Forums

Topic: Pokemon White or Black??? Never played it before?

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

daydreamer

Which one should I get? I've never played Pokemon before...

Also, is there a way to make the screen size normal for ds games on 3ds?

thanks

Quote me for my 3DS friend code :)

Eel

Buy the one you like the best, they're the same game.
To play games in their small original resolution just press (and keep pressed) either select or start as you start up the game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ecto-1

They are essentially the same game. The biggest difference is the legendary that you catch at the end (the guys on the covers). If you like one of the cover characters better than the other, go with that version. You can play DS games in their native resolution by holding down the start and select buttons when you start the game from the 3DS home menu. Hope this helps.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Papa_Godzilla

and how lost should I expect to be when i only played the red and blue versions YEARS ago. (i tried the yellow versions too)

i mean, should i get black/white, or go for the heart gold/soul silver first ?

Papa_Godzilla

Ecto-1

The stories in these games are fairly self reliant. They don't really involve the plots from the previous games at all. You should have no real difficulty jumping straight into Black/White, even if you haven't played any of the games since the originals. There have been some changes and additions made over the years, but the games are pretty good about explaining things. I would probably recommend Black/White over Heart Gold/Soul Silver simply because of all of the enhancements made in Black/White (moving sprites, triple/rotation battles, ect).

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

daydreamer

thanks everyone.
How long does the game take to complete?

Quote me for my 3DS friend code :)

Ecto-1

It took me between 20 and 30 hours to complete and as Swiket said, there is plenty of content for after you complete the main story. I still haven't finished all of the post story stuff and I've been playing since the game released in March.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

LordJumpMad

Don't think too much about it,
just enjoy it.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

bro2dragons

Untitled

Edited on by bro2dragons

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Papa_Godzilla

awesome. where did you get this art ? hahaha

one more question. does it have the old pokemons as well as the new ones ? i remember well the classics, heck i play the old card game with my kids now and then.

Papa_Godzilla

Dynetheous

yeah, you need to beat the game then you will have access to the older generation of pokemon

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Ecto-1

Several of the older species begin to appear once you've beaten the main story. You can also obtain ones that do not appear in the wild (like the starters for instance) by trading in the online Global Terminal (I think that is what it is called).

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

mariopaperthin

buy both beat both then transfer your pokemon on white or black that you want and lendgendnary that you cant get on black or white and when your done with one give it to your friend or someone who doesnt have it that what i did

khalil lewis
3ds friend code 3394-3611-9704
name mariopthin

thereefernander

Can your trade Poke'mon over the net with Black/White?

Proud owner of a 3DS for the sole purpose to buy Ocarina of Time 3D to recover nostalgia of the best game ever.

3DS FC: 3351-4158-2493

Tasuki

I ended up buying both of them cause I couldnt figure out which to get. Plus having one copy of each is nice if you have other Pokemon players in your house that way you can trade with each other. My son plays Black while I play White.

If you want you an peruse this thread to get more of an idea of the game not sure if it will help you and just a fair warning it may contain spoilers, but it should give you an idea of what the games are about.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/ds/pokemon_black_and_white...

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.