Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 321 to 340 of 980

Octane

@IceClimbers North-west of the first island, I did notice that. I don't think that's the result of thr water level dropping however. More beaches would become visible if that were true. I think that's just GameFreak adding a small new area.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Bolt_Strike

How do we know they still AREN'T in the past? We still need more info on US/UM to really even begin to draw any conclusions.

If they do end up being dual version third versions, then yeah, that would be pretty disappointing (a single 3rd version would suffice, and yeah, Game Freak needs to learn what “downloadable updates“ are). But I'm waiting to see more, lest all the complaining be for nothing.

Again, because of the map. A BW2 style map would have a ton of new areas to show and other changes that would be immediately visible. We would know if there were new routes or cities. We would know if there were any other big new areas in the game (and no, the Pikachu trailer and the forest don't count as a big expansion, that's Emerald levels of expansion which is nowhere near what BW2 did). We would know if there were major changes to old areas, and in fact we already do know some, but not quite the major remix some people probably expected with the phrase "alternate universe". But the former are much more important towards the game feeling like a BW2-esque experience, and those are completely absent from this map.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

@Bolt_Strike I meant 'lousy with trailers' as in there are a lot of them, not that the trailers themselves are lousy.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Bolt_Strike

Haru17 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike I meant 'lousy with trailers' as in there are a lot of them, not that the trailers themselves are lousy.

Oh. Couldn't really tell you were using lousy in that context.

So yeah, I agree with you. This is usually the time that we get bombarded with news and it's been more of a slow trickle. Also not a good sign.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

If we can actually go into Ultra Space~, that will be a positive for me. The Distortion World sections were big highlights for me in Platinum.

~ Please note that I just started playing through Sun, so for all I know we can go into Ultra Space already.

Here's an interview that Game Informer had with Game Freak about the new photo mode.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx wrote:

If we can actually go into Ultra Space~, that will be a positive for me. The Distortion World sections were big highlights for me in Platinum.

~ Please note that I just started playing through Sun, so for all I know we can go into Ultra Space already.

You can in SM, but just a small pathway and you can never go back after the main story. You're not even there as much as you are the Distortion World in Platinum.

Meh, still not excited. It may just be small snippets and not really anything to write home about region design wise. The only way this could really excite me is if you could visit the entire Ultra Space version of Alola a la ALttP/ALBW/Metroid Prime 2, I love those kinds of games. But I don't think that's what's happening, they'd probably need more than a year to create Ultra Space variants of the entire Alola region.

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Tsurii wrote:

Also..I'll take Ultra Space over a linear hallway with the single most tedious type of "puzzle" in the Pokémon series (Boulder pushing) any day of the week. It's not much but it doesn't overstay its welcome like the Distortion World once the novelty wore off. I'm outright dreading that part of Platinum on new playthroughs because it's boring as hell.

Why? Literally why? Boulder puzzles may be a bit on the tedious side but at least they actually justify spending time in a new area, unlike a 5 second walk towards the plot thing in SM.

Bolt_Strike

Octane

@Meowpheel Yeah but it's a bit silly to think they're keeping an entire region secret. Especially since this is only the interior of a building, and the characters are completely different. Most likely just a reference.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Tsurii wrote:

Because I don't enjoy doing the same exact, mind-numbingly boring crap three times in a row for no reason?

Again, Ultra Space wasn't exactly thrilling either but if I have the choice between the 30ish minute slog of hunting down Giratina and an admittedly short stay in an area without that arbitrary nonsense, I'll take the latter.

Go back to Platinum, actually replay that section and then try to (unironically) say you had fun or that it's a well designed area.

I had more fun with that than I did walking 10 ft. The Distortion World was at least engaging with all of the antigravity shenanigans and objects warping in and out. It wasn't just 30 minutes of boulder puzzles.

And I'm not saying this should be either. I just want it to be something substantial to make it worth a second trip through Alola, and having portal hopping like the three games I mentioned would be a great way to do that in the absence of new areas in Alola itself.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

Bolt_Strike wrote:

The Distortion World was at least engaging with all of the antigravity shenanigans and objects warping in and out. It wasn't just 30 minutes of boulder puzzles.

The lack of gravity/laws of nature that govern the normal world was part of the appeal of the Distortion World for me. I wouldn't say the design of it would win any awards, but it was still so delightfully bonkers that it sticks out in my mind as a high point.

Revisiting it post-game was a bit disappointing, however. Nothing too crazy happened in that stint of Giratina's dimension.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx wrote:

Revisiting it post-game was a bit disappointing, however. Nothing too crazy happened in that stint of Giratina's dimension.

Yeah, that post game section disappointed me too. They should've switched the two areas, the shorter one should've been during the climax of the story on Spear Pillar where you could go in, confront Cyrus and Giratina, and be on your way and the larger and more complex section should've been post game where you're not under any pressure because of major storyline battles and more challenging puzzles would be more appropriate.

Bolt_Strike

BlackTalon

I wish they would scrap the festival plaza and bring back the Player Search System from OrAs, ,as is.

The PSS was a much better system. You can even post your own short message and greeting instead of the silly pre set messages.

It was easier to search for people to battle and trade.

Festival Plaza is lame and clunky to use. Even wonder trade and GTS was way better with the Gen 6 PSS.

They should not have changed to the festival plaza thing.

BlackTalon

Eel

I remember when the plaza was revealed and thinking it would be like the avenue from BW2.

How disappointing it was when I got to see it in person.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BlackTalon

I wonder why they didnt just use/ recycle the PSS from ORAS instead.

That would have been cheaper for them than making festival plaza from scratch.

BlackTalon

Octane

Still no news, eh?

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

Still no news, eh?

We get this month's CoroCoro in a week, we might have something then.

Bolt_Strike

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, PSS or something a bit more advanced would've been better. The thing I do like about the Plaza however is the lotteries and Rare Kitchen. With a bunch of 5 star lotteries, you can score a decent amount of bottle caps and the two PP increasing medicines.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Haruki_NLI

The only thing I didn't like, in fact I positively hated, about the PSS is that it didn't shut the hell up!

If you connected online you get constant notifications of "Hey you can do this" "Hey, connect with friends" "What about this feature hidden in a menu?" and all those notifications did was actually stop the menu popping up! Yes really, while that was up, the menu doesn't open!

ORAS alleviated this by allowing me to have a far more helpful map on the bottom screen.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.