3DS Forum

Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Showing 281 to 300 of 862

AuthorMessage

Stomatopod17

281. Posted:

Although I like mega evolutions as it adds a whole new change to the game competitively, it mainly jsut depends on what megas they make.. they should've nerfed lucario.. gengar was strong enough without one.. now it got stronger, faster, AND an ability to completely force everything into perish song.. and only YOU can switch out to escape it.

Mega kangaskhan.. EVERYBODY HATES YOU FOR GIVING US THAT GAMEFREAK! It's like the most abused thing ever.. with priority attacks.. instantly at +1.. and capable of breaking subs and sashes, and still killing you is near impossible to counter.. and being immune to ghost type moves and only having a fighting type weakness is rediculous.

Basicly.. everything is fine with mega evolutions so long as nothing broken is added.. which they did already :/

Edited on by Stomatopod17

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425

AuthorMessage

Blast

282. Posted:

Everytime I look at the female and male trainer designs... I wince. Seriously, how the heck do we go from Unova's awesome design of nearly every character and get to these ugly images from Omega and Alpha? They look so dang bad. Like people can't wait to change the male and female appearance as soon as they get the chance.

Hire the artists who drew N, Cheren, Ghetsis, the Unova main trainers, Cynthia, and Pokemon Platinum. Hire them again cuz they knew how to create awesome designs of characters!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

283. Posted:

Looks like Tabitha the Team Aqua admin guy has been training with Chris and Ike.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

284. Posted:

@KiwiPanda His name is Brendan.

In other news, I hope the water routes stay expansive; that's one thing I love about Hoenn and it gives it a much better feel of adventure. How limited surfing became after gen 3 is one of the things that was bothersome, imo. It's one of the things I miss about it and look forward; the expansive water routes should stay and Hoenn should be left alone there at least. About my only gripe with them is the lack of variety of Pokémon found in them so I hope something is done to improve that, if even a little.

...formerly - Chriiis

Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

285. Posted:

Well... we went from this...
Untitled
To this.
Untitled
Brendan (thanks @Chriis lol) looks pretty much the same, and May... I admit, looks arguably worse. I don't understand how people can complain about Brendan, though. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually like his new design more, now... it's starting to grow on me <333
@Blast — You can't blame them too much for maintaining a design that was starring in the game being remade... D:

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

286. Posted:

I quite like the new Brendan & the new May, if May wasn't in such a weird pose she'd be getting a much better reception. The main thing they have done is age them both a little & update the art style (so they're not a dumpy).

So far all the changes make sense, adding in X&Y features such as mega evolutions, the main thing that concerns me it that Hoenn retains it's uniqeness. When Gen3 came out you could tell Hoenn apart from Kanto & Johto easily by it's style. If Hoenn is just a slightly remapped X&Y I won't be happy.

As for Groudon & Kyogre's Primal Formes, I'm interested... I really loved Groudon up until he got nerfed in Gen4, if they find some way of making him useful again I'd be appreciative.

Game Name: Danse
Pokedex needs: Pokédex Complete (718), shinies only.
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Safari Type: Steel - Skarmary, Mawile, Klefki
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter: DanteSolablood

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

287. Posted:

The designs are obviously more based on the original R/S ones (the poses are even the same) with some E details added in and adapted to better fit the eternal summer and water abundance of Hoenn, I like them.

My only complaint, for the lack of a better word, is May's bandana being transformed into a... Rinbbon-dana?

Hopefully the classic bandana can be bought.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

288. Posted:

Oh I get it now. Someone pointed out on Smogon Mega Sceptile gets lightning rod because it's tail is literally a lightning rod. It's an ever green or tall tree in general with a red tip, common practice used to protect tall trees. Huh, I like it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rensch

289. Posted:

I am not quite sure what to think of the prime forms of Kyogre and Groudon. Does it work in the same manner as Mega Evolution but with devolution instead? Anyway, we have Mega forms for the other two starting Pokémon, which I am happy about. My thoughts:

Mega Swampert
Water/Ground
Swampert has long been among my favourite Pokémon. I really cannot wait to have it rain death and destruction on Hoenn once again, especially since it can now become Mega Swampert. This new form has sort of a frog-like quality to it. Those big arms hint at either an increased physical attack stat or perhaps better defensive capapbilities. I am happy they decided to keep the Water/Ground combo, because it really is very useful.

Mega Sceptile
Grass/Dragon
Sceptile was always a good Pokémon, but was hard to use in your playthrough because it didn't learn many good moves besides Leaf Blade. Especially early on in the game it was a pain to use. With proper TM's and move tutors in Emerald, it turned out to be useful companion on Hoenn's vast oceans where Water-type trainers were abundant. The new Mega Evolution further builts up from that, it seems. Look at its tail. It almost looks like a tree. I bet that hints at increased offenses. The extra Dragon typing allows for Mega Sceptile to be less vulnerable to Fire as well. (Although Ice will be even more dangerous.)

Mega Diancie
Rock/Fairy
It has become somewhat of a tradition to distribute special event Pokémon in the current game and then give them a new form in an upcoming game. It seems Diancie is the subject of this tradition in these new Hoenn versions. Look at that huge crystal dress.

Prehistoric Groudon
Ground
This guy looks very similar to its standard form. The lava parts are a cool touch, though. I bet that will look awesome in 3D. Will it mean better offenses? Especially Special Attack would be something that I imagine benefits from this.

Prehistoric Kyogre
Water
Kyogre has a slightly more fish-like quality to it. He seems longer and more streamlined, hinting at a potentially increased speed stat.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

290. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Prehistoric Groudon
Ground
This guy looks very similar to its standard form. The lava parts are a cool touch, though. I bet that will look awesome in 3D. Will it mean better offenses? Especially Special Attack would be something that I imagine benefits from this.

I think giving Groudon some SP.ATK is the minimum he needs, in Gen3 he was amazing as he was able to use awesome attacks like Solarbeam, but as soon Gen4 hit almost ALL his best attacks became SPECIAL and Groudon has a poor SPECIAL stat... for goodness sake he doesn't learn any physical fire moves & he looks like a walking volcano!!

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

291. Posted:

Wasn't solar beam always a special attack move?

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

292. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

Wasn't solar beam always a special attack move?

EDIT: Double checked and you were right, I was thinking of something else (probably the Alakazam change below). Though I do know that Groudon did come out better from the way the split worked. :'3

As a sidenote, Alakazam was MUCH more powerful as you could teach him Ice Punch, & Thunder Punch... which were SPECIAL attacks despite being called "Punch".

Edited on by DanteSolablood

AuthorMessage

Octane

293. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

@Stomatopod17 Does anything ever live up to the original? :P (/half joking) I don't know though, I want it to be good and I hope they only improve and build on what they did with X/Y but I hope that doesn't just mean throwing in more Megas (they still feel gimmicky and tacky to me). Don't want to rant on about them but my biggest problem is that I feel they're just something Pokémon doesn't need and shouldn't have to resort to for the sake of "keeping the series fresh" or w/e.

Having said that if they change the geography of Hoenn I will be disappointed for sure, the only exception being tweaking the eastern half to make surfing more manageable (imo all they have to do is make the expanse of water smaller and therefore move the islands in a bit). They also shouldn't have bothered to change the trainer designs but oh well, at least they didn't replace them entirely (which I would hate to consider a better alternative).

Whew that's a lot to consider. Didn't mean to go overboard lol :P

The water isn't that big in my opinion, if you know your way, and take the shortest route, you can get anywhere in under a minute. I think the problem is the variety of Pokémon found whilst surfing. Just Tentacool, and sometimes a Wingull, and on a rare occasion a Pelipper. Sharpedo and Wailmer are Pokémon that can be found near the surface, right? I imagine so. They would be a nice addition. It's just that Tentacools are a little annoying, bulky, and the fact that they take neutral damage from Grass moves.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

294. Posted:

Octane wrote:

The water isn't that big in my opinion, if you know your way, and take the shortest route, you can get anywhere in under a minute. I think the problem is the variety of Pokémon found whilst surfing. Just Tentacool, and sometimes a Wingull, and on a rare occasion a Pelipper. Sharpedo and Wailmer are Pokémon that can be found near the surface, right? I imagine so. They would be a nice addition. It's just that Tentacools are a little annoying, bulky, and the fact that they take neutral damage from Grass moves.

Don't forget Luvdisc, they're rare but can also be found on the water's surface... and come in handy as they come with the heartscale which many of the move tutors demand. Goodness knows how much time I spent in RSE searching for Luvdiscs!

AuthorMessage

Rensch

295. Posted:

I liked how big the ocean was in Hoenn. It was the monotony of it that made it a missed opportunity. That's why I hope they add something to make it a bit more diverse and interesting as opposed to making it shorter.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Z64

296. Posted:

It's weird, Brendan and May have elements of Sugimori's more recent art style, yet Steven Stone looks like his artwork could have come from the R/S/E era

Z64

Nintendo Network ID: Zabba64 | Twitter: tastyzab

AuthorMessage

Octane

297. Posted:

DanteSolablood wrote:

Octane wrote:

Don't forget Luvdisc, they're rare but can also be found on the water's surface... and come in handy as they come with the heartscale which many of the move tutors demand. Goodness knows how much time I spent in RSE searching for Luvdiscs!

True, but I believe Luvdisc can only be found near Evergrande City if I recall correctly. Now I wouldn't mind finding a Luvdisc anywhere else in the ocean, but I think that they should stick as close to the original games as they can. But a Luvdisc won't hurt I guess.

Octane

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

298. Posted:

Octane wrote:

DanteSolablood wrote:

Octane wrote:

True, but I believe Luvdisc can only be found near Evergrande City if I recall correctly. Now I wouldn't mind finding a Luvdisc anywhere else in the ocean, but I think that they should stick as close to the original games as they can. But a Luvdisc won't hurt I guess.

That's right. :3
I love how some Pokemon could be found so rarely... now that I think about it, no generation made certain Pokemon as elusive as Hoenn did — though I wouldn't mind Feebas being a bit easier to find...

On the note of Ever Grande City, I can't wait to see the redesigned Elite Four sprites. The music (below) was really nice, too, and the look of climbing the waterfall to see Victory Road's entrance, a Pokemon center, and a bunch of flowers was always really memorable to me. :3

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

299. Posted:

Feebas is far easier to find in Hoenn than in Sinnoh.

I wouldn't mind if the original method returned, but the fifth gen made getting a feebas and a milotic a thousand times easier, saddly.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Stomatopod17

300. Posted:

I was staring at the PSS today (waiting for a passerby :/ ) and I couldn't help but wonder how players would be displayed on there if they're playing OR AS while you're on x/y..

Would may/brandon's face be the player icon? Would they have the option to look like their gym leaders and other characters and it appear on yours? Would it be compatible with pokebank? So many questions.. gamefreak giving us so little answers..

Diancie is getting released in japan but with what item? I heard just normal gem but why not release diancite with it.. is mega diancie just a last minute idea they came up with or has it been planned in that movie and such. Of course we all just gotta wait and see..

Is there by chance anything from E3 on OR AS or no?

Edited on by Stomatopod17

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425