3DS Forum

Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,405

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

401. Posted:

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I'm more excited for the mention of "more Pokemon in Hoenn than there were before". This is the kind of announcement I've been hoping for for this game, Hoenn really needs a dex upgrade. Faith in this game restored.

If it's just some evolutions (Roserade, Gallade, etc.) of existing Hoenn Pokémon, that would make sense. As long as they're not going to dump half the existing Pokémon in the region and create another 300+ Pokédex.

I think 250-300 would be a reasonable dex size for this game, in that range there'd be enough Pokemon to solve the variety problems of the originals and at the same time, the 3rd gen Pokemon won't be overshadowed by the others. Just sticking with the cross gen evos wouldn't really help things that much, because the smaller dex size causes problems in the trainer rosters and the distribution that can't be solved without adding new families that weren't in the original Hoenn Dex (examples: giving Phoebe and Glacia enough Ghost and Ice types to form a decent team, putting more Pokemon in the water routes so we encounter more than just Tentacool and Wingull in the entire last quarter of the game).

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Octane

402. Posted:

The new Pokédex!

Untitled

Edited on by Octane

Octane

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

403. Posted:

Heh, gee; I wonder if that Pokédex is based off anything... ;)

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Octane

404. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Heh, gee; I wonder if that Pokédex is based off anything... ;)

Nice reference though.

And if anybody is interested, here's Brawly;

Untitled

Octane

AuthorMessage

Octane

405. Posted:

I don't know what to think of this...

Untitled
Untitled

Octane

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

406. Posted:

They traded character customization for pikachu customization.. really?

Edit: actually this has to do with contest, and this confirms pokemon amie returns.

How often do these corocoro release?

Edited on by MegaBeedrill

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha
Super Smash Bros. IGN/MII: This guy

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17

AuthorMessage

Octane

407. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

They traded character customization for pikachu customization.. really?

Edit: actually this has to do with contest, and this confirms pokemon amie returns.

The Pikachu is interesting though, look at its tail, male nor female Pikachu have a black heart-shaped tail. It seems a special Pikachu.

Also, first non-Hoenn Pokémon confirmed; Dusknoir. Phoebe seems to own one.

Untitled

This scan doesn't confirm anything new, but for those who are interested; the first five gym leaders: http://serebii.net/corocoro8147.jpg

Stomatopod17 wrote:

How often do these corocoro release?

Every month, on the 15th day. The leaks usually start around the 10th or 11th day.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

408. Posted:

Aye guys. Check out Sidney. Notice something on his wrist that wasn't there before?
MEGA SHIFTRY CINFIRMED!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

409. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Aye guys. Check out Sidney. Notice something on his wrist that wasn't there before?
MEGA SHIFTRY CINFIRMED!

I'm comfirming mega dusclops as well then.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

410. Posted:

That looks like a normal black jewel.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

411. Posted:

Morphbug wrote:

That looks like a normal black jewel.

Absol was Sidney's main before and now it's randomly Shiftry. Absol already has a mega so why would they change that? I think it's safe to say he's getting one.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

412. Posted:

Phoebe using a Dusknoir is even more good news for dex expansions, I can't wait to see who else is in the Hoenn Dex.

Also, I don't really like Brawly's new design, he doesn't really look like a surfer anymore. Most of the others are more or less the same with slightly different outfits. And those Pikachu forms look really gimmicky and stupid.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

413. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Phoebe using a Dusknoir is even more good news for dex expansions, I can't wait to see who else is in the Hoenn Dex.

Also, I don't really like Brawly's new design, he doesn't really look like a surfer anymore. Most of the others are more or less the same with slightly different outfits. And those Pikachu forms look really gimmicky and stupid.

+1 It's those sort of things that make pokemon seem horribly childish.

Nonetheless.. if mega shiftry is confirmed so is ludicolo.

Mirror B will now be one major threat :D

AuthorMessage

Octane

414. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Well, Dusclops is a Hoenn Pokémon, so it's only logical Dusknoir would in it this time as well.

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Nonetheless.. if mega shiftry is confirmed so is ludicolo.

Well, Charizard got two Mega Evolutions, Venusaur and Blastoise didn't. Blaziken got one before Sceptile and Swampert got one, Mawile before Sableye. Banette and Abomasnow have one, Dusclops (Dusknoir) and Hippowdon don't. Oh don't forget about Gardevoir, Gallade doesn't have a Mega Evolution either, same story for Gyarados and Milotic. It's likely, but Mega Evolutions seem a little random sometimes.

Octane

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

415. Posted:

I'm just wondering how many mega evolutions they're trying to give us.. we already have alot of hoenn ones!

Sceptile, blaziken, swampert, medicham, manetric, aggron, gardevoir, mawile, latios, latias, absol, banette, metagross, sableye.. that's already 14 megas in hoenn alone! And we're not done yet as it seems all elite four members will have a mega.. even if there are no new ones, sidney got absol, phoebe got banette or sableye..

I'm hoping drake gets mega flygon and not salamence.. salamence already was near broken last few gens.

Glacia.. I'm calling mega glalie for her or maybe walrein. Just makes sense to give glalie a mega with froslass being in exsistance.. (They'll be trolls and just give her abomasnow..)

Maybe like above said.. dusknoir might not get a mega.. and it would make sense as you have mega banette because banette never got a third evolution.. dusnoir on the other hand is a third evolution so it's kinda balanced out.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

416. Posted:

Mega Spinda and Mega Luvdisc will be ubers

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

417. Posted:

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Well, Dusclops is a Hoenn Pokémon, so it's only logical Dusknoir would in it this time as well.

Yeah, but there was nothing that specifically required him to be in the dex. Look back at HGSS, they only included 5 of the 4th gen evos (Ambipom, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Tangrowth, and Lickilicky), and those were only the move based evolutions that couldn't be restricted easily. Most of the Pokemon that evolved/bred by items simply saw their items restricted to post game, and the ones that evolved by locations had their locations made unavailable in the game. None of the cross gen evos in the original Hoenn Dex are of the move based variety, so they could've easily just restricted them as well.

Octane wrote:

Well, Charizard got two Mega Evolutions, Venusaur and Blastoise didn't. Blaziken got one before Sceptile and Swampert got one, Mawile before Sableye. Banette and Abomasnow have one, Dusclops (Dusknoir) and Hippowdon don't. Oh don't forget about Gardevoir, Gallade doesn't have a Mega Evolution either, same story for Gyarados and Milotic. It's likely, but Mega Evolutions seem a little random sometimes.

True.

Speaking of which, ORAS has been doing a lot of balancing to XY's Mega choices, they gave Sceptile, Swampert, and Sableye Megas to complement Blaziken and Mawile. And now that Gallade is pratically confirmed, I could definitely see him getting one as well.

Also, Gyaraods and Milotic were never considered a true pair, and Abomasnow and Hippowdon have nothing to do with each other.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

418. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Yeah, but there was nothing that specifically required him to be in the dex. Look back at HGSS, they only included 5 of the 4th gen evos (Ambipom, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Tangrowth, and Lickilicky), and those were only the move based evolutions that couldn't be restricted easily. Most of the Pokemon that evolved/bred by items simply saw their items restricted to post game, and the ones that evolved by locations had their locations made unavailable in the game. None of the cross gen evos in the original Hoenn Dex are of the move based variety, so they could've easily just restricted them as well.

Octane wrote:

True.

Speaking of which, ORAS has been doing a lot of balancing to XY's Mega choices, they gave Sceptile, Swampert, and Sableye Megas to complement Blaziken and Mawile. And now that Gallade is pratically confirmed, I could definitely see him getting one as well.

Also, Gyaraods and Milotic were never considered a true pair, and Abomasnow and Hippowdon have nothing to do with each other.

Gyarados and milotic are a pair because they both start out as useless ugley fishes.. and then both evolve into amazing, beautiful creatures.

Hippodon and abomasnow are parral in the fact one has sand stream while the other has snow warning.

But mega hippowdon would be saved for gen 4 remakes anyway. I'm thinking the same for gallade, and come on.. I think it's been confirmed by it's name alone yanmega will get a mega evolution that gen as well. Actually not bad.. as it can speed boost nonmega and maybe mega for tinted lens with an increased SpA..

Dusknoir didn't get a mega like banette because banette and dusclops were appost to be parral to each other.. and then gen 4 came and gave dusclops a new evolution and not banette.. the solution this gen was to just give banette a mega to make up for that loss of third evolution.

I'm just hoping diancie won't be the only gen 6 pokemon mega evolution when Z is announced.. then again I just cannot picture mega greninja.. not even a design for it comes to mind.

Reguardless..

Unless it's flygon, milotic, ralicanth, shiftry, ludicolo, tropius, walrein, or glalie.. we don't really need any more megas for gen 3. Those are the only ones who'd kill for a mega evolution.. and in fans case, would kill for mega flygon and milotic.

Lol, mega chimecho maybe?

AuthorMessage

JC10101

419. Posted:

I want a mega dugtrio. ^_^

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Death Note is awesome! So is Darker than black!

Twitter: JC10101

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

420. Posted:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Gyarados and milotic are a pair because they both start out as useless ugley fishes.. and then both evolve into amazing, beautiful creatures.

So? Generations do this all the time. I can name several 5th gen Pokemon that are parallels to other. That doesn't make them a pair, they've never been associated with each other.

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Hippodon and abomasnow are parral in the fact one has sand stream while the other has snow warning.

Again, never been associated with each other.

Stomatopod17 wrote:

But mega hippowdon would be saved for gen 4 remakes anyway. I'm thinking the same for gallade

Hippowdon I can see. Gallade though? It's practically confirmed to be a Hoenn Dex Pokemon, and the rest of its family is 3rd gen, so I could definitely see it having one in ORAS.

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Unless it's flygon, milotic, ralicanth, shiftry, ludicolo, tropius, walrein, or glalie.. we don't really need any more megas for gen 3. Those are the only ones who'd kill for a mega evolution.. and in fans case, would kill for mega flygon and milotic.

Lol, mega chimecho maybe?

Going by Game Freak's standards for deciding who gets Megas (that is, they prefer to give them to Pokemon that are popular or cool looking), it's highly likely Salamence will get one. I can probably think of a zillion others that they would give Megas (Altaria, the fossils, Sharpedo, Camerupt). Sadly, they don't prioritize giving Megas to weaker Pokemon that need them, so I don't think we'll see stuff like Relicanth, Tropius, and Walrein get them. I think Milotic, Flygon, and Glalie are likely candidates, though.

Bolt_Strike