3DS Forum

Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Showing 641 to 660 of 1,639

AuthorMessage

Blast

641. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

Some details suggest outfits won't be returning (outside of contests).

You mean to tell me... that the arguably the biggest feature from Pokemon X/Y, PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION, won't be returning in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?!?!?!

Please tell me you are joking. If this is true.... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

642. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

You mean to tell me... that the arguably the biggest feature from Pokemon X/Y, PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION, won't be returning in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?!?!?!

Please tell me you are joking. If this is true.... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not completely out of question yet, but the fact that we haven't seen any hint at it returning and that the hidden bases disguise you as other trainer classes.... We haven't seen any hint or indicator that clothing shops exist in Hoenn yet, either.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Blast

643. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

Blast wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

It's not completely out of question yet, but the fact that we haven't seen any hint at it returning and that the hidden bases use disguise you as other trainer classes.... We haven't seen any hint or indicator that clothing shops exist in Hoenn yet, either.

N-no..... n-no...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

644. Posted:

@Blast if only they at least made better looking character models, this wouldn't have been so bad.....
sincerely I'd love if had stayed with the manga style this time around(it'd be pretty much the same as in the orginal RSE)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

645. Posted:

The Adventures manga uses a very distinct art style that looks very little like the one from the games.

It's like, it evolved as a different branch starting from the art of the first games.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Blast

646. Posted:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

@Blast if only they at least made better looking character models, this wouldn't have been so bad.....
sincerely I'd love if had stayed with the manga style this time around(it'd be pretty much the same as in the orginal RSE)

I'm not a fan of the character models for the male and female trainers at all. I wanna change their looks so badly.... If its true that player customization isn't coming back then that's a freaking shame. There better be highly detailed animated scenes are something.

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

647. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

The Adventures manga uses a very distinct art style that looks very little like the one from the games.

It's like, it evolved as a different branch starting from the art of the first games.

very little similar is going a little bit too far(though I admit it's been a while since I read the manga and that it took me a while to get used to it)

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

648. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Blast wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

It's not completely out of question yet, but the fact that we haven't seen any hint at it returning and that the hidden bases use disguise you as other trainer classes.... We haven't seen any hint or indicator that clothing shops exist in Hoenn yet, either.

N-no..... n-no...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Lemme help you out:

Edited on by MegaBeedrill

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha
Super Smash Bros. IGN/MII: This guy
Bug Gym Leader

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

649. Posted:

I'm sure there will be customization. It was one of the last features revealed for X/Y.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

650. Posted:

Considering Pokemarts are back and by the looks of the Secret Bases (as others have mentioned) stock trainers are used for multiplayer, much like every main series RPG did until X and Y, customization won't be back at least not in ORAS. Not a huge deal breaker for me, but I wish May/Anna(?) looked better....at least they didn't completely redo either characters, then I would have wanted customization.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Blast

651. Posted:

Not having player customization in these games is taking a step back!!!!!!!!!!!! How does a developer create a awesome feature and gets praised for it... then freaking takes it away in the next game?! C'mon, Gamefreak! Take away the overrated and poorly flawed concept known as Megaevoultions! But don't take away player customization!!!!

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

652. Posted:

guys let me present you the next evolution stage for the Pokémon series, I'd like to introduce you all

ULTRA SLOWBRO

Untitled

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

653. Posted:

The mushroom pokemon:

Untitled

The Stone Home pokemon:

Untitled

The hermit crab pokemon:

Untitled

Untitled

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

654. Posted:

Eh, in X and Y the default main characters were pretty... Plain. Almost lame (specially the male). I guess they made them that way to force you to buy clothes.
The big advantage they had and the thing I hope that returns is the option of choosing a skin color for your character. That was a step forward in the right direction and one they shouldn't get rid of.

Male players really got the short end of the stick in X and Y with the customization, too. They had like, no more than ten diferent clothing items and 3 hairstyles available compared to the girl's dozens of options.

The new Brendan and May are ok. I have been playing these games for more than a decade without customizing my characters, so I wouldn't really mind it if the option wasn't there.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Blast

655. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

Eh, in X and Y the default main characters were pretty... Plain. Almost lame (specially the male). I guess they made them that way to force you to buy clothes.
The big advantage they had and the thing I hope that returns is the option of choosing a skin color for your character. That was a step forward in the right direction and one they shouldn't get rid of.

Male players really got the short end of the stick in X and Y with the customization, too. They had like, no more than ten diferent clothing items and 3 hairstyles available compared to the girl's dozens of options.

The new Brendan and May are ok. I have been playing these games for more than a decade without customizing my characters, so I wouldn't really mind it if the option wasn't there.

I chose the male trainer in X/Y and I had alotta fun choosing outfits. It was actually really cool. The limited hairstyles was garbage, though. Choosing our own skin color is awesome too... but if choosing clothes is gone then skin color options are gone, too.

Just wow. Talk about taking steps back after success.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

656. Posted:

If I had to guess, its possible the clothes are still there, but it is simply much easier to streetpass the data of a generic trainer type for the 1-6 trainers in each hidden base than to send the custom clothes and genetic code of each individual trainer.

So that could be why the hidden bases use generic trainers.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

657. Posted:

I just can never look at Brandon the same way again knowing the hat isn't his hair. :|

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

658. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

It's a Pokémon game, what can you really expect? They've been lazy and unwilling to fix or improve anything in any real way for a long time now. Millions of people will buy it anyway because it's a Pokémon game though, so I think they're set - fanboys to the rescue!

Not really, when we've been getting games like Platinum and BW2 that have been making significant changes to fix the originals' problem, having a remake that refuses to do anything that wasn't in RS or XY is a huge step down, even for Pokemon.

Morphbug wrote:

Blast wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

It's not completely out of question yet, but the fact that we haven't seen any hint at it returning and that the hidden bases disguise you as other trainer classes.... We haven't seen any hint or indicator that clothing shops exist in Hoenn yet, either.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, if you've seen any concrete proof that customization is legitimately removed, I'd like to see it. Otherwise, it's foolish to assume that customization won't be returning simply because they haven't shown it, there could be any number of reasons for that.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Blast

659. Posted:

@Bolt_Strike The fact that player customization hasn't been confirmed is kinda alarming.... I mean... Nintendo could be using it as a cool advertising tactic for commercials. "Check out all the new clothes and hairstyles you can pick in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!!! The selection is huge!!!!" I just wish they would hurry up and confirm it. I don't like the new designs for the male and female trainer AT ALL. Wasted potential and the artists who created them should get replaced.

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

660. Posted:

I have no idea where to put this but..

Serebii:

"Pokémon - New Project

It has been announced that a special stream is to be held on August 26th at 10pm JST (2pm BST, 9am EDT) called Famitsu featuring Pokémon Special. It is not known what this project is, whether it's a game, a new manga etc., but they say it's a shocking announcement This stream will be hosted by Ayana Tsubaki & Bunbun-maru and features special guests Tsunekazu Ishihara, president of The Pokémon Company, as well as Nobuhiko Okamoto & Aoi Yuuki, who voiced Iris in the anime, and two currently unknown special guests. We'll provide details as soon as possible"

May involve ORAS may not who knows..

Edited on by MegaBeedrill

Bug Gym Leader