3DS Forum

Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Showing 41 to 60 of 1,596

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

41. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

My guess is that they tried to come up with a name that had not been mentioned in fan forums yet.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/if-ruby-and-sapphire-remake...

lol

I guess they failed

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DreamyViridi

42. Posted:

Hmm... "A dramatic story within a spectacular new world"
Something about that makes me think that these games won't be remakes per se. Maybe they'll slightly rework the story so it's a bit more serious?

@Moorpheel - Don't even get me started on the trumpets... :P

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brewsky

43. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Hmm... "A dramatic story within a spectacular new world"
Something about that makes me think that these games won't be remakes per se. Maybe they'll slightly rework the story so it's a bit more serious?

I don't know, the world nearly coming to an end by harsh heat or endless rain seems pretty dramatic to me.

Now playing:
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | UP NEXT: Fantasy Life (3DS - Out on October 24)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

44. Posted:

Or maybe they're.....sequels? :o

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DreamyViridi

45. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Hmm... "A dramatic story within a spectacular new world"
Something about that makes me think that these games won't be remakes per se. Maybe they'll slightly rework the story so it's a bit more serious?

I don't know, the world nearly coming to an end by harsh heat or endless rain seems pretty dramatic to me.

By all means, but for the majority of the games; both Teams are pretty comical and could never really be taken seriously...

Mizore wrote:

Or maybe they're.....sequels? :o

Yes, they could be! Some YouTube comments pointed this out too.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

46. Posted:

I hope we don't have to wait till the E3 too see more of this game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brewsky

47. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

brewsky wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Hmm... "A dramatic story within a spectacular new world"
Something about that makes me think that these games won't be remakes per se. Maybe they'll slightly rework the story so it's a bit more serious?

I don't know, the world nearly coming to an end by harsh heat or endless rain seems pretty dramatic to me.

By all means, but for the majority of the games; both Teams are pretty comical and could never really be taken seriously...

This is true.

DreamyViridi wrote:

Mizore wrote:

Or maybe they're.....sequels? :o

Yes, they could be! Some YouTube comments pointed this out too.

Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Direct from the Pokémon website. Something tells me this rules out a sequel.

Also...."Playable in 2D. Some areas...playable in 3D."

Great. I couldn't make out the middle word, but the message is still there.

Edited on by brewsky

Now playing:
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | UP NEXT: Fantasy Life (3DS - Out on October 24)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

48. Posted:

Mizore wrote:

Or maybe they're.....sequels? :o

sounds too good to be real.
but it'd make up for the lack of Emerald.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brewsky

49. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Mizore wrote:

Or maybe they're.....sequels? :o

sounds too good to be real.
but it'd make up for the lack of Emerald.

Since when have remakes included the third game? Fire Red and Leaf Green, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, now Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Edited on by brewsky

Now playing:
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | UP NEXT: Fantasy Life (3DS - Out on October 24)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

50. Posted:

@brewsky true(I was also annoyed when Crystal didn't get the remake, though I was glad Yellow didn't...)

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

51. Posted:

Their page on the pokemon site says they are remakes, not sequels.

The "new adventures in a new land" could simply refer to the fact that kids haven't played these games before.

And that these games will posibly feature an extended storyline in a smaller new region, think "Sevii Islands". The mysterious souvenir from X and Y hint to that.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

52. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

Their page on the pokemon site says they are remakes, not sequels.

The "new adventures in a new land" could simply refer to the fact that kids haven't played these games before.

And that these games will posibly feature an extended storyline in a smaller new region, think "Sevii Islands". The mysterious souvenir from X and Y hint to that.

it could be Orre! :P

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

53. Posted:

I'm rather curious of how will the customizable characters work with these... They could....

A) Add exclusive new clothes and character models and update X and Y to be compatible.

B) do a) withouth updating X and Y (using the default calem and serena styles to show the players from these games).

C) Reuse everything from X and Y (boring).

D) Not having customization at all (more boring).

These are also the only games in the series where the characters have both parents, I wonder if selecting different skin tones for your character will change the skin tone of at least one of the parents.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

54. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

I'm rather curious of how will the customizable characters work with these... They could....

A) Add exclusive new clothes and character models and update X and Y to be compatible.

B) do a) withouth updating X and Y (using the default calem and serena styles to show the players from these games).

C) Reuse everything from X and Y (boring).

D) Not having customization at all (more boring).

These are also the only games in the series where the characters have both parents, I wonder if selecting different skin tones for your character will change the skin tone of at least one of the parents.

true, it's the only games where the father shows up....
I don't think Norman will change but it's possible that the mother will be different.


hope they add some cool stuff, different enough to have to patch XY. :P

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

55. Posted:

Although, seeing how every game since Gen V has featured some skin variety in trainers and leaders.

I guess they could change the skin tone of Norman too.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

56. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

My guess is that they tried to come up with a name that had not been mentioned in fan forums yet.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/if-ruby-and-sapphire-remake...

lol

Someone find this Ultra-guy now, before the FIB do.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brewsky

57. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

My guess is that they tried to come up with a name that had not been mentioned in fan forums yet.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/if-ruby-and-sapphire-remake...

lol

Someone find this Ultra-guy now, before the FIB do.

We must before this group of liars find him!

Now playing:
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | UP NEXT: Fantasy Life (3DS - Out on October 24)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

58. Posted:

I really hope they change the storyline to a world where Team Magma's plans succeeded. this way there won't be as many surfing routes :P

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tobias95

59. Posted:

Im getting this

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ninja

60. Posted:

No way they're remakes... These are def sequels.

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796