Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 3,958

-Green-

No thanks. The less I have to see of the Exegg line, the better. It's bad enough seeing one of them again.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

IceClimbers

I'd like the sandcastle Pokemon a lot less if it was just a pure Ground type sandcastle. The fact that it's Ghost/Ground makes it more interesting. Supposedly it becomes pure Ghost when hit by a Water type move.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haru17

The sandcastle 'mon looks neat! Definitely like the design (and hopefully name) over Mudbray / Mudsdale.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MasterWario

I cannot believe this sandcastle Pokemon; I was laughing so much. Game Freak is really going bonkers with Sun/Moon. The only thing I'm not liking is the ghost typing on living Pokemon. Ghost/Fire Marowak is cool, but it's not, ya know, a ghost (or is it?). Same with Sensu style Oricorio...like how are you supposed to "evolve" into a ghost type? It doesn't make sense to me and it kinda ticks me off the wrong way, but that's literally the only thing that's bothering me with the game atm so I'm trying to ignore it.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Eel

Marowak being a ghost is a gen 1 in-joke.

Anyway, ghost typing doesn't necessarily involve death, it's just a set of properties a Pokemon can develop.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

So does the sand castle like eat children? It looks like it hunts similar to an antlion. Maybe it's seeking revenge against the children who stabbed the pale into its head.

MasterWario

@Meowpheel (@DarthNocturnal) It's kind of difficult to word since ghosts in general involve death in some sense. When I think of ghost type I think of normal/fighting attacks running through them, and the fact Marowak and Sensu Oricorio "evolved" such that hyper beam just flies through them now annoys me. I guess I could view it as them being resistant like I imagine Psychic -> Dark is...

I guess you're right, but all the current ghost Pokemon look like ghosts to me, however the bird is literally just...a bird, that somehow just picked up ghost typing like it was no big deal. It throws my understanding of the Pokemon universe for a loop.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

Eel

It's specially funny in HGSS where you can get Slugma before the bellsprout tower.

There I go, casually walking my lava pet in an all-wooden ancient tower.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IceClimbers

So here's some speculation on the Island Challenge and Z-Moves:

To use Z-Moves, you have two of the Z-Crystal for the corresponding type - one for your trainer, and one for your Pokemon to hold. In a screenshot you see some sort of shrine behind the totem Lurantis. There seems to be one totem Pokemon for each trial, matching the type of the Trail Captain's speciality.

Could this be how you get the Z-Crystals for your trainer, while the ones for your Pokemon to hold are scattered throughout the region like Mega Stones? Therefore, could there actually be 18 trials, one for each type?

If so, then I'm excited about it and happy to something different than the Gym system.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Araquanid

Well they better described the sandcastle pokemon... it's more #@%$ed up than litwick...

so the little guy is a grudge pokemon soul. The big guy steals the lives of pokemon it captures and those turn into the little grudges which become the little guys...

Just imagine being a pikachu walking on the beach and suddenly you're killed metroid style and turned into a mini sandcastle with only hate as your emotion..

Forget what I said about a trash design, that lore is dark. Now that's a good design...

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

-Juice-

@MegaBeedrill Beaches are also one of the most popular vacation spots, which means this thing needs population control, stat.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

-Green-

Oh dear, think of the children!!!

Tyranexx

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Well they better described the sandcastle pokemon... it's more #@%$ed up than litwick...

so the little guy is a grudge pokemon soul. The big guy steals the lives of pokemon it captures and those turn into the little grudges which become the little guys...

Just imagine being a pikachu walking on the beach and suddenly you're killed metroid style and turned into a mini sandcastle with only hate as your emotion..

Forget what I said about a trash design, that lore is dark. Now that's a good design...

I still bet the whole cycle started by some pile of sand hating someone after they were stabbed in the head with a shovel. XD

The darker lore has spiced this line up for me a bit. In fact, I now grade both sand castles as...

Untitled

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MasterWario

@BlatantlyHeroic That's what I kept thinking about. Like I don't think this Pokemon would be allowed to exist if I'm to take that Pokedex seriously. There would be wanted posters everywhere, the whole game would be littered with talk about hunting the evil sand castle Pokemon (lol), and everyone would hate the dang thing...but no, you'll be allowed to casually catch it and "befriend" and "bond with" a Pokemon that only knows hate. Like what?

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

Octane

Untitled

Ehh..? What's this thing?

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.