Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 581 to 600 of 980

Namco

Now it's official, IMO all the designs and forms introduced in Ultra are lame. Pretty sure none of this will grow on me.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Pokefanmum82

No leaks for me. I want to enjoy the game and not be spoiled.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

VisuaVocaVee

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

I like you. This will be the first time i go into one of the games without looking at leaks since Platinum. I miss the fun feeling of being shocked at things.

VisuaVocaVee

Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

I like the internet as much as the next person but I am sick of people ruining games for people. it's like fast forwarding to the end of a movie to see how it ends or flipping to the last chapter in a book....I will be taking a break from youtube and any pokemon leak related sites until I get my copy on the 20th. I know it comes out on the 17th but I was only able to preorder two copies and decided to give those to my sons. I can wait three days to play it.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.

TheLegendOfLaser

I'm surprised the game has leaked, though the game looks good. (Also, how do you create spoiler tags?)

Edited on by TheLegendOfLaser

"Squirtle!" - Squirtle
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, and Paladins.

Bolt_Strike

BLP_Software wrote:

@Bolt_Strike So Emerald and Platinum as we were told it would be then.

Why are you surprised.

"An alternate story to Sun and Moon" is in line with Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum.

If they said "A story chronologically after the events of Sun/Moon" then we bring out BW2 as the yard stick.

I'm not surprised, but these games were ambiguous about whether or not it was really typical third version material or something greater. The game sure looked like it was a typical third version but we did see glimmers of hope from things such as new Pokemon, Ultra Space, and Game Freak's comments on the game being a major expansion. Sadly though, this game fell near the lower extreme on the spectrum of possibilities and it turns out Game Freak was flat out lying about the amount of content in this game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

Same, though I'll be waiting longer than you. XD Most of my entertainment money is going towards a new laptop, so for now Ultra Sun is sitting on my Christmas list.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

IceClimbers

Seems to suggest that Pokemon Gen 8 might not be until 2019.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Araquanid

Went through all of the leaks (holy everything getting defog as a tutor move, stealth rocks will be so easy to manage)

Adhesive evolves into Naganadel, a poison/dragon that literally looks like a purple mega beedrill. It evolves when leveled up with dragon pulse I think. You obtain Adhesive as an in-game gift and its non-breedable.

TBH Naganadel might make me pick up ultra sun and moon, just because I like beedrill and a special attacking poison/dragon one sounds really fun to use.

The renamon one is Zeraora, its a mythical event pokemon. Electric with the ability Electric fist (normal attacks become electric)

Overall its... eh, a joy ride but once the ride is over its still back to old sun and moon problems.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Also:

Hau replaces Kukui at the end of the Pokemon League. You're still the first champion though.

@BLP_Software

Yeesh, Ultra Necrozma is more powerful than Mega Rayquaza. Hopefully those DP remakes in Gen 8 have Arceus retake the throne (only for the fully realized original dragon fusion between Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem to surpass it )

IceClimbers

Okay, listened to the new music tracks.

The team leaders do get remixes, which I didn't expect Game Freak to actually do. Also, GIOVANNI GETS HIS OWN TRACK/THEME!

Tyranexx

...I might start abstaining from this thread early, it's starting to become a minefield of spoiler text. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Pokefanmum82

@Bolt_Strike they said it was twice the length of sun and moon. and said it was just an alternate story. Nothing about it being on par with B2/W2. why can't people just enjoy these games for what they are, the last mainline game on the 3DS. The Switch game will probably be the one these should have been to most people (not me or my kids).

Finished the Alola Dex.

Araquanid

For those interested, here's all the new models (pokemon) and their animations in-game:

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Kommo-o gets Close Combat and Drain Punch now. Much better.

Eel

They could make a single NPC repeat the words "This is content" 5000 times in a row and that would also add to the script.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bolt_Strike

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike they said it was twice the length of sun and moon. and said it was just an alternate story. Nothing about it being on par with B2/W2. why can't people just enjoy these games for what they are, the last mainline game on the 3DS. The Switch game will probably be the one these should have been to most people (not me or my kids).

They also said that it would have bigger changes than Emerald and Platinum and it really doesn't. Nothing this game is doing really breaks from the Emerald/Platinum mold.

Also, even if they didn't say it wasn't on par with BW2 that still wouldn't stop this game from being compared to it. The fact of the matter is that every mid gen game is going to be compared to BW2, especially when it was such a dramatic step forward for the series, everything that falls short of it looks lazy and obsolete at this point. This is Game Freak's policy of gameplay inconsistency for the sake of "surprising" people to a ridiculous extreme to the point where they're throwing away things that radically improve on the gameplay and they can't seem to see what kind of impact that has on expectations. This is a technology based product, it's supposed to improve with each successive entry and make the previous game feel obsolete because that's what the hardware it runs on does. So it should surprise no one that if they do something big one game and throw it away the next, people are going to be upset and not buy the game. You'd think this would be common sense.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Pokefanmum82

I don’t why you think that. Pokémon has never made big improvements to the third versions of any of the gens with the exception of B/W. And yet people still bought those third versions. If you keep setting your sights too high when it comes to this series or anything else you are bound to be disappointed. I don’t see anyone giving Call of Duty or any other game with yearly releases as hard of a time as they do Pokémon, when they don’t change their formula in any big way either. They just take those games for what they are, a fun time.

Finished the Alola Dex.

Eel

Interestingly, I distinctively remember BW2 being treated like a huge step down from BW and basically the worst games in the series just a year or two ago.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.