Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 541 to 560 of 980

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

The possibilities are as endless as the universes.

Crazily enough I learned this in Bravely Default. Must be a JRPG thing.

While Team Rocket and Team Skull fill a similar niche, I think that the former is more of the "organized crime/mob" type. Team Skull occupies the "mizundastood gangsta" type.

Also, has it even been confirmed that the new Ultra Recon Squad is even evil? It seems to me like they're just trying to track down Necrozma (going by trailers). As for the Aether Foundation, I wouldn't call some parts of the organization evil.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

If they have a team name, matching outfits, look shady, and battle you at any point they already fill all the requirements.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Anime rules say that if the characters appear to be evil than they 9 times out of 10 they are. Either that or they're just a red herring for the real evil which will somehow be related to them anyways.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx wrote:

Also, has it even been confirmed that the new Ultra Recon Squad is even evil? It seems to me like they're just trying to track down Necrozma (going by trailers). As for the Aether Foundation, I wouldn't call some parts of the organization evil.

"Evil" is probably the wrong way to look at it since they seem to be setting up for a "there's no true villain" storyline with pretty much every faction in this game being misunderstood/doing bad things for good reasons. But as far as them being antagonists? I think they might be until a certain point in the game. It does look like they're causing problems throughout the region and you do battle them frequently throughout the game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

Bolt_Strike wrote:

"Evil" is probably the wrong way to look at it since they seem to be setting up for a "there's no true villain" storyline with pretty much every faction in this game being misunderstood/doing bad things for good reasons. But as far as them being antagonists? I think they might be until a certain point in the game. It does look like they're causing problems throughout the region and you do battle them frequently throughout the game.

Possibly. With how US/UM's story looks to be shaping up, it seems like it'll either be delightfully bonkers or horribly convoluted. I'm really hoping for the former.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Pokefanmum82

rainbow rocket is a thing and you are able to battle all the evil team leaders throughout the whole Pokemon main series. we can also get totem stickers that give us the Totem sized Pokemon. Also can catch all of the legendaries from all of the main series too. Plus we also get a battle facility that's like Battle Frontier where you can rent Pokes, it's called Battle Agency. Also looks like mega evolution is back in the game and island scan is back too.

okay i definitely can't wait for these games.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Grumblevolcano

This definitely feels like the last 3DS Pokemon game as in the next Pokemon game being Switch exclusive. Game Freak ending 3DS support on a very strong note.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pokefanmum82

according to serebii.net that is the case: " Some require special things such as Giratina needing both Dialga and Palkia to appear. Suicune (with Raikou and Entei present) , Rayquaza (with Groudon and Kyogre present), Kyurem (with Reshiram and Zekrom present), Landorus (with Tornadus and Thundurus present). Some Legendary are exclusive: Ultra Sun - Ho-Oh, Raikou, Groudon, Latios, Dialga, Heatran, Reshiram, Tornadus, Xerneas. | Ultra Moon - Lugia, Entei, Kyogre, Latias, Palkia, Regigigas, Zekrom, Thundurus, Yveltal."

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Haruki_NLI

So that leak was true. New Alolan Forms then.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Well yeah, but its something right?

Interesting that Maxie and Archie use their original designs.

Eel

Alternate dimensions.

I'm personally glad they didn't go the easy route of reusing their oras models. And it's nice to see their original designs in 3D.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haruki_NLI

Also seen Cyrus has his Platinum team (Houndoom) and Ghetsis of course has Hydreigon.

And Giovanni has Mewtwo. Oh, and they were in the mid 60s in terms of levels.

I hope the people who say this easy and important trainers need full teams of 6 get what they want as a Mewtwo steamrolls them after dealing with 4 other Pokémon

Eel

Geovanni having Mewtwo is definitely an anime fanservice thing. In the games Team Rocket had nothing to do with Mewtwo.

Bloop.

Kimyonaakuma

I think it's nice that the old villains and legendaries are coming back. It suits seeming as this will be the final entry on the console anyway.

...and if the new content is boring then maybe the old stuff will keep me interested:P

Kimyonaakuma

TheLegendOfLaser

I liked the new trailer, it definitely boosted my hype for this. I'm interested in seeing if the Totem Pokemon you can get are different only by appearance, or if they get something like better stats than usual. It is cool seeing all of these past villains in 3D, I also wouldn't mind seeing N. I hope the Battle Agency is as addicting as the Battle Frontier and renting Pokemon back then was. Being able to go through Ultra Wormholes and catching Legendaries is really cool to me. Also, it looks like new Pokemon will be featured in Island Scan this time. Seems like Island Scan will have first form Kanto starters for earlier islands, middle form Hoenn starters for the islands in mid-game, and final form Kalos starters for the islands you go on late in this main game. I enjoyed the new trailer.

"Squirtle!" - Squirtle
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, and Paladins.

TheTetrisGuy

This trailer had made me think of one thing: how happy it would make me if all the trainers from all the different generations come for some kind of final battle. Unlikely, but it would be really cool to see.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Kimyonaakuma

At first I thought the UB/Ultra Wormhole idea wasn't great, but if it is used to bring older trainers and places back then I'll be very happy!

I wonder if Colress, Cynthia and the others came through wormholes? Surely some of them would have been a lot older when they arrived in Alola in SM, all of the games don't seem to happen at the same time.

@TheTetrisGuy That would be awesome!
....unlikely but still a great idea

Kimyonaakuma

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.