Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 3,958

Calllack

Darn! I was hoping to change my Sylveon's Hidden Power type using the Hyper Training thingy.

~~~~

Calllack

My Nintendo: Cal | Nintendo Network ID: Calllack

-Juice-

I don't see why people even have a problem with the whole bottle cap IV situation in Sun and Moon. It still works the exact same way it would if your Pokemon had legit 31 IV in whatever stat you do it with. The only thing different is that when breeding you transfer your actual IVs over, and not your perfect ones. Even then, bottle caps are easy to accumulate so all you have to do is use them on the Pokemon you breed. It essentially means you only have to focus on egg moves, abilities, and natures.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Araquanid

There's a new way to shiny chain.

Whenever you're fighting pokemon, it has the chance to "call for help". There is an item called the adrenaline orb which increases the chances of this. Its unown (heh) what the exact chain odds are, but everybody is getting shiny rockruffs after 30-60 encounters and they're calling for help every 2 turns atleast. Additionally you can get up to 4 perfect IVs every certain number of chains, and killing the large one doesn't break the chain (have to cause of struggle).

So basically this is a faster method of dexnaving except you can't guarantee what you'll encounter (its always the same pokemon just you have to find that pokemon first, so if you want rockruff you gotta encounter a rockruff to chain off of) and its in a constant same battle meaning you don't have to keep switch out of battle, only bringing leppa berries.

This chain is also how you can obtain hidden abilities for these pokemon. Assuming synchronize works. Just bring false swipe mews of the desired nature, and kill the pokemon called, and after like 30 turns kill the original pokemon before it struggles.

This is 0 reason to breed besides egg moves it seems. (and there are a surprising amount of egg move dependent pokemon.. so genderless pokemon are literally free shinies if you can find them.)

___

Off topic (or back on topic whichever) the only thing that just feels weird about the bottle caps, is the stat numbers don't change until you get in battle. So your pokemon is just a regular 0/0/0/0/0/0 pokemon, but when it enters battle its stats increase to be 31/31/31/31/31/31 equivelant. Say in gen 8 or later bottle caps aren't a thing anymore, and now you have a ton of useless pokemon you didn't bother breeding.

Its great for random wild encounter shinies and legends being legitmately useful (natures and egg moves still an issue.)

Less excuses to generate pokemon is indeed a good thing. Won't stop it cause people will be too lazy to level up or EV train but its another reason for doing it off the check list.

EDIT: Apparently the adrenaline orb isn't a held item, its a consumable battle item that last for the rest of the battle similar to X boost and they're purchasable in just about every shop.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Araquanid

@Tsurii If you want the thread of the guy currently chaining (he's done 5 chains now and say he got 5 4 IV pokemon from each of them)

Here's his thread:
(warning potential spoilers as they mention newer pokemon being chained and route names for encounter locations)

"Cool. Is the adrenaline orb a held item to be held by the first member of your party or is it a consumable item? (sorry for all the questions :/)"

"It's an item that you use at the beginning of the fight. It starts being sold at PCs when you get to the third island for $300. It's one use only. "

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

jump

I've just been given tixs for the London launch party

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CrazedCavalier

After taking some time to warm up to it, the music of this generation is great.
EDIT: Spoiler tags not working for me for some reason... .

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Buizel

Starter Z-moves showcased in new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguGMeEWhhs

How are the feelings towards the starter final evolutions?

Although I was never much of a fan of Litten...I'm quite disappointed that they went down the wrestler route...it's a bit too reminiscent of Emboar for my liking. I know it's not Fire/Fighting, but it might as well be!

The other two I'm very happy with, and I'm 100% going for Popplio the first time round.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

shaneoh

Tsurii wrote:

Serebii wrote:

It also confirms that the Magearna QR Code will be distributed in Europe from December 6th inside the Pokémon TV app for smartphones and tablets

NO GAMESTOP NONSENSE!!!
ahem sorry...

I know bugger all about QR codes, but that should mean that single code works across all PAL games shouldn't it?

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Gridatttack

I sort of miss the PSS from gen 6.
It was easier to battle/trade.

Now you have to go to the festival plaza, and hear this carnaval music. I don't know how much I will tolerate it :<

Other than that, it seems there's no status message anymore, so no pseudo chatting.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Araquanid

Really sucks, I liked being online and breeding so I got battle invites to kill breeding time.

At least this prevents that one guy everybody has added who sends shout outs talking to their girlfriend every 30 seconds... I can't be the only one who somehow gets these..

My Shinies

Haruki_NLI

@MegaBeedrill at least it also fixes the issue of the PSS constantly shouting USE ME if youve beeen online at all in that session and blocking access to the menu.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Gridatttack

@MegaBeedrill lol
I encountered one of those guys.It was an acquaintance from a multi battle.
Sometimes it was funny though.

I mostly miss the thing to make oneself looking for a battle and also just playing the game in general.
Now I'm confined in the plaza map, hearing the same music over and over...

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Haru17

Naw dawg, this is effed.

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Araquanid

Haru17 wrote:

Naw dawg, this is effed.

Untitled

You know they're doing it on purpose..

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

IceClimbers

Don't think this was mentioned, but Soul Dew's effect has been changed completely. It now boosts Latias/Latios's Dragon and Psychic moves by 20%.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Araquanid

This is a big spoiler about a leaked pokemon

So apparently, this guy's name is araquanid:
Untitled

And its ability is water bubble.

By description, water bubble gives burn immunity and reduces the damage of fire attacks (so basically it resist fire like a regular water type).

What was discovered through datamining however, is there is a 3rd effect of the ability water bubble, we don't know if this is an unintended bug or just something that didn't fit in the text... but water bubble DOUBLES the power of water type attacks.

Yea... Burn immunity + Fire Resistance + Basically huge power for water moves, araquanid is looking to be extremely strong..

252+ Atk Choice Band Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 207-244 (57.9 - 68.3%) — guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 145-172 (40.6 - 48.1%) — guaranteed 3HKO

This is one of my favorites:
252+ Atk Choice Band Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 93-109 (54.3 - 63.7%) — guaranteed 2HKO

Additionally it learns entrainment so you can give other pokemon water bubble in doubles.

Araquanid is going to be fun to use..

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Araquanid

@Meowpheel Yes.

So basically, if its using Liquidation (A water type version of crunch basically, with the defense drop chance), its 85 * 2 = 160 due to water bubble. Then because Araquanid is Water / Bug, STAB is added.

With a choice band and rain up, liquidation does 85 * 2 (ability) * 1.5 (stab) * 1.5 (choiced) * 1.5 (rain). Math sucks so lets say its a really really big amount of damage and nothing is 3HKO'd besides water absorbers and slowbro, but this thing also gets toxic which they can't do anything about, and araquanid has 132 Special Defense meaning it can take hits all day like Azumaril.

This is the least damage Araquanid does to anything:
252+ Atk Choice Band Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro in Rain: 107-126 (27.2 - 32%) — guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Araquanid Leech Life vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 134-162 (34 - 41.2%) — guaranteed 3HKO

The bad thing is it's speed is only in the 40s and it has 70 base attack, but for a 70 base attack pokemon and still able to 2HKO skarmory thats destructive.

Also immunity to burns makes it a hard counter to scald users like crocune.. speaking of which
252+ Atk Choice Band Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune in Rain: 149-176 (36.8 - 43.5%) — guaranteed 3HKO

EDIT: I was wrong, its 85 BP not 80.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Octane

@MegaBeedrill
Dhelmise, the ghost anchor, has a similar ability, except it's called Steelworker iirc and it works for Steel types. It's essentially a Grass/Ghost/Steel Pokémon. Nog sure of it gets the Steel resistances though, but maybe it gets a Poison immunity?

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.