Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 501 to 520 of 601

Tsurii

Ohhh, yes. I want that now. Would be hella badass and just imagine ALL. THE. SALT.
It'd be glorious

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Octane

Tsurii wrote:

Untitled

I wish owl-man was a bit more green in its actual design, like the one from this artwork. He looks better I think.

Octane

Tyranexx

Interesting poster. It makes me wonder how much info TPC has been holding back. I'm still not expecting US/UM to be Gen 7's BW2, but I think the naysayers are a bit too quick to judge on these.

@Tsurii: The sad thing is that I would probably fall for the Gen 4 bait if it was a thing. XD It's my second-favorite generation.

Video Corner: Welcome Back to Termina
Currently playing: Pokemon Sun (post-game), MP3: Corruption (MPT, Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Mimikyu92

I know it's been a while since I posted here. I created this account when Sun and Moon were announced. I'm excited for this game. An alternate story can mean so many things. Lillie could be the villain, heck, she could even be the champion for all we know. Also, maybe in this games universe, Alola has gyms instead of the island challenge. I've already preordered both games. I'm going to do a nuzlocke on one and a casual on the other. Plus, it's amazing that gold and silver will be available for download. I'm going to get those as well.

Mimikyu92

BlackTalon

Well i heard there would be pokemon available in Ultra SuMo that was not available in the first games. I guess they mean old pokemon, sort of like the 5th gen games i guess. Ill be getting Ultra Sun.

BlackTalon

Bolt_Strike

Mimikyu92 wrote:

I know it's been a while since I posted here. I created this account when Sun and Moon were announced. I'm excited for this game. An alternate story can mean so many things. Lillie could be the villain, heck, she could even be the champion for all we know. Also, maybe in this games universe, Alola has gyms instead of the island challenge. I've already preordered both games. I'm going to do a nuzlocke on one and a casual on the other. Plus, it's amazing that gold and silver will be available for download. I'm going to get those as well.

"Alternate story" is most likely a euphemism that it's pretty much the same game with a slightly different ending. We've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Pokefanmum82

I disagree but you're entitled to your opinion. There is at least new characters judging by that poster. Maybe they are studying the Ultra Wormhole and hopefully we might be able to explore it more in the new games. I wonder if Lillie will have any Kanto Pokémon on her team. Maybe she will be your new rival. That would be cool.

Want: Ultra Sun/Moon, Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby Star Allies, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and many others.
Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing Gold and SuperStar Saga.

Meowpheel

Lillie in Ultra: "Hey! I was looking forward to seeing you! My rival should be strong to keep me sharp! While working on my Pokédex, I looked all over for powerful Pokémon! Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type! And now! I am the Pokémon League Champion! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you! I am the most powerful trainer in Alola!"

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mimikyu92

@Bolt_Strike

True, but I could say the same thing to you. We haven't seen anything to suggest it'll be the same 😛

Mimikyu92

Meowpheel

Well, to be fair, we have seen at least one story sequence that looks unchanged.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Mimikyu92

@Meowpheel

😂 True but that's the very beginning of the game. I'm just being optimistic. Cause even with BW2 there was "alternate story". like I said, it could be extremely different from Sun and Moon. We can't assume how the game is until it's out, especially when a majority of people were wrong about sun and moon

Mimikyu92

Meowpheel

No, I mean the one where the player, Lusamine and Hau are in the Aether Paradise and Nihilego appears. From the short few seconds of it we saw, it looked very unchanged.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Pokefanmum82

That wasn't Nihilego. It was just the wormhole opening, doesn't mean it takes place at the same time nor it being Nihilego coming out of it like Sun & Moon.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Ultra Sun/Moon, Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby Star Allies, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and many others.
Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing Gold and SuperStar Saga.

Meowpheel

Not saying it would be the exact same or agreeing with Bolt, but the bit we saw was unchanged so he could have a bit of a point.

Of course, we also have seen a lot more little bits that did change.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Tsurii

Yeah, it's entirely possible they hid something (slightly) different with that cut to Necrozma. I'm assuming they changed that scene at least until I actually played the game myself or they straight up show it again.

So far there's very little that hasn't changed in some way, even if we didn't get all that much in the first place.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Mimikyu92

Either way, it's a Pokémon game. If you think about it, all Pokémon games are the same, regardless of title. I just don't understand why people get so salty about it. I mean, there's more things in the world to worry about than if there is similarities or not. I'm just excited about a new game. I'm not trying to start an argument. I hope everyone knows that lol

Mimikyu92

IceClimbers

So new info dropped. The painter chick has an actual trial now, the Alola Dex has been expanded and now has over 400 Pokemon, and there's now a feature called Mantine Surf that allows you to surf between the islands (as well as a minigame that should look familiar).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Meowpheel

Nice to see them at least finishing that one trial.

Now we know the trials are back though, so no gyms.

I'm worried about the expanded pokedex though. Alola is a small region and it's already packed with pokemon distributed in the most unnatural and obscure ways possible.

It'll end up like Kalos with 40 different pokemon in each patch of grass.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Marakuto

I suppose they could change that by possibly adding new areas that expand or add to nearby islands (doubt it since they showed the pre-release map, though it could be subject to change.) Still not sold on getting the game yet, unless I see any post-game content since I've been burned out on using battlespot now.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

Haru17

Okay, well that surfing Gummi Ship segment was the first thing I've seen from Ultra Sun and Moon that wasn't the obligatory, "this is a new game, new quests/characters/enemies/items/abilities." Surfing between islands was actually something that felt missing from Alola, and while it definitely won't be pick a direction and go (I imagine players will have to go to the ferry terminals to initiate the mini game) it's still interesting looking and one of the slim few new mechanics ever added to a Pokemon game.

IceClimbers wrote:

(minigame that should look familiar).

What do you mean? Was this in Sun and Moon in some capacity?

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic