3DS Forum

Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,639

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

681. Posted:

Probably some combination of more old characters (Wally, Winona, Tate & Liza, Juan, Wallace, Glacia, Drake), legendaries, old features that haven't been covered yet (Pokenav, PSS, Super Training, customization, Trick House), and more Mega Evolutions.

I want to see something new, though, so far this game is just an amalgamation of RS and XY features with a few Megas thrown in, that's not really a very exciting remake. Even HGSS had new stuff like Pokemon following, Berry Pots, the Pokeathlon, and the Safari Zone.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

682. Posted:

Outside of the pokemon following you (which is an awesome feature that should come back), you could argue that the gen II remakes were just an amalgamation of GSC and DPPt features with sports minigames thrown in.

They didn't even update Kanto to be less useless, besides the fighting dojo.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

683. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

Outside of the pokemon following you (which is an awesome feature that should come back), you could argue that the gen II remakes were just an amalgamation of GSC and DPPt features with sports minigames thrown in.

None of the things I listed were in DP. Except for the Safari Zone, but the twist they put on it wasn't.

In ORAS they have done absolutely nothing thus far to distinguish it from other Pokemon games.

Morphbug wrote:

They didn't even update Kanto to be less useless, besides the fighting dojo.

They added back a lot of areas they removed in the originals though, I'd call that less useless.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

684. Posted:

So if we get lucky for a third time, CoroCoro could leak as early as a week from today!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

685. Posted:

New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6blt8m8-3Y

No new reveals per se (although it does show Brendan interacting with a Pikachu hiding in the grass), but it does show a ton of areas and a couple of scenes from the storyline.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

686. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6blt8m8-3Y

No new reveals per se (although it does show Brendan interacting with a Pikachu hiding in the grass), but it does show a ton of areas and a couple of scenes from the storyline.

Paused 3:10..

Does that place look familiar? ;)

Patch for x/y confirmed.

Also lol for the disabled comments.

Edited on by MegaBeedrill

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha
Super Smash Bros. IGN/MII: This guy
Bug Gym Leader

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

687. Posted:

That bit with the pikachu is pretty interesting.

Maybe we will be able to see some pokemon hiding in places from the overworld?

Also, it's nice to see the nod to the original intro video.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

688. Posted:

This game is definitly not going to feel as dull or similar to x/y.. alot of graphical changes were made to the areas, camera angles, intros, cutscenes..

The hype is strong with this one..

Also notice that every single pokemon shown in that trailer got a mega evolution? Except for trapinch, pikachu, cacturn, and Makuhita? Maybe those pokemon will get mega evolutions as well ;) (Except pikachu it already has too much going for it..) and their evolutionary lines look like they would be the ones to recieve megas consituring all three are kinda.. meh.

Also maybe whatever pokemon you're diving with, you'll be riding a real time model of it.. like the person was riding a wailmer.. unless they pull some x/y mamoswine/rhydon crap with that.

Edited on by MegaBeedrill

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha
Super Smash Bros. IGN/MII: This guy
Bug Gym Leader

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

689. Posted:

Well, pretty much every game since gen III uses a generic featureless wailmer (with a tail) for surfing and diving.

The corsola swiming in the back makes me believe that's a special area, but who knows? Maybe they heard their fans and now we will able to see the pokemon we are riding.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

690. Posted:

A lot of beauty in that trailer, especially parts like the short while after 2:35 - Mt. Pyre, Mossdeep, and Sootopolis(dang it, wanted to see more of that!) and the earlier dive bit. Then those cutscenes like Groudon/Kyogre, the submarine takeoff, etc....o_o The cycling theme also brought back nostalgia.

I also like the figurines Japan is getting... :x

This is too much, ha.

Edited on by Lalivero

...formerly - Chriiis

Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

Blast

691. Posted:

The game looks great.... but the trailer pretty much confirmed that player customization is gone and no sign of Battle Frontier...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

692. Posted:

I have a feeling CoroCoro is going to say something about what's going on in the Safari Zone, that seems like it might be worth mentioning.

Blast wrote:

The game looks great.... but the trailer pretty much confirmed that player customization is gone and no sign of Battle Frontier...

They won't talk about the Battle Frontier this early, and we know that there's something at that location because of the cloud cover on the map. Worst case scenario, it could be the Battle Tower (which wouldn't surprise me because they've deconfirmed practically everything else from Emerald), but it's too early to say.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Punished_Boss_84

693. Posted:

That ost is faithful and frightening at the same time! I'd still think it will trump XY easily, no contest.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - Kazuhira Miller
"Its over 9000!" - Vegeta.
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - The Boss.
"Gotta catch 'em all" - Pokemon.
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - Frank Tenpenny

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

694. Posted:

I preordered this game on a whim. I mean, I knew I'd get this game eventually anyway since Emerald was my first ever pokemon game but I hope it's a lot better than X and Y were.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

695. Posted:

There's a small part of the map covered with a very suspicious added-looking cloud ;)

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

IceClimbers

696. Posted:

Would be cool to see this event and theme return:

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

AuthorMessage

Katiskats

697. Posted:

SUCH WANT
SO MEGA
MANY LOVE

~HEY LISTEN~
Press [a] to continue..

3DS Friend Code: 4742-6764-4873 | Twitter: katiskats

AuthorMessage

B_BIackNinja_N

698. Posted:

QUESTION: GameXplain has gone through the latest gameplay and overview trailer, looking for anything new to point out. They made a comment that some of the new elements that Pokémon Emerald introduced hasn't been seen yet such as the Battle Frontier and Altering Cave. With that being pointed out, do you CARE if these additions are left out?

I could go Super Sonic!
My body is ready!
The L in BlackNinja is a capital i.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9720-8346 | Nintendo Network ID: B_BlackNinja_N

AuthorMessage

Blast

699. Posted:

B_BIackNinja_N wrote:

QUESTION: GameXplain has gone through the latest gameplay and overview trailer, looking for anything new to point out. They made a comment that some of the new elements that Pokémon Emerald introduced hasn't been seen yet such as the Battle Frontier and Altering Cave. With that being pointed out, do you CARE if these additions are left out?

If Battle Frontier isn't in this game then I really am not buying this game. Its sad to say but I can't deal with bad post content anymore. Pokemon X/Y offered very little to do after the gamer beat the game. The Looker Arc was pretty cool, though.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

700. Posted:

I'd be surprised if they didn't add the Frontier. Then again, it could be a last minute surprise

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky