Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 721 to 740 of 980

canucksfan989

I'm really forgiving when it comes to Pokemon games i barely get in the competition side of it i think Sun and Moon is the first story i've paid attention to since Gold and Silver i just enjoy going through each game doing the gym battles building up a team trying out different Pokemon and usually sits on the shelf until i decide to play it again or sell it much like any other game i buy even 10/10 ones. As for the Amazon reviews and honestly any review system professional or amateur i can never trust i have to get the product in my hands to know for sure whether i like it or not yes it costs me sometimes and i get burned but plenty of times especially with electronics i find it's user error and they just don't know what they're doing but they give it a 1/5 review on Amazon, Best Buy, etc. If i had to choose the best way to showcase anything it would be through Youtube to see whatever it is in play you just don't get the same feel when you're just reading a simple 3-4 sentence review online or even a website article review.

Edited on by canucksfan989

canucksfan989

Plasmbolt64

I saw on serebii that apparently you can farm Guzzlord just like the other UBs. Does anybody know if this is correct?

Plasmbolt64

shaneoh

Araquanid wrote:

In fairness though, you can't review pokemon ultra sun and moon as a series game, but as a game of its own. Its the fact that its another pokemon game so people are reviewing ultra next to plat/BW/XY etc when they should be reviewing ultra sun and moon for being ultra sun and moon without factoring in other content.

So still a one star out of five.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Late

Bolt_Strike wrote:

It's not the reviews themselves that are significant, it's that half of the people reviewing the game gave it 1 Star. Usually when that many people are unhappy with a product, you start to lose money if you don't address it. I work for a company that sells products on Amazon, and I deal with this sort of thing all of the time and Amazon has taken down offers for less than this. Granted that's more for issues with damaged/defective products or receiving the wrong product, they're definitely not going to take down the listing for the game just because people don't like the game's content, but the same principle applies when it comes to addressing customer feedback. If I were looking a product with this kind of feedback at work, it would be well within the range where I would need to either address the issue or discontinue the product.

Octane wrote:

@Bolt_Strike They're clearly wrong, I've read this game is a 10/10

From who? Game Freak?

NL's US/UM Review

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Araquanid

my 2nd egg in this game, without the shiny charm or even the oval charm... hatched shiny...

Well then...

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

roy130390

shaneoh wrote:

Araquanid wrote:

In fairness though, you can't review pokemon ultra sun and moon as a series game, but as a game of its own. Its the fact that its another pokemon game so people are reviewing ultra next to plat/BW/XY etc when they should be reviewing ultra sun and moon for being ultra sun and moon without factoring in other content.

So still a one star out of five.

Ooooh savage!

I do have to say that in my case I did love Sun and Moon despite having some steps back in some aspects. I loved the Fight for the Title Battle and it was actually quite surprising for me. I still enjoy Shaneo's burns though

Then again, I can see why many didn't feel the same way about the game, and considering that the new ones have the annoying Pokedex that needs attention, a different story that arguably ruins the previous one in some aspects (and that is even longer which many hated already about Sun and Moon) and a different Fight for the Title Battle for the worst with just a few new places, mini games and pokemon... It's easy to understand why most people passed on them, including me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Bolt_Strike

canucksfan989 wrote:

As for the Amazon reviews and honestly any review system professional or amateur i can never trust i have to get the product in my hands to know for sure whether i like it or not yes it costs me sometimes and i get burned but plenty of times especially with electronics i find it's user error and they just don't know what they're doing but they give it a 1/5 review on Amazon, Best Buy, etc. If i had to choose the best way to showcase anything it would be through Youtube to see whatever it is in play you just don't get the same feel when you're just reading a simple 3-4 sentence review online or even a website article review.

You're missing the point. It's not about whether or not the player gets any information from the reviews. That's entirely subjective and varies depending on player taste. It's about whether or not Game Freak gets that a lot of fans are unhappy with the game and changes things in the future. Half of Japan fans saying the game is terrible makes a strong statement.

Late wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

From who? Game Freak?

NL's US/UM Review

Like I said, from who? Game Freak?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Meowpheel wrote:

He's literally answering your question. NL gave it a 10/10.

Way to miss the joke.

We really need a “you missed the Pokémon” gif for this situation.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Eel

Well, I'm either not receptive enough, or the joke was too well hidden.

Was it like a pun, or something?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarkRula

We all know companies like to big up their games, and the response was to "They're wrong. I read the game was a 10/10". And now I've explained the joke, it's lost the humour.

I'm certainly enjoying the new 'mon in different routes. It's enabled me to build a completely new team of those that I think weren't in the previous games [aside from Pichu, which finally evolved at Lv22]. I also keep missing the hour needed to evolve that Rockruff into Dawn Lycanrock.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

canucksfan989

@DarkRula I screwed up the evolution a couple times first i assumed it would level at 25 then i thought it was just 5pm to 5am then i realized it was for just an hour and on top of that i didn't change my 3DS clock for daylight savings so i had to make sure i was on between 4pm at 5pm needless to say it was quite the hassle but at least i have it evolved at 27 finally lol

canucksfan989

riChchestM

Yesterday I evolved Rockruff into Dusk. Felt good about it.
This morning Pokébank updated and I pulled in a Ditto. Then realised I could have waited a day to evolve Rockruff, and paired it with Ditto and an everstone to raise an army of Dusk Lycanroc. Too late now.

Also
2016: Get in the bag, Nebby
2017: Get in the ba... SHUT UP ROTODEX SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP..., Nebby

riChchestM

Nintendo Network ID: riChchestM | Twitter:

IceClimbers

It's pretty telling when the upcoming updates for Splatoon 2 introduce more than Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon do.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tyranexx

Are there any decent electric types that can be obtained relatively early? As much as I liked using Alolan Raichu, it had the defenses of a wet paper bag.

Honestly, if half of my team hadn't already had problems with flying types in Sun, I probably would have had a Vikavolt.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haruki_NLI

@Tyranexx Magnemite, which now evolves earlier than Vast Poni Canyon now. Oricorio if you want it from MeleMele Meadow. You can also get Mareep early on Akala Island.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.