Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 321 to 340 of 900

roy130390

I have the theory that GameFreak somehow managed to teach us return at some point.

roy130390

Octane

It's gotta be the most boring lead-up to not one, but two Pokemon games. You would think that a good reason to make two follow up versions instead of one means extra content, but we haven't seen any of it, except that event-exclusive Lycanroc...

There aren't even a lot of interesting rumours and leaks like last year.

Anyway, the Pokemon World Championships start tomorrow, and key staff of GameFreak is present, so I expect something on USUM. Don't get your hopes up though. I've got a feeling the games will be nothing more than Sun and Moon with a tiny bit extra.

Octane

roy130390

@Octane To be honest, my wallet and time would appreciate that so I really don't mind if these entries aren't appealing to pokemon sun/moon owners. I think these entries are relatively young and I prefer to enjoy them as much as I can before moving to a new one.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

Tsurii

Meowpheel wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

My interest is at "Make better games or I'm done" right now.

Hah, we all know pokemon fans can't "be done". We always come back.

It's our curse.

Yeah. If we could be done I would've stopped caring after the first hour of Y.

Anyway, interest/hype stuffs...
I'm honestly just hoping for a repeat of Gen 5 without Pokémon Switch turning into another Gen 6
That one prettied-up path on Route 1 already has me more excited than anything pre-X/Y (as in, trailers/reveals for those games) could've hoped for. I feel like I'm the only person on here who prefers everything in SuMo to the stuff in any of the older games tho, so that's likely just bias.

The only pisser so far is that they're now starting to limit access to new evolutions. Pretty good for an entire generation imo.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

roy130390

Tsurii wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

It's our curse.

I feel like I'm the only person on here who prefers everything in SuMo to the stuff in any of the older games tho, so that's likely just bias.

The only pisser so far is that they're now starting to limit access to new evolutions. Pretty good for an entire generation imo.

Nah, it's the same for me.

roy130390

Meowpheel

Well, playing a new pokemon without knowing every single little detail beforehand would be a welcome experience.

So I don't mind the lack of news.

For the last few games, they have been giving us pretty much all there's to know about everything.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IceClimbers

@Octane I mean, that's sort of what Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were.

At most we'll probably get a slightly altered story, move tutors, some new forms, possibly a new area, and that's about it. Hopefully some new Alolan forms and better post game content.

The reveal at Worlds will probably be something related to Mimikyu.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Pokefanmum82

I don't want to know everything about the new games but I'd prefer to know some of the differences between the originals and these new ones. I hope it's like Black 2/White 2 where for Black/White. Those were my favourite Pokémon sequels.

Want: Ultra Sun/Moon, Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Kirby Star Allies, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and many others.

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing Gold. Cannot wait until Ultra Sun and Moon. Get to go back to my fav region.

Octane

@IceClimbers Which is my point. If they're not much different from Sun and Moon, why even bother with two versions? Just make one. I think that B2W2 changed up the region quite a lot, and I can see why they went with two versions.

Why Mimikyu though? The anime came out today and it was nothing special, the ''leaked'' image of Mimikyu was fake too. I think people were reading too much into that anime preview.

And in case you're wondering; Here's Mimikyu without its disguise (but in a paper bag):

Untitled

Octane

Meowpheel

Mimikyu Paperbag Form. Ghost/Normal.
Ability: Delicate. This pokemon is so concerned about getting hit that it will try its best to avoid it. (natural +2 evasion -2 defense).

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsurii

@Octane B2W2 basically added half a region to Unova which, imo, already was fairly big compared to most of the other regions. Or at least felt like it's bigger/has more to offer.

I doubt it's gonna be on that level. But I'm expecting stuff like the geothermal whatever, golf course and maybe even the routes up Mount Hokulani and Lanakila to be new areas in Ultra SuMo, we already have one confirmed new area with the Pikachu thing. I also think they're gonna give a lot more places the same treatment as Route 1 and generally add more details to Alola.

Don't think it's too unrealistic to expect that much as the bare minimum tbh. They probably never stopped working on "Sun & Moon" to add stuff to Alola.

Edited on by Tsurii

Chew.

Meowpheel

I was so disappointed when I realized there was no way to enter the golf course at all.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Bolt_Strike

Meowpheel wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

It's our curse.

Yeah, I'll come back... when Game Freak finally figures out open world.

Tsurii wrote:

@Octane B2W2 basically added half a region to Unova which, imo, already was fairly big compared to most of the other regions. Or at least felt like it's bigger/has more to offer.

I doubt it's gonna be on that level. But I'm expecting stuff like the geothermal whatever, golf course and maybe even the routes up Mount Hokulani and Lanakila to be new areas in Ultra SuMo, we already have one confirmed new area with the Pikachu thing. I also think they're gonna give a lot more places the same treatment as Route 1 and generally add more details to Alola.

Don't think it's too unrealistic to expect that much as the bare minimum tbh. They probably never stopped working on "Sun & Moon" to add stuff to Alola.

A BW2 size expansion would require new islands (and it's unlikely we'll get new islands because we would need new Tapus), there's not enough empty landmass to expand the region anywhere near that much. In fact, the land is all pretty much full up. USUM is probably going to have more of an Emerald level expansion than a BW2 level expansion, we'll probably see a bunch of smaller areas added like the Golf Course, but the core region design is probably going to be the same.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

break wrote:

Yeah, move tutors are a must and a serious VGC rebalance.

Also, we need post game content on the level the delta missions.

Forget the Delta Episode. Let's see post game on the level of Platinum and BW2.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Meowpheel

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to add new islands.

Alola has four main islands, but we know there's also other smaller ones without guardians, and we know artificial islands are a viable option.

There's also the ever popular "expand the islands because you can" option".

And there's the fact that one of the big islands is basically empty.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Tyranexx

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

I just wish that they would say something about these games already. I'm sick of no news.

The silence is slightly disconcerting, I admit. I'm not too bothered yet though since I'm just now digging into Sun.

Video Corner: Welcome Back to Termina
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD, Shining Force: Sword of Hajya (3DS VC/GG)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Tsurii

break wrote:

Also, we need post game content on the level the delta missions.

Ugh, anything but that. The Delta Episode was so dull. Fly here, talk, fight fodder with a single Pokémon, fly there, talk to random character X, rinse and repeat.

SuMo did the same exact thing with the UBs but with actually challenging battles against a few characters. It wasn't much but the final area you unlock after the ending is still infinitely better than ORAS's nonsense.

If they take after any game it should at least be something like Black and White 1's post-game or Battle Resort. A few routes, a dungeon or two and maybe a town as well. I think they can do that much with Alola, maybe excluding the town unless they do some shenanigans ala "area X is being (re)built, come back later"
We all know we won't get a Kanto or Eastern Unova (B2/W2), but if they pull crap like in the Hoenn remakes they might as well not have a post game at all imo.

Edited on by Tsurii

Chew.

Meowpheel

"Hey guys, remember the battle frontier? Here, have a reminder that it isn't in the game."

"But don't worry we have the battle maison. It's the exact same one from the previous game, we wouldn't want to confuse you with too many changes!"

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Haru17

I seem to have spawned some sort of meme.

Anyway, I think the Delta episode was the best production values Pokemon has ever had for post game content. Finally returning to the top of the tower for the notoriously grindy Rayquaza capture battle only to have it expanded upon even more was my favorite thing Pokemon has done in a while. Obviously this was 2+ years on and unrelated, but the animated short for Delta was excellent to — were those called 'Pokemon Legends?'

And of course Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are the gold standard for end game. That was the first generation with so many legendaries and they each felt like secrets hidden around the world. Plus it was the DS era so googling the answer on your phone hadn't become an option yet, you would have to ask friends if you weren't savvy.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic