Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 3,958

Shinion

The gen 5 games were fantastic in many areas, but they also serve as a reminder as to why overindulging people with dozens and dozens of new Pokémon at once is not the way to go. I'd say for me personally at least 50 of the gen 5 Pokémon are completely unremarkable (and this is coming from someone who doesn't hate Trubbish/Garbador and actually really likes the Vanillite line) and I don't really begrudge anyone who has an even greater list of gen 5 Pokémon that they don't like. Also those games were weird graphically, they may be technically better with more animations than gen 4 but I think the DS more than ran its course and I'm really happy with the improvements in this regard that we now have on the 3DS.

Story, music and overall difficulty balancing were the best parts of Balck/White but I'm glad that Game Freak don't treat every generation like they did with gen 5, less is more and all that.

Shinion

LzWinky

Haru17 wrote:

So the first four regions are based off of Japan...?

Yup

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Marakuto

Its strange because the other day I discussed with a friend how there were similarities in Sun & Moon with generation 5 and for it to be similar in design, or rather a step up from those games (plus including things from generation 6) is giving a good impression. I'll have to experience it myself before I fully come to this conclusion though; also has anyone else done anything extreme to make sure they have not seen any spoilers so far?

I've managed to block all Youtube thumbnails and sites that have a track record of posting datamines and story leaks, though earlier in October I was spoiled by only 2 new Pokemon.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

Pokefanmum82

I have stuck to just here and Serebii for info. Have avoided Youtube or any other websites

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

DefHalan

@Octane those straight up look like Digimon. I normally don't say that about Pokemon but those really do look like Digimon

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

@DefHalan Haven't followed Digimon in a while, but I don't think they look like Digimon either. UB's are weird though.

Octane

Eel

The digimen are more... Organic shapes, anime eyes with eyeliner, and stripes. Lots of stripes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

Yay I can finally discuss (wait i can't use official names yet right?) UB-04

The origami one is going to be a favorite of mine. That attack stat is insanely high, but its hp and special defense makes it the definition of a glass cannon, additionally the slow speed makes it hard to sweep with.

This thing will rip stall teams in half..

Also what I find more hilarious, is this guy is only 1'00"... its smaller than fennekin and has 181 attack.... I'm going to have so much fun with this thing.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

@Tsurii I use to watch Digimon. Even tried to watch it again when it was on netflix, realized I only watched Digimon when Pokemon wasn't on lol. I still think it looks like it could belong in the Digital World. I took the first picture and sent it to my co-worker who I play the Pokemon TCG with. I sent the picture with the comment "New Digimon?" and his reply was "when did you start caring about Digimon?"

DefHalan

Meowpheel wrote:

The digimen are more... Organic shapes, anime eyes with eyeliner, and stripes. Lots of stripes.

Digimon generally are that, but their final forms turn more to straight shapes and hard edges, or they just turn into Humans wearing armor lol. UBs are starting to look like that to me lol

Araquanid

Did someone say digimon?

Untitled
Untitled

I always got a digimon vibe from hoopa-unbound and lucario is just a renamon parallel imo..

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

roy130390

As much as I love pokemon games, digimon have always looked more varied, interesting and well done in terms of design and with actually a good story for at least the first 3 seasons. Just my opinion.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Octane

I know that the speed stats are low for most Alolan Pokemon, but I just realised that Grubbin is the fastest member of its evolution line, and it has a speed stat of just 46. Charjabug and Vikavolt are even slower..

Octane

CrazedCavalier

@FriedSquid
And this is why I say Blastoise is one of the most Digimon-esque Pokemon. Seriously, two giant metal cannons? Nobody would let it slide now.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Tyranexx

FriedSquid wrote:

Yeah, Digimon usually have better designs

Untitled

I really hope we get a Pokemon that looks like this someday

In most cases I have to agree. Most Digimon designs are unique and cool-looking. I'm quite surprised that the franchise doesn't get nearly as much attention outside of Japan as it used to. (I still wish they would localize Re:Digitize: Decode!)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.