Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 3,958

Maxz

Is Hyper Training only possible at lvl 100? And are the 'capsule' things (the ones that Mageara is said to hold) a one-use only item? And if Hyper Training deals with IVs, will we still have an equivalent for EV training?

I'm generally pretty glad that it's possible to change the IVs, as it's always a bit sad staring at a Pokemon (especially one that you might have trained in game), and knowing that it'll never really amount to much in the competitive scene. It kinda eats into the idea that the IVs are like your Pokemon's genetics, and thus give each Pokemon a semblance of individuality, but I'm happy about it none-the-less.

I did a bit more work on my Fakémon. I sort of... lost the lychee theme, and now it's got more in common with a calla lily, but I think the top section balances the lower half better. And cala lillies are just plain pretty. It could definitely do with some tidying up, but I think I've basically got the main ideas down on the page. The main thing it's lacking is a name:

Untitled

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Tyranexx

I would love if they brought back the Underground from D/P/Pt, though I sort of doubt it since Alola is a chain of islands. Although, they could use that aspect of the game to allow subterranean access to each of the islands.

And, even though this was really gimmicky, I got a ridiculous amount of enjoyment from making movies in Virbank in B2/W2.

Secret Bases are also welcome to return in Gen 7.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

KO-Cub

DefHalan wrote:

Every Gen I expect them to change all Eevee evolutions to stones. It is weird that Eevee started out as the Stone Evolution Pokemon, but most of its evolutions have nothing to do with Stones.

Leaf Stone for Leafeon? Nope.
Sun Stone for Espeon? Nope.
Pretty ridiculous that they didn't do this.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Bolt_Strike

Trinexx wrote:

I would love if they brought back the Underground from D/P/Pt, though I sort of doubt it since Alola is a chain of islands. Although, they could use that aspect of the game to allow subterranean access to each of the islands.

Save it for DP remakes. That would be an awesome feature to expand upon in the remakes if they can add online, it'd be a lot more vibrant and active then.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Pokefanmum82

man I really liked the underground. it was so much fun. I would definitely buy a remake of Diamond and Pearl. It was my favorite gen, then Gen 1 & 2. Or even if they released them on the new hardware via eShop.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Haru17

The digging minigame was a lot of fun. I hope Diamond and Pearl HD would feature a lot of secrets. Then again, I'm not itching for a remake or anything.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tyranexx

Tsurii wrote:

I think the underground would work even better for Alola if they expanded upon it with stuff like actual, physical entrances that are scattered around the place. You could even put some trainers in there and make one route mandatory to get to one of the islands, have a unique way to traverse the region instead of going by boat/surf for every single new island and introduce players to the underground features at the same time.

Precisely what I was getting at. It would be a nice alternative to getting to each new island by sea. While it was improved in the ORAS remakes, the waterlogged routes and the absurdly large amounts of water Pokemon encounters became same-y and tiresome for me in Gen 3.

Since I'm on the subject of ORAS, part of me hopes they bring back the Soaring mechanic in some way; it was my favorite new thing in the remakes and is a cool alternative to Fly.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Bolt_Strike

DarthNocturnal wrote:

After beginning the hunt for legendaries in Omega Ruby... I REALLY hope they do away with “throw Pokeball at target until something takes“. Maybe now is the time to make player input impact the catch rate in some way, and / or a form of stamina that weakens them with each Pokeball used.

Anything to avoid scenarios where a red-health, paralyzed mon makes you go through your entire Ultra Ball supply because “lolRNG“.

Interesting idea. I do think they should probably make catching less RNG dependent, but they still should still find some way to retain a sense of difficulty in catching stronger Pokemon. You don't want to make it a walk in the park to catch a legendary (unless it's a required capture).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AlliMeadow

@DarthNocturnal I think this gen might be the time for Master Ball in exchange for 200 BP or something like that. We now have so many legendaries and hard-to-catch mons that the Master Ball needs to be more available. If not they need to introduce a ball that has a higher catch-rate on Legendaries or something of that sort.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

After beginning the hunt for legendaries in Omega Ruby... I REALLY hope they do away with “throw Pokeball at target until something takes“. Maybe now is the time to make player input impact the catch rate in some way, and / or a form of stamina that weakens them with each Pokeball used.

Anything to avoid scenarios where a red-health, paralyzed mon makes you go through your entire Ultra Ball supply because “lolRNG“.

This stung the most in Gen 2 since the three roaming legendary cats/dogs could run at any time, even if their health was in the red and they had a status condition. Abilities weren't a thing yet, so you had to rely on moves to keep them still long enough (I normally relied on either the Sleep condition or Mean Look). I don't know if button pushes would be the solution (even though there were urban legends about this for years), however I do like your stamina idea.

Marakuto

@AlliMeadow 6th Gen made getting Master Balls much more easier with wonder trading.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

Octane

@DarthNocturnal There was a glitch in the second gen games that skipped the status condition in the capture formula. Only sleep and freeze modified the capture rate. Paralysing a Pokémon in gen 2 didn't help at all.

Octane

Pokefanmum82

i wonder what news we will get tomorrow via the official sites. i hope it's about the region and not any more of the pokemon that inhabit it.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Octane

Prediction: More new Pokémon..

But seriously, I'd like to see maybe pre-evo's or evolutions of older Pokémon, we haven't had those for a pretty long time.

Octane

Maxz

@Octane I'd be surprised if Yungoos isn't a pre-evo of Zangoose. Having said that, I can imagine the situation in which it inexplicably isn't, and in that case, I can also imagine myself feeling surprised.

The talk of it being imported from another region to control pests kind of reminds my of the rivalry between it and Seviper, as well as suggesting links to older games. It strikes me as odd to introduce a Pokemon to a new region with reference to ANOTHER region if that region hasn't previously been used. Also, its Japanese same if identical to Zangoose's aside from the initial character (which rhymes) - ザングース vs ヤングース, and also the first three characters spell out the Japanese transliteration of the word 'young', which is in reasonably common use. This implies it's the 'younger', pre-evolved form of something.

So yeah, I reckon we've seen one pre-evo already. Working against this argument is the fact Yungoos shares neither of its potential abilities with Zangoose.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Octane

@Maxz He's probably the early normal Pokémon of the new games, like Rattata, if that isn't confirmned already. It's just a coincidence that they're both based on mongooses. They don't look alike and their abilities (and abilities in general) seem to be completely different. This one doesn't look like it's going to all the slashing moves. I'm pretty sure they're unrelated.

Octane

Maxz

@Octane You may be right. Yungoos appears to be very 'jaw-based' when it comes to its offensive abilities, whereas Zangoose - as you've noted - is much more claw focused. Its eyes and ears (and obviously colouring) are quite different too.

Having said that, I've just watched its official reveal trailer again, and the attack animation shown is certainly very 'slashy'.

If there is no relation, I'll be interested to see what form its evolution/s take (my guess would be that they get progressively more 'bitey'), and how many times they try to riff off the word 'mongoose'.

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Bolt_Strike

I'd be down for anything but more Pokemon, we've seen a zillion Pokemon already and not much of anything else. What's going on with the gyms? What's that bracelet and what are those super moves? What, if anything, are they doing different with riding in this game? What else are they doing to shake up the game? Those are the kinds of lingering questions I want to see them start to answer now, we've only got 3 months of reveals left so we need to start seeing some bombshells.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.