Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 561 to 580 of 980

Grumblevolcano

Given how much time travel is being used nowadays in Pokemon games, you may as well have the next Pokemon Switch game be Pokemon Warriors.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano I know that you're probably not being serious but that could work really well! They would just need to pick fan favourite trainers and their most iconic pokemon as a "weapon". Then they could have famous areas from different regions as stages, maybe add colosseum/XD/Ranger DLC packs later.
...not sure if it would be too violent though

I'm just having images of Cynthia fighting hordes of Chinglings and Gibles with her Garchomp on a Mount Coronet stage...my mind is going to be busy making up levels now

Kimyonaakuma

Tyranexx

I'm not sure if I'm fully for the idea of Rainbow Rocket. Team Rocket returning in itself is fine, but the only way some of those leaders would join such a team is if they're alternate universe versions of themselves. I'm hoping plot details there are handled well.

That also includes the Ultra Wormholes. I've always liked the alternate Pokemon universe idea and loved the concept in both Platinum and Sun. However, I'm slightly concerned that the plot may be a little too bonkers (I don't mind it being a little crazy) and have more holes than a termite-infested Trevenant.

...Then again, this is Pokemon we're talking about.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haruki_NLI

My only complaint about Team Rainbow Rocket (Hate that name, well that's two complaints) is...well....the other team leaders.

They are LEADERS. And this in many ways goes against their characters.

Like Cyrus. He laughed off and openly admitted to manipulating people who were subservient as idiots to achieve his goals of a new world for him and him alone. So he wins and what does he do? Work under Giovanni.

Ghetsis? Dude takes orders from absolutely no one and is a master manipulator and very fond of long drawn out plans. He wins, kills off N, and the world releases their Pokémon leaving him as a dictator. Absolute rule. And he goes and works for Giovanni.

Lysandre. Wants the world to be reset for the chosen, because fighting over resources has become a problem and he sees the futility in it. He does this, wipes out all but Team Flare and resets the world. And then goes to work under Giovanni.

It doesn't really...suit them as characters, unless someone wants to pull a power struggle plot line, these guys are here "Just to be there".

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Eel

They come from places they ruined. Like literally 4 of them destroyed their home regions, 2 maybe even their entire planets.

I can see some of them becoming a bit more docile after that, and wanting a guide.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

@DarthNocturnal They take over the Aether Foundation for a base. Reused areas woo.

And I guess working for, not with. Then again, who knows.

And fun fact, Giovanni himself doesn't actually have a unique battle theme. Never has. In Kanto he used either the Gym Leader theme (As a Gym Leader) or the Trainer theme (As a Rocket member). In Johto Team Rocket GRUNTS got a theme but Executives didn't, until the remakes when they and Giovanni share the Rocket Grunt theme.

In fact, that's the music in the trailer - Vs Team Rocket Grunt.

Arminillo

TheTetrisGuy wrote:

This trailer had made me think of one thing: how happy it would make me if all the trainers from all the different generations come for some kind of final battle. Unlikely, but it would be really cool to see.

Gen 2-7 trainers fighting rainbow rocket and are losing, despair on their faces against the might of Mega Mewtwo, suddenly a crack of lightning strikes, here comes Red w/ Pikachu like a bad ass.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

IceClimbers

One of the shots in the Japanese trailer shows Ghetsis saying something with Lillie on the ground behind him. Both of them have familial issues, so that's interesting.

Another shot shows Archie and Maxie walking away from you and Guzma, who apparently teams up with you.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TheTetrisGuy

@Arminillo That sounds like a fan fiction, and I love it.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Pokefanmum82

well we are supposed to be getting more info on the 10th. maybe they will delve into it then. or maybe they want to leave some mystery so people will actually buy the games. I'm actually glad they aren't ruining the whole game. I just wonder if they are going to announce some new Alola forms next week. I'm still not sure which version I want. I'm going to preload one of them, just not sure which one yet.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Is it known to really be “working for“, or “working with“? I mean, granted, Giovanni clearly got top billing with the name....

Good point. I think "with" is more plausible than "for". As mentioned, I'm sure some of the team leaders don't like taking orders. But then again, if we figure in multiple alternate realities where events, ideas, situations, etc. panned out differently....

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

I'm actually glad they aren't ruining the whole game. I just wonder if they are going to announce some new Alola forms next week. I'm still not sure which version I want. I'm going to preload one of them, just not sure which one yet.

I can get behind this. I feel that they might have revealed a little too much with Sun/Moon, and while I have enough to want Ultra Sun/Moon at some point by now, I know some people wanted more info sooner.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

magnumc500

I have to ask you guys, is there any thread or place that goes over what you should do in regular Pokémon Sun before tackling Pokémon Ultra Sun? Like hidden items, Pokémon or other stuff.

magnumc500

Switch Friend Code: SW-6617-2568-6974 | 3DS Friend Code: 0576-7126-5273 | Nintendo Network ID: magnumc500

Kimyonaakuma

@magnumc500 Ultra Sun is just an alternate story with some extras.
I don't think you have to do anything in the original before you start the next one.

...or I've just completely misunderstood your question

Kimyonaakuma

magnumc500

@Kimyonaakuma Like what tasks or things I should get from it before starting the new one. Like obviously any legendaries from the game and back up in Pokebank. Is there anything else? Maybe the Zygarde cells too.

magnumc500

Switch Friend Code: SW-6617-2568-6974 | 3DS Friend Code: 0576-7126-5273 | Nintendo Network ID: magnumc500

Kimyonaakuma

@magnumc500 I'd say probably just your version's legendary and Zygarde.
You can probably catch the Tapu pokemon in the new version, not sure about Necrozma though. You must be able to catch it in Ultra Sun and Moon but it might not look the same if it's fused with Solgaleo or Lunala...

Mega Stones and Z Crystals will probably be available in both but I'm not sure if they will transfer.

Apart from that I would make sure that you have finished all of the story so that you can appreciate the new one

Kimyonaakuma

IceClimbers

@Kimyonaakuma Those forms aren't going to be version exclusive. The form change probably works similarly to Kyurem's form change.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

Datamine leaks are out. READ THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK THERE ARE SPOILERS FOR THE ENTIRE GAME.

https://projectpokemon.org/index/news/ultra-sun-and-ultra-moo...

Game seems to be Emerald/Platinum level stuff as expected. How disappointing. There's an evolution of Adhesive and an Electric type mythical but that's it on the new Pokemon front and there's no new Alola forms whatsoever. New areas are pretty limited, there's no new islands and only about 2 or 3 new areas outside of what we've been shown. Meanwhile, the storyline seems to be about the same with a few additions to the ending (although I didn't entirely read the script, I just skimmed it). This game is such a tremendous step back from BW2.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haruki_NLI

@Bolt_Strike So Emerald and Platinum as we were told it would be then.

Why are you surprised.

"An alternate story to Sun and Moon" is in line with Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum.

If they said "A story chronologically after the events of Sun/Moon" then we bring out BW2 as the yard stick.

Octane

Ultra Necrozma is ugly...

The cat is like Heatran I presume? A standalone legendary, without much of a backstory.

No new Alolan forms are disappointing.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Dusk Mane Necrozma

Well..I knew that image you got if you combined the box art was Necrozma. Seems a bit OP though. It surpasses Arceus man.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.