Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 461 to 480 of 980

-Green-
New poster for the game for the game too. It looks nice.

The kid looks a tad tall for a 10 or so old, but that might just be because of the angle.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

It'll be interesting to see just how expansive this ultra place is. If there's a city, maybe there's more than one?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mimikyu92

I’m intrigued about the suit people. Are they the new villains? Or did the aether foundation get a design upgrade?

Mimikyu92

Eel

They are the ultra recon squad and they will most definitely be a bit antagonistic, judging by their battle poses and their apparent ties to aether.

They apparently are humans living in a dimension where Necrozma already stole all the light. So they may be plotting a way to get it back.

You can't have too many villain groups in one game, I guess

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BlackTalon

I hope we get new alolan forms, like ground/normal noctowl with the ability levitate, or a water/grass carnivine with the ability water bubble.

BlackTalon

Bolt_Strike

BlackTalon wrote:

I hope we get new alolan forms, like ground/normal noctowl with the ability levitate, or a water/grass carnivine with the ability water bubble.

I think if we were getting new Alola forms, they've have revealed them by now. It's a tad late for them to suddenly confirm new Alola forms when they're a good way to fill news gaps throughout pre-release (don't want to reveal anything else for this month? Show a new Alola form). So it's a bit late to reveal Alola forms. Instead, they seem to be focusing more on Z-Moves and new UBs.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

VoltageX

I really wanted johto alolan forms for this game, and it seemed to suit so perfectly with the release of gold and silver. you know, just like they did with the release of red and blue next to sun and moon.
But more than this, I just want this game to be less hand holding. seriously, let us explore without leading us route after route with so much dialoge. its tiring

VoltageX

Rensch

I like how there are several completely new Pokémon species in this game. That's something you normally only see in the very first entries of a generation. I'm really excited that you can now find Ultra Beasts on their own homeworlds by travelling through the wormhole. Those alien worlds look really cool. I also like the design of that new Poison-type Pokémon. I do hope they add some more of those Alolan Forms of classic Pokémon as well. I thought that was one of the coolest features in the first Sun and Moon. Seeing how these later entries in a generation usually add new forms of familiar Pokémon (like Lycanrock right now), it would be a great opportunity to do some more Alolan Forms, And I wanna see more of those Mega Evolutions. I thought that was a neat feature in the sixth generation which they pretty much ignored in Sun and Moon. We didn't get any additional Mega Evolutions, even though there are plenty of Pokémon that would greatly benefit from it.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Pokefanmum82

According to Serebii the legendaries Lunala and Solgaleo are getting Z Moves that even the Necrozma forms can use, they are called Sunshine Smasher and Moonlight Blaster. Also Dusk Mane Necrozma gets a move called Photon Geyser and both forms of Necrozma have got the ability Prism Armor....also Rotom can power up your Z Moves if you have good compatibility with it, which in turn can let you use more than one Z move. Also you can interact with him more, like he will ask you a question and you can answer him. Plus he has a feature called Rotopon which can help you get items.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

TheTetrisGuy

Just now jumping into this thread. The thing I want the most is a better post game. I logged about 35 hours, almost a year after release, into Moon. For reference about a year after Oras came out I had over 100 hours logged in. I thought the delta episode was pretty cool, and I loved secret bases and there were cool little things to keep me coming back. On the sun and moon side, I played about 4 or 5 hours after becoming champion. The battle tree just didn't do it for me.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Araquanid

The best thing about US UM so far that was announced, is that your Rotom Dex basically brings back O-powers (such as one for hatching.)

Still probably skipping these games unless multiplayer is smoother again.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

TheTetrisGuy

If O powers equal faster breeding, that means easier/faster shinnies... Ok, this is the best change so far

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

BlackTalon

Wow, these new games are reportedly twice as long as the originals. This is going to be fun.

BlackTalon

shaneoh

BlackTalon wrote:

Wow, these new games are reportedly twice as long as the originals. This is going to be fun.

The script is twice as long... this is going to be terrible, it takes an hour to get to the first pokemon centre in S&M. Longer to get through the trainer school and all the other unnecessary hand holding. I dread how a longer script is going to affect these games.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Octane

That was the worst part in Black and White, you couldn't enter a city or route without being interrupted with phone calls, or any of your ''friends'', whom I did not care about. Sun and Moon was even worse from what I've seen.

Octane

Pokefanmum82

But that could mean that the post game is longer....doesn’t necessarily mean that the main story is longer. Still getting this because I like what they have added so far to the game. I don’t really care that the script is twice as long. It could really mean that there’s more to the post game, than what there was in Sun & Moon.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Black and White did it better than XY where everything was dictated by your FOUR friends, 3 of which arent relevant

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@BLP_Software I haven't played X&Y, at least, not the main game. The last games I've properly played were Diamond and Pearl. I tried Black and White, but I didn't like the story and all the talking, so I quit. I can only assume it went downhill from there.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Black and White has a story focus but isnt that overbearing. BW2 tones that down outside of key scenes (Obviously). XY for all the yapping it does barely brings up the main plot and has too many characters to develop. Like...4 friends...no character for any or development and the game mentions things in one line you can miss that becomes plot important later, like that damn offhand "I got a puzzle solving box" that is mentioned once offhand before its relevant.

Sun and Moon has less cbaracters, so they are developed properly, but its a lot of talking.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Eel

A twice the script doesn't mean twice the story in an RPG.

For all we know there's just 3000 new one-line NPCs.

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.