Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 481 to 500 of 980

Aozz101x

ultra sun and ultra moon are the last 3ds entry (of main games anyways)
http://nintendoeverything.com/ultra-sun-and-pokemon-ultra-moo...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

TheTetrisGuy

I would be shocked if they weren't. I think it's safe to say that this goes for spin offs. Although we still need Detective Pikachu😃

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Pokefanmum82

It just says it’s the final main game on the 3DS, nothing about spinoffs. I will be definitely getting these games then.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Kimyonaakuma

I'm not surprised. They've finished a generation and I can't see the series improving technically on the 3DS because it's struggling enough.

Bring on generation 8 on Switch!

Kimyonaakuma

IceClimbers

You'd be surprised how many people were adamant that there would be DP remakes on 3DS next year.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tyranexx

IceClimbers wrote:

You'd be surprised how many people were adamant that there would be DP remakes on 3DS next year.

Personally I saw no point to this particular rumor since the originals can easily be played on the 3DS. I see it more likely that they'll show up on the Switch at this point.

I'm still interested in US/UM, but it'll be a bit before I buy a copy. The extra story elements intrigue me and I find the concept of Ultra Wormholes fascinating; the latter reminds me of the Distortion World in Platinum, by far my favorite addition to that game.

...I'll be honest and say that I don't understand some of the salt flowing in NL's US/UM articles lately though. While Sun/Gen 7 hasn't been my favorite, I'd say it's legions better than Gen 6, somewhat better than Gen 3, and almost on par with Gen 5.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TheTetrisGuy

@Tyranexx For me the original sun and moon were pretty good games in a amazing series, so it didn't stick with me as much as other games. So I can understand why people aren't to happy about this games existence, but I'm trying to look as it as a chance to iron out the flaws, such as the over abundance of tutorials.

I've been with this series for a good number of years, played all the games multiple times, and they still fell the need to teach me how to catch a Pokemon. 😂

Somebody's going to say "Well it could be somebody's first game in the series." I say how hard is it to make the tutorials optional?

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

BlackTalon

Aww man. The switch is too expensive. not to mention it cant play 3ds games. I was hoping for 4 more years of the 3ds.

BlackTalon

Bolt_Strike

Good riddance to the 3DS era, it's easily been the worst in Pokemon's history. Every game so far has had less content than it should've, they've all been extremely linear and not fun to explore (except ORAS which had to be less linear because it was a remake, but even then they didn't really do anything to make Hoenn worth exploring all over again), the games are too easy, they've been constantly phasing gameplay mechanics in and out to the point where the games feel like they're going nowhere. So long 3DS Pokemon games, I won't miss you. Unless the Switch games somehow turn out to be worse, but at that point the complaints will be so loud it'll be impossible for Game Freak to ignore.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haruki_NLI

Youtube comments seem to indicate people are upset and dont want to buy a new system to keep playing Pokemon.

Apparently these people also still havent caught on this has happened 5 times before.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@crimsontadpoles They're saying they aren't buying Pokémon anymore because they don't want to upgrade their system and its unforgiveable 3DS isn't getting more games as that's where the fans are.

Makes you wonder if they said the same thing after the GameBoy, GBA and DS doesn't it?

Bolt_Strike

BLP_Software wrote:

@crimsontadpoles They're saying they aren't buying Pokémon anymore because they don't want to upgrade their system and its unforgiveable 3DS isn't getting more games as that's where the fans are.

Makes you wonder if they said the same thing after the GameBoy, GBA and DS doesn't it?

They did for the DS actually. Not the first time they've complained about this. It's definitely ridiculous though. What do you expect, to play on outdated hardware forever?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haruki_NLI

@Bolt_Strike Its like...you upgrade everything to keep playing. Its not hard.

Two generations per system is the average, with the exceptions of GameBoy Colour (Crystal) and GBA (Gen 3) and 3DS had Gen 6 and Gen 7. Gen 8 is on Switch. This isn't a new concept. But no, people complain.

And come on, Sun and Moon are definitely pushing the 3DS to it's limit. It wont do the series any good to stop moving forward, it can and will surpass the visual and world quality of Sun and Moon, and then some (As the jump to Switch is freaking massive!) with no effort whatsoever.

And all these Pokémon only YouTubers wont need to pay out their rears to mod a 3DS to record. It works for everyone. We get even better games, and people actually save money.

-Green-

Hopefully the next mainline Pokemon game doesn't run awful like SM did.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@BLP_Software Seven generations of games and five generations of hardware, that's less than two generations per system, so they should consider themselves lucky! It's a bit silly to complain about, what else did you expect? The 3DS is on its way out.

These are probably the same people that had no problem buying Sun & Moon four times over, whereas any modern game would offer the new content as DLC.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Well the GameBoy had Gen 1 and most of Gen 2. DS had Gen 4 and 5, and 3DS had Gen 6 and 7. I don't know what they want, Its obvious the 3DS cant do more than Ultra Sun and Moon, and honestly, I think that's a great time to move on.

When you see a system being pushed as much as possible, you know you've done all you can. And that's a good thing. No wasted potential in the hardware, knowing you've put the best game you can out. Plus, it's 6 years old. Having system maximising games, and 6 years of a great library, is amazing for a system and frankly above average.

Tyranexx

@TheTetrisGuy: That's precisely how I'm looking at US/UM: a way to improve on the formula of the original two games. For all of the great new things that Sun/Moon brought to the table, there were a few missteps. You've mentioned the biggest one by far, the railroading and tutorials at the beginning. While I understand the need to instruct newer players, kid me had little trouble learning the ropes of the Pokemon universe with the Gen 1/2 games (I started with Gen 2 first). I don't see why there can't be a Veteran mode like what Black/White 2 offered.

Some of the complaints I've seen floating around:
1. Too much story/boring story/Pokemon games aren't for story purposes - Personally, I like the story elements. Other than forced tutorial sections that I feel broke the immersion a bit and a few unresolved plot holes that I hope are addressed in US/UM, I enjoyed Sun's narrative. Gen 7 isn't my favorite story in the series (that honor goes to Gen 5), but I feel that it's one of the better ones. I feel that this is especially true when compared to Gen 6.

2. Railroading/tutorials - Mentioned above. These shouldn't be forced.

3. Pokeride - Personally, I liked this element. I didn't have to rely on HM slaves or slapping a couple of unwanted moves onto my main story team just for the convenience. If they would just re-implement Soaring into this somehow, I couldn't be any happier. Also, who DOESN'T like charging around everywhere on Tauros?

4. Trials - While I still prefer gyms, I liked how they tried to change up the series this way. I found the writing for some of these (not all of them) entertaining, and overall I just like how different it felt.

5. SOS Battles - I have mixed feelings on these. While I like the added difficulty, this can make catching some Pokemon that you really want (I'm seriously just considering using the GTS for Gabite at this point) a major pain. I do prefer these to Horde battles, though. It has been mentioned that they will fix some Pokemon encounter rates in relation to SOS Battles.

@Bolt_Strike: Maybe they're Windows XP users as well?

BLP_Software wrote:

When you see a system being pushed as much as possible, you know you've done all you can. And that's a good thing. No wasted potential in the hardware, knowing you've put the best game you can out. Plus, it's 6 years old. Having system maximising games, and 6 years of a great library, is amazing for a system and frankly above average.

Precisely. With how technology is moving in this day and age, I'd say the 3DS has had a good run and deserves retirement. I don't think it should be dropped like cold turkey (which would cater to the insane wishes of the other side of the same coin of complaints), but it makes sense to slowly trim down IPs like Pokemon, Zelda, etc. to nothing over time.

Since I'm still using an original 3DS, it's easy for me to see that the time has come. Every time I close Pokemon Sun, the system has to initiate a soft reboot to go back to the home screen just to free up memory. I know this could be remedied with the N3DS (which I was planning to upgrade to soon-ish, but alas, the new laptop next month comes first), but that iteration will go legacy before long as well.

Edit: Random yet somewhat related, the Boldore that I received for trading another Boldore (for Gigalith) was named Rickrolla. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Araquanid

I'm still curious what exactly the tutorials are, i didn't experience any thing "tutorialy" besides learning the game's basic mechanics behind catching pokemon (which a new player would definitely need to learn) and even that is a short experience. The other tutorial like stuff was mostly story progression while helping you slightly with some tips. To me it only gets annoying for those who do nuzlockes and re-runs but its not like the games were designed that way anyway.

Believe me, the game could give you tutorials on abilities, all the type matchups, how to use items, how to breed, etc, which thankfully, it doesn't do any of that.

I don't know why we're concentrated on people complaining about "moving to the switch". They're probably 14 on youtube just spamming "oh noes, i can't afford a switch for the new games this sucks!" only to get one for christmas anyway. I'm personally not getting a switch anytime soon but a new pokemon game that I can actually record on the switch might spike my interest back into the franchise and especially the games would appeal a ton if they held the same graphical design as battle revolution (the models could be as good as pokken too, just personally I didn't like the backgrounds that much, they were very poor quality in the wii u version for what I'd expect.). It would make me buy a switch if anything, switch has good games, just never felt the need to spend 300 dollars on it immidiately.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.