Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 401 to 420 of 529

Bolt_Strike

Haru17 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike I meant 'lousy with trailers' as in there are a lot of them, not that the trailers themselves are lousy.

Oh. Couldn't really tell you were using lousy in that context.

So yeah, I agree with you. This is usually the time that we get bombarded with news and it's been more of a slow trickle. Also not a good sign.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tsurii

Turns out Kartana is in that trailer from the other day. It's visible very briefly in the shot of that new forest area, sitting right at the end of the path.

Would be cool if this is its ultra space, Nihilego, being part rock type, was in a cave in Ultra Space so each UB (species) may have its own little pocket inside the place. What's throwing that off a little are the people who stand around there.

Pretty sneaky to choose Kartana for that kind of tease.

Edit: here's the Japanese version of the trailer. Apparently it's easier to notice in that one (didn't bother checking the other upload tho tbh), you can barely see something little move if you know it's there.

Also, the new champion theme is glorious.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

Tyranexx

If we can actually go into Ultra Space~, that will be a positive for me. The Distortion World sections were big highlights for me in Platinum.

~ Please note that I just started playing through Sun, so for all I know we can go into Ultra Space already.


Here's an interview that Game Informer had with Game Freak about the new photo mode.

Edited on by Tyranexx

My NL usage will be down a little from September 25-27. I'll be at a work conference.
Currently playing: Pokemon Sun, Earthbound Beginnings (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx wrote:

If we can actually go into Ultra Space~, that will be a positive for me. The Distortion World sections were big highlights for me in Platinum.

~ Please note that I just started playing through Sun, so for all I know we can go into Ultra Space already.

You can in SM, but just a small pathway and you can never go back after the main story. You're not even there as much as you are the Distortion World in Platinum.

Meh, still not excited. It may just be small snippets and not really anything to write home about region design wise. The only way this could really excite me is if you could visit the entire Ultra Space version of Alola a la ALttP/ALBW/Metroid Prime 2, I love those kinds of games. But I don't think that's what's happening, they'd probably need more than a year to create Ultra Space variants of the entire Alola region.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tsurii

Except Ultra Space isn't just an alternate universe type thing. It's its own dimension with its own rules, it's nothing like the examples you named.

Also..I'll take Ultra Space over a linear hallway with the single most tedious type of "puzzle" in the Pokémon series (Boulder pushing) any day of the week. It's not much but it doesn't overstay its welcome like the Distortion World once the novelty wore off. I'm outright dreading that part of Platinum on new playthroughs because it's boring as hell.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

DarthNocturnal

So.... what's all this about Kanto possibly being remade for 7th gen via US/UM, based on the ending of Sun & Moon? That'd certainly be B2/W2 tier stuff.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Bolt_Strike

Tsurii wrote:

Also..I'll take Ultra Space over a linear hallway with the single most tedious type of "puzzle" in the Pokémon series (Boulder pushing) any day of the week. It's not much but it doesn't overstay its welcome like the Distortion World once the novelty wore off. I'm outright dreading that part of Platinum on new playthroughs because it's boring as hell.

Why? Literally why? Boulder puzzles may be a bit on the tedious side but at least they actually justify spending time in a new area, unlike a 5 second walk towards the plot thing in SM.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tsurii

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

Also..I'll take Ultra Space over a linear hallway with the single most tedious type of "puzzle" in the Pokémon series (Boulder pushing) any day of the week. It's not much but it doesn't overstay its welcome like the Distortion World once the novelty wore off. I'm outright dreading that part of Platinum on new playthroughs because it's boring as hell.

Why? Literally why? Boulder puzzles may be a bit on the tedious side but at least they actually justify spending time in a new area, unlike a 5 second walk towards the plot thing in SM.

Because I don't enjoy doing the same exact, mind-numbingly boring crap three times in a row for no reason?

Again, Ultra Space wasn't exactly thrilling either but if I have the choice between the 30ish minute slog of hunting down Giratina and an admittedly short stay in an area without that arbitrary nonsense, I'll take the latter.

Go back to Platinum, actually replay that section and then try to (unironically) say you had fun or that it's a well designed area.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

Meowpheel

It does look like it though.

Not saying that it IS, but it's definitely meant to look similar.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Meowpheel Yeah but it's a bit silly to think they're keeping an entire region secret. Especially since this is only the interior of a building, and the characters are completely different. Most likely just a reference.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Tsurii wrote:

Because I don't enjoy doing the same exact, mind-numbingly boring crap three times in a row for no reason?

Again, Ultra Space wasn't exactly thrilling either but if I have the choice between the 30ish minute slog of hunting down Giratina and an admittedly short stay in an area without that arbitrary nonsense, I'll take the latter.

Go back to Platinum, actually replay that section and then try to (unironically) say you had fun or that it's a well designed area.

I had more fun with that than I did walking 10 ft. The Distortion World was at least engaging with all of the antigravity shenanigans and objects warping in and out. It wasn't just 30 minutes of boulder puzzles.

And I'm not saying this should be either. I just want it to be something substantial to make it worth a second trip through Alola, and having portal hopping like the three games I mentioned would be a great way to do that in the absence of new areas in Alola itself.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

Bolt_Strike wrote:

The Distortion World was at least engaging with all of the antigravity shenanigans and objects warping in and out. It wasn't just 30 minutes of boulder puzzles.

The lack of gravity/laws of nature that govern the normal world was part of the appeal of the Distortion World for me. I wouldn't say the design of it would win any awards, but it was still so delightfully bonkers that it sticks out in my mind as a high point.

Revisiting it post-game was a bit disappointing, however. Nothing too crazy happened in that stint of Giratina's dimension.

Edited on by Tyranexx

My NL usage will be down a little from September 25-27. I'll be at a work conference.
Currently playing: Pokemon Sun, Earthbound Beginnings (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx wrote:

Revisiting it post-game was a bit disappointing, however. Nothing too crazy happened in that stint of Giratina's dimension.

Yeah, that post game section disappointed me too. They should've switched the two areas, the shorter one should've been during the climax of the story on Spear Pillar where you could go in, confront Cyrus and Giratina, and be on your way and the larger and more complex section should've been post game where you're not under any pressure because of major storyline battles and more challenging puzzles would be more appropriate.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

BlackTalon

I wish they would scrap the festival plaza and bring back the Player Search System from OrAs, ,as is.

The PSS was a much better system. You can even post your own short message and greeting instead of the silly pre set messages.

It was easier to search for people to battle and trade.

Festival Plaza is lame and clunky to use. Even wonder trade and GTS was way better with the Gen 6 PSS.

They should not have changed to the festival plaza thing.

BlackTalon

Meowpheel

I remember when the plaza was revealed and thinking it would be like the avenue from BW2.

How disappointing it was when I got to see it in person.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BlackTalon

I wonder why they didnt just use/ recycle the PSS from ORAS instead.

That would have been cheaper for them than making festival plaza from scratch.

BlackTalon

Octane

Still no news, eh?

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

Still no news, eh?

We get this month's CoroCoro in a week, we might have something then.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

KryptoKrunch

Yeah, PSS or something a bit more advanced would've been better. The thing I do like about the Plaza however is the lotteries and Rare Kitchen. With a bunch of 5 star lotteries, you can score a decent amount of bottle caps and the two PP increasing medicines.

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic