Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 401 to 420 of 980

Namco

Are the Ultra games essentially the Black 2 & White 2 though? I don't think so. Yes, we have a serious lack of information, but there are plenty of hints already that would argue otherwise.

We know the story of Black 2 & White 2 and the plot hold up to its standard. All we know about the story in Sun and Moon Ultra is that Necrozma will be involved, together with Lunala and Solgaleo. There isn't even a new legendary on the cover, just new fusion versions. Everything we've seen so far is either unexciting or revamped.

Pokémon has been known for not being very innovative, it always make me think twice about buying yet another Pokémon mainline game. This game looks like a prime example. Easy cash, Gamefreak doesn't have to bother if fans keep buying their games ''even though they know nothing.''

But hey, they showed us dusk form Lycanroc. That should be convincing enough!

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Eel

The legendary in the cover is a different one from the previous games. It just happens to look almost identical.

Anyway, yeah I'm in the "we don't know anything" group. I'll hope the games will be amazing and stay at that until I can know the contrary.

Also, regardless of how new they will be, I'll still enjoy having a new SM game to to trade with.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pho

I for one am looking forward to these games, I love Sun and Moon and felt they were the best Pokemon games I've played in a long time.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Octane

@Bolt_Strike 5 million is still a lot though. I'm just wondering how the industry would react if other franchises were rehashed like Pokemon. ''Here's Ultra Uncharted 4! It comes with a new level and 2 minutes of extra cut-scenes...'' Now I know they've been doing this since the beginning, but I think that if you're going to release two sequels, they better have some substantial new content.

Anyway, Rockruff can only evolve into Dusk Form when it has the Own Tempo ability, which is neither part of its normal abilities, nor its hidden ability. So it's more like Ash-Greninja. A special Rockruff, with a special ability and an exclusive evolution.

Octane

IceClimbers

Lycanroc is also getting a signature Z- Move.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

Finally something significant and game changing was shown off. Wasn't sure if we ever would see something legitimately exciting from this game. New UBs is actually a pretty big deal because it's the first time completely new species of Pokemon have been introduced mid gen. If this is really a Gen 7.5 scenario and we're getting a large batch of new Pokemon this game that actually would turn this game's impression around pretty quickly. Although I doubt they're going that far (we probably won't see something along the lines of that until at least 8th gen), probably just a few new UBs and maybe another event Pokemon (gotta have something to fill the gap in between this game and the 8th gen games).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

I like UB Assembly, but UB Burst...meh.

The new parts of the game are intriguing, but these games are starting to look more like enhanced mid-Gen games. I'm fine with that, but we were clearly spoiled by Black/White 2.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Araquanid

New UBs were a surprise.

Granted they're probably more poorly designed then all of our current ones.

But they earned a "you tried" sticker at least. Assembly makes me wonder if they took inspiration from Botw's guardians.

The fact that they're setting the standard for new pokemon getting added mid gen does spike a lot of interest. If there is enough new Alolan forms and pokemon (I expect at least a few more Ultra Beast and a mythical) then these could be the best sequels to previous games yet. Only thing else it really needs, is to reshape the story (looks like it, game even starts out differently) and to add more meaningful things to do (like frontier rather then maison copied battle tree).. the pikachu park not being one of those things.

New megas I'd like to see them keep up with every gen. I don't like the idea of making megas only for one generation and then neglecting them when the concept can help out a lot of pokemon outshined by the current megas and other stuff.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

BlackTalon

@xPH03N1Xx86 In some ways, like graphics and no hms, yeah ,Su Mo is the best, but when it comes to others, like online system, player personalization, and even the pokemon available in the wild, it is not very good.

Guess i was spoiled by the Gen 6 OrAs games.

I never liked the concept of megas, they are way too OP, that was the only part of Gen 6 i didn't like( well that, and the introduction of the fairy type). Yeah it helped out a few pokemon, but it only made things worse for the rest.

Too be honest, i wish they would get rid of all the megas, especially now that we have Z moves.

And instead of new ultra beasts, id prefer new alola forms instead. I never liked the ultra beasts either, i traded all of mine away. All the resources used to make ultras and megas could have been better used either making new gen 7 pokemon or making new alolan forms.

Edited on by BlackTalon

BlackTalon

Eel

Those are definitely some new npcs up there.

Still, too bad no other main character seems to have even a slight redesign.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

They do look a bit galacty. Who knows.

How funny would it be if instead of a gen 4 remake we got a gen 4 sequel + gen 7 third edition combo mutant thingy.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Octane

Tsurii wrote:

Untitled

I wish owl-man was a bit more green in its actual design, like the one from this artwork. He looks better I think.

Octane

Tyranexx

Interesting poster. It makes me wonder how much info TPC has been holding back. I'm still not expecting US/UM to be Gen 7's BW2, but I think the naysayers are a bit too quick to judge on these.

@Tsurii: The sad thing is that I would probably fall for the Gen 4 bait if it was a thing. XD It's my second-favorite generation.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Mimikyu92

I know it's been a while since I posted here. I created this account when Sun and Moon were announced. I'm excited for this game. An alternate story can mean so many things. Lillie could be the villain, heck, she could even be the champion for all we know. Also, maybe in this games universe, Alola has gyms instead of the island challenge. I've already preordered both games. I'm going to do a nuzlocke on one and a casual on the other. Plus, it's amazing that gold and silver will be available for download. I'm going to get those as well.

Mimikyu92

BlackTalon

Well i heard there would be pokemon available in Ultra SuMo that was not available in the first games. I guess they mean old pokemon, sort of like the 5th gen games i guess. Ill be getting Ultra Sun.

BlackTalon

Bolt_Strike

Mimikyu92 wrote:

I know it's been a while since I posted here. I created this account when Sun and Moon were announced. I'm excited for this game. An alternate story can mean so many things. Lillie could be the villain, heck, she could even be the champion for all we know. Also, maybe in this games universe, Alola has gyms instead of the island challenge. I've already preordered both games. I'm going to do a nuzlocke on one and a casual on the other. Plus, it's amazing that gold and silver will be available for download. I'm going to get those as well.

"Alternate story" is most likely a euphemism that it's pretty much the same game with a slightly different ending. We've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Pokefanmum82

I disagree but you're entitled to your opinion. There is at least new characters judging by that poster. Maybe they are studying the Ultra Wormhole and hopefully we might be able to explore it more in the new games. I wonder if Lillie will have any Kanto Pokémon on her team. Maybe she will be your new rival. That would be cool.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Eel

Lillie in Ultra: "Hey! I was looking forward to seeing you! My rival should be strong to keep me sharp! While working on my Pokédex, I looked all over for powerful Pokémon! Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type! And now! I am the Pokémon League Champion! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you! I am the most powerful trainer in Alola!"

Bloop.

Mimikyu92

@Bolt_Strike

True, but I could say the same thing to you. We haven't seen anything to suggest it'll be the same 😛

Mimikyu92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.