Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 381 to 400 of 980

Eel

Oh how I wish they could make another game where double battles are the standard.

One day.

Oh, and too bad they removed triple and rotation battles, we hardly got to enjoy them at all. Hopefully they'll come back when they make the move to the switch.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Meowpheel That's why I still play Colosseum once in a while.

Octane

shaneoh

@BlueOcean
Well I enjoyed X/Y, so yes, S&M are more boring.

You're lucky to encounter 4 trainers on a route.

Trials are basically gyms with no trainers. The totem fight is against two, maybe three, 'mon.

There's a trial up the top of a mountain. Are you going to fight your way up to the top? Nope, take the bus.

Upon entering most routes you encounter 10 minutes of "plot," a lot of it is Team Skull being numbskulls

Victory road, and all the strong trainers inside have been replaced, with a couple of areas with grass and one cave area. The only trainers you fight are a rival at the beginning, and end.

Edited on by Eel

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Bolt_Strike

BlackTalon wrote:

Anyone seen the corocoro leaks yet?

We have the cover, but it seems to just be hinting at some kind of promotion (maybe just talking about the Japanese Silvally event). If there were anything interesting in CoroCoro, we would probably know by now.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

So yet again nothing?

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii CoroCoro comes out after the Direct.

Octane

Octane

@Meowpheel How do you know?

Edit: Never mind.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Eel

@Octane it's... Uh... On the post up there? It says they're forms of Necrozma.

It's just a bit more confusing than with Kyurem, since you're literally looking at solgaleo and lunala there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IceClimbers

Well at least we finally have names for those forms. Took long enough.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tyranexx

IceClimbers wrote:

Well at least we finally have names for those forms. Took long enough.

This. Interesting to learn that Necrozma is actually the base Pokemon, kinda like Kyurem.

Meowpheel wrote:

Oh, and too bad they removed triple and rotation battles, we hardly got to enjoy them at all. Hopefully they'll come back when they make the move to the switch.

WHAT?! Dang, I liked both of those formats. I was hoping they would pop up in an obscure location again....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

Can we also assume no Johto Alolan forms? I mean, it's September, if there was anything worthwhile to reveal, we would've known by now...

Octane

IceClimbers

@crimsontadpoles Pretty sure tomorrow's Direct will just give the localized news from CoroCoro.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

Tsurii wrote:

@Octane I think the best bet for news is the Direct right now. Corocoro rarely shows entirely new stuff anyway afaik.

CoroCoro is much more likely to show off new stuff than a Direct, Nintendo Directs rarely feature main series Pokemon news and when they do, it's usually the announcement of new software in a focused Pokemon Direct. They don't really just drop a trailer for the already announced upcoming game in a Direct. So don't get your hopes up for any sort of USUM news in this Direct, there's a good chance that it won't happen.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

It's weird. US and UM sound like the most boring and predictable ''sequels'' of any Pokemon game, yet they decided to make two of them...

Even worse, they probably get away with it.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
I wish next Pokemon games has more things to do such as Mini games with reward, Small Tycoon, Item Gathering, Decorating town / house , etc.
I'm quite bored with same routine to hunt certain Pokemons.

Anti-Matter

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

It's weird. US and UM sound like the most boring and predictable ''sequels'' of any Pokemon game, yet they decided to make two of them...

Even worse, they probably get away with it.

I'm not so sure about that. Even Pokemon's pedigree will have a hard time saving this game from poor marketing and poor word of mouth. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a sub 5 million seller and becomes the worst selling main series game in history.

In a sense, this game feels like Pokemon's Federation Force. It's the game no one asked for and is hitting all of the wrong notes of what people want in a Pokemon game. That usually not a formula that translates into success.

Bolt_Strike

Pokefanmum82

Excuse me but do you know something the rest of us don't? Because I'm pretty sure that none of us know anything about the game to make that kind of a statement. And I totally disagree with no one wanting these games because I know plenty of people who do. Since when do you speak for the whole world? Next time just speak for yourself.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

ThatNyteDaez

While I'll say that @Pokefanmum82 was overly harsh with their post, I will admit that I totally agree with their point.

Yes, we know absolutely nothing about US & UM, which means anyone saying they may become the "worst selling main series game" is just going too far. But I know I'm still interested in getting these games. Heck, I bought both versions. And I know a few dozen friends who intend to buy them too, even though we know nothing.

Thing is, unlike with Metroid Federation Force, we know we're getting Pokémon on Switch. So I don't think that comparison can be made so easily. This is essentially the Black 2 & White 2 to tide us over until pokemon comes to Switch. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Besides, we know that the region is going to have a few changes here and there (etc, the black portal, Necrozma's new forms/story, more Z-moves, Dusk Lycanroc and whatever else they have yet to mention) which is good enough to many people. Particularly for those who never got Sun & Moon and for those who fully intend to double-dip like myself. Some people prefer to be surprised.

Maybe Gamefreak has heard how disappointed people were when they played the games and already knew about 90% of the new pokemon? Maybe this is the response to that.

Edited on by ThatNyteDaez

Never take anything I say seriously. S'all you buddy. ;)
Mainly play on my Switch but I have 3DS, Wii U and PS4 as well.
Fave game series include: Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Disgaea, Bayonetta, Dragons Dogma, Phantasy Star & Arena of Valor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1089-6841-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9887-9271 | My Nintendo: ThatNyteDaez | Nintendo Network ID: Rhydas | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.