Coro

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

1,091. Posted:

firestarter2398 wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Character customization beyond skin and hair color has also been indirectly confirmed via an image showing various faces of players.

That's the people you meet in the game, like your friends a list of friends and passerby

Untitled

No that's actually player avatars. The video in the post above also explains you can change their clothing and hair, they wanted each player to look unique.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

1,092. Posted:

Oh well then just simply amazing

does anyone else think that talonflame isn't very creative. I heard that apparently talon can mean hidden if so then the name is pretty creative but it's not really the usual mixture, like it could've been talonitro then again if it evolves then we could see a talonitro or something it's just kinda weird in the anime you'd hear "talonflame I choose you" then again maybe it's just me thinking all of this

17 years since the creation of the pokemon games. Only now we move diagonally, customize characters and it's in 3d (I get the 3d wouldn't happen straight away but now it's in full 3d)

Edited on by firestarter2398

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

1,093. Posted:

why must october be so far away? i want to play this game now :( lol

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

1,094. Posted:

Don't worry it'll be here before you know it it's just a shame that people must get it some other time (like me) cuz we can't afford it

AuthorMessage

Rensch

1,095. Posted:

This is like the fourth trailer this week. Enjoy:

• The caterpillar is called Scatterbug
  • The cocoon that evolves from Scatterbug is confirmed as Spewpa (evolves into Vivillion)
  • The Lion is called Litleo, with its signature move Noble Roar
  • The flower fairy is called Flabébé
  • Hakudan City is called Santalune City in English. Here you get the roller skates. They seem to replace the running shoes.
  • The leader of Santalune Gym is Viola, who commands Bug-type Pokémon and likes photography.
  • You start in Vaniville Town.
  • Your friends are called Shauna, Tierno and Trevor
  • The fourth friend is the protagonist is dependend on your gender. The girl is called Serena, the boy Calem. The one of your opposite gender appears in your game.
  • The character Pansy will be known as Alexa. She is a journalist and older sister to Viola.

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,096. Posted:

What the heck happened to the playable characters being called Xavier and Yvettone(or something like that I don't remember). :( Ugh.
And I don't like Shishiko's English name. Litleo? It's too awkward for a name. Oh well, it'll evolve anyways so no big deal. I'll get use to it! Out of all the pokemon so far Litleo is probably my favorite.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rensch

1,097. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

What the heck happened to the playable characters being called Xavier and Yvettone(or something like that I don't remember). :( Ugh.
And I don't like Shishiko's English name. Litleo? It's too awkward for a name. Oh well, it'll evolve anyways so no big deal. I'll get use to it! Out of all the pokemon so far Litleo is probably my favorite.

Xavier and Yvonne seem to be the player names they use in the screenshots on the official site. As rival characters they seem to be called Calem or Serena. Perhaps they wanted to use something that sounds French. It is also possible these are all standard names like Ash or Red were.

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

1,098. Posted:

Litleo will evolve into something so amazing I can see my team coming together fast
By the end of the game I'll have my typhlosion, emboar and reshiram from white 2, Litleo's final evolution (hoping for it to be called lionitro but that's so unlikely) My starter, fennekin or chespin, and maybe the other if I want it but most likely will be something else
great games can only think of the improvements they put into the remake
so mother frigging pumped

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,099. Posted:

So does anyone see a scorpion tail on Litleo? I've seen people speculate that he's going to evolve into some mythical creature fire/poison. I think that might be reading in too much. I just want a fire lion but that would be cool too!

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rensch

1,100. Posted:

You mean like the manticora of mythology? That would be badass.