Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 421 to 440 of 980

Mimikyu92

@Meowpheel

😂 True but that's the very beginning of the game. I'm just being optimistic. Cause even with BW2 there was "alternate story". like I said, it could be extremely different from Sun and Moon. We can't assume how the game is until it's out, especially when a majority of people were wrong about sun and moon

Mimikyu92

Eel

No, I mean the one where the player, Lusamine and Hau are in the Aether Paradise and Nihilego appears. From the short few seconds of it we saw, it looked very unchanged.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pokefanmum82

That wasn't Nihilego. It was just the wormhole opening, doesn't mean it takes place at the same time nor it being Nihilego coming out of it like Sun & Moon.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Eel

Not saying it would be the exact same or agreeing with Bolt, but the bit we saw was unchanged so he could have a bit of a point.

Of course, we also have seen a lot more little bits that did change.

Bloop.

Mimikyu92

Either way, it's a Pokémon game. If you think about it, all Pokémon games are the same, regardless of title. I just don't understand why people get so salty about it. I mean, there's more things in the world to worry about than if there is similarities or not. I'm just excited about a new game. I'm not trying to start an argument. I hope everyone knows that lol

Mimikyu92

IceClimbers

So new info dropped. The painter chick has an actual trial now, the Alola Dex has been expanded and now has over 400 Pokemon, and there's now a feature called Mantine Surf that allows you to surf between the islands (as well as a minigame that should look familiar).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Eel

Nice to see them at least finishing that one trial.

Now we know the trials are back though, so no gyms.

I'm worried about the expanded pokedex though. Alola is a small region and it's already packed with pokemon distributed in the most unnatural and obscure ways possible.

It'll end up like Kalos with 40 different pokemon in each patch of grass.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Marakuto

I suppose they could change that by possibly adding new areas that expand or add to nearby islands (doubt it since they showed the pre-release map, though it could be subject to change.) Still not sold on getting the game yet, unless I see any post-game content since I've been burned out on using battlespot now.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

Haru17

Okay, well that surfing Gummi Ship segment was the first thing I've seen from Ultra Sun and Moon that wasn't the obligatory, "this is a new game, new quests/characters/enemies/items/abilities." Surfing between islands was actually something that felt missing from Alola, and while it definitely won't be pick a direction and go (I imagine players will have to go to the ferry terminals to initiate the mini game) it's still interesting looking and one of the slim few new mechanics ever added to a Pokemon game.

IceClimbers wrote:

(minigame that should look familiar).

What do you mean? Was this in Sun and Moon in some capacity?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haruki_NLI

Poke Ride always reminded me of Pokemon Ranger but Mantine all I think of now is Ranger Guardian Signs

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

@Haru17 The minigame looked like the Surfing Pikachu one in Yellow.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haru17

@Octane Yes that Gummi Ship. It is the reference du jour for minigames to travel between areas, no?

@IceClimber Oh, well that's okay. I thought you were saying they were reusing mechanics from one of the Wiiware Pokemon games or something.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 I don't know. It made me think of Gummy bears and Mantine's silly face. I don't know what I was thinking...

Octane

Mimikyu92

Well, that was interesting! I'm more hyped than ever for these games! It'll make for interesting nuzlocke runs!

Mimikyu92

Bran0503aguero

My opinion is Why did not they take a sequel to Pokemon Sun and Moon? Why did they get an alternative story? Why not take advantage of the nintendo switch's ability to make new traditional pokemon games? Will there ever be a sequel to switch? I also have the doubt that I was told that there will be a new pokemon game for switch related or interacting with pokemon go. I feel like it's not the best option for Game Freak. Why not a normal game of pokemon like any other but with new surprises for example the possibility of going from one region to another. Pokemon go is no longer the fashion since almost nobody plays it is not the best option of game freak to get sales I hope for the 2018 there are new surprises of pokemon from part of Game Freak

Bran0503aguero

Pokefanmum82

Pokémon was announced before E3 that it was coming to the Switch sometime next year. But I would prefer to play Pokémon on my 3DS.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Bolt_Strike

Putting this on the Switch would've been a horrible idea and I'm glad they didn't go through with that, but there's really no excuse for going back to third versions. Sequels just offer so much more value than third versions and provide a much needed shake up to a convention that the fanbase has always sort of hated that it's baffling how they aren't the new standard for this series.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

BlackTalon

Aside from sequels, something like OrAs would be cool too, gen 4 remakes, but with plenty of gen 7 pokemon in uNova.

BlackTalon

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.