Forums

Topic: Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Discussion

Posts 101 to 106 of 106

MasterWario

@MitchVogel: Well your comment really makes me wish I had the game so I could give my 2 cents about it, but from my experience with the previous games I can say something about those two issues.

First thing is that the repetition of the dungeons can actually be a good thing; what you don't want, and what I'm hoping is not the case, is that your decisions are repetitive. Yeah you'll be using Thunderbolt or w/e a lot, but if all you ever have to do is Thunderbolt everything without thinking twice then that's bad. So if you know in general what's coming in the dungeon but you don't know exactly how it'll play out, you can either make strategic choices or try to zoom by the skin of your teeth, and when (if) the game starts to pick up in difficulty that's when it starts to feel "adventurous", albeit at times a bit dull and frustrating.

The past games in the series have at times been more an experience than a game, sending me through a wide range of emotions, which brings me to my second point about the text. One of the reasons people seem to like the series is because it's not afraid to tell an intense, and sometimes dark and hopeless, story about Pokemon, even if it's drawn out and sometimes repetitive.

So yeah. I don't know if that solves anything you were wondering about or if other people agree with me, but that's what I believe are some main points about "getting" the game, or what it has been for the series thus far.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Pokefanmum82

i'm enjoying it so far but I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm only at the point where I moved in with Nuzleaf and have to go to school.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

TeeJay

@MitchVogel: Both of those points are the typical Mystery Dungeon experience. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are ALWAYS text heavy. In my opinion it works in the game's favor, as it helps to keep the gameplay from getting too stale too quickly.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

FriedSquid

I'm starting to heavily consider getting this game, but as someone who's never played a Mystery Dungeon game, should I? To the series veterans, is this a good place to start or should I try an earlier game?

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Haru17

I'm really enjoying the beginning of the story so far. The writing is quite 'charming'.

But by far the standout is the amazing soundtrack. I mean really! Best Pokemon OST I've heard.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Mineral

I'm at the part where you decide your team name. I'm leaning toward Team Rocket.
What did you guys pick ?

FriedSquid wrote:

I'm starting to heavily consider getting this game, but as someone who's never played a Mystery Dungeon game, should I? To the series veterans, is this a good place to start or should I try an earlier game?

I'm not that far in the game yet, maybe 6-9 hours in, but it's great so far. Just remember to save often, collect and use items. You're gonna need them.
I watched a guy on youtube play the game and he wiped out at an easy boss. All he had to do was use a slumber orb to make them all sleep. He didn't save for a while either. Don't do that lol

Edited on by Mineral

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.