3DS Forum

Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Showing 261 to 280 of 2,300

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

261. Posted:

Yeah I have to agree how horrible the trainer designs are.. the hoenn characters just don't look good in 3d to say the least :/

If there is character customization like in x/y I know most of us are going to abuse the heck out of it on these characters..

Edited on by MegaBeedrill

MAIN Pokemon X IGN: Joe
Other pokemon X IGN: Pasha
Pokemon AS IGN: Joe
Super Smash Bros. IGN/MII: This guy
Bug Gym Leader
(User name changed in October 2014 Formerly: Stomatopod17)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17

AuthorMessage

bloody_velvet

262. Posted:

Yeah I hope customization comes back. They aren't the best designs, but they make sense seeing as Hoenn is very Tropical. I can't wait for these games, I lost my Emerald cartridge years ago, so it's gonna be fun to explore Hoenn once again. :)

Nintendo4life! 3DS FC: 4167-5841-4337 add me. Nintendo Network: ALANZH

Twitter: ariel94lopez

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

263. Posted:

MEGA-SWAMPERT LOOKS BEAST!

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

Blast

264. Posted:

The trainer designs are horrible. Whoever created them needs to be replaced by someone who is good. They look awful and wayyy too young. Like 10 years old. At least the male and female trainers from previous Pokemon games looked like teenagers.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

265. Posted:

Brandon's design sucks. You can clearly tell he's wearing a hat now. All these years I thought he had white hair. MY ENTIRE LIFE IS A LIE!!

EDIT: Btw, Ancient Devolution. lol. The world is coming full circle and really feels like Pokemon is resorting to Digimon stuff.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

266. Posted:

Weeell. I have... some comments? To say the least?

On the side of Brendan and May's designs, I actually really like them. I can totally imagine these trainers diving underwater and going through the eccentric (at least in terms of main Pokémon games) adventures that Hoenn has to offer. I've actually always liked the GBA Pokémon trainer models in both overworld and in battle for some reason, but this is still really good to me. I'm completely against customization in this aspect... sorry. I would retain skin tone changes and that's it.

Ancient Devolution...? I'm sorry GameFreak... but you don't have to try so hard to come up with some game-changing feature every game D:

And then there's Team Aqua and Magma's character designs... oh my lord. They're kind of disgusting to me. I wish the old designs were kept. Overall, my biggest pet peeve with characters this game is their shoes, though. Brendan, May, the antagonists... all of their shoes are getting on my nerves, lol.

Steven is back, yay :3 I wonder if Juan will make an appearance... I'd love to see him (or possibly even Wallace!?!?) as a contest personality. Acro and Mach Bikes are part of the many fun details people love about RSE, it's good to see them back~

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

267. Posted:

Blast wrote:

The trainer designs are horrible. Whoever created them needs to be replaced by someone who is good. They look awful and wayyy too young. Like 10 years old. At least the male and female trainers from previous Pokemon games looked like teenagers.

Well, IIRC they actually ARE 10 years old as that's when your appost to get your first pokemon and leave and what not... I actually think they look older. May looks like a 30 year old on wrinkle cream and living on a diet!.. looks like a twig (but most female characters I guess the same can be said..). Also why a ribbon? WHERE'S THE BANDANA? Brandon's overall appearence just.. yeah.. standard calem puts him to shame.

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

268. Posted:

Digimon is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too cheesy than Pokemon. And to say, if "Ancient Devolution" is combining both Groudon and Kyogre together which it's going to be very weird. Like with water combining with ground. I'm tempted to choose Mudkip or Treecko as a starter. Which one?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Untitled

Backlog
Games I'm buying: Super Smash Bros.(3DS got, Wii U coming up), Pokemon OR/AS, and Hyrule Warriors
HYRULE HAIR CARE: MAX VOLUME SPRAY: 95% MORE VOLUME

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

269. Posted:

I have a tradition of picking grass types so I'm probably going with sceptile.

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

Tops

270. Posted:

I think I would have helped if the Trainers' were at least a bit more tan (they do live in a tropical region) and even May's hair could be darker, like her original design. I do however like Steven's design.

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

271. Posted:

@3DSfan134 lol! Pokemon is WAY cheesier than Digimon. Digimon at least had two whole seasons targeted towards an older audience, making them much more serious.

Can't wait for gameplay this Tuesday!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tops

272. Posted:

3DSfan134 wrote:

Digimon is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too cheesy than Pokemon. And to say, if "Ancient Devolution" is combining both Groudon and Kyogre together which it's going to be very weird. Like with water combining with ground.

Which would be Mud? Though I don't think anything points to them combining anyway.

PS. Don't knock Digimon. It was it's own thing, sure it went downhill but I feel like Mega Evolutions is Pokémon running out of ideas too.

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

273. Posted:

@3DSfan — Considering how many water types there are going to be, if someone found them equal and wasn't sure which to choose I would advise Treecko. You should look at the rest of the grass and water-types in Hoenn, it might help your decision :3
Here's a link to the Hoenn 'dex on Bulbapedia if you want it~

Also, was the male character's name changed to Brandon? Because I keep seeing it everywhere lol

@Retro — I just want to hear the music ;_____; It seems that everything is going to be very similar to X and Y so I'm not sure if the overworld will provide anything interesting to me other than a lot of hype.

Also just realized that the sprites in battle (or, at least Blaziken's) don't seem to be updated. So we can assume there are no new sprites, I guess...

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
~
~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

274. Posted:

I was hoping the new trainers looks like this.
Untitled

But I suppose the swimming gear makes sense with so much water.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

275. Posted:

KiwiPanda wrote:

Also, was the male character's name changed to Brandon? Because I keep seeing it everywhere lol

@Retro — I just want to hear the music ;_____; It seems that everything is going to be very similar to X and Y so I'm not sure if the overworld will provide anything interesting to me other than a lot of hype.

Also just realized that the sprites in battle (or, at least Blaziken's) don't seem to be updated. So we can assume there are no new sprites, I guess...

Brandon is the English name for the boy. It has been since the original games.
And I know what you mean! More than anything I just want to hear those glorious trumpets!! ;___; I really hope we don't get some gameplay with stupid stock music. I want that battle theme, some town themes, something.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

276. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Brandon is the English name for the boy. It has been since the original games.
And I know what you mean! More than anything I just want to hear those glorious trumpets!! ;___; I really hope we don't get some gameplay with stupid stock music. I want that battle theme, some town themes, something.

Oh. For some reason I really thought it was Brendan XD

That's what's been in my head as of late. I'll probably post more music for convenience every now and again when it gets into me :3

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
~
~

AuthorMessage

MegaBeedrill

277. Posted:

So who else thinks OR AS is going to be inferior to the originals? I'm saying if gen 4 and on didn't exist which verisons would you probably prefer. (of course we didn't get the game yet so predicting what's to come.. )

I love orre.. all the models were spot on in their era in graphics and design (except magneton..) Only thing I didn't like was switchins when someone faints.. DURING the turn... I want an orre remake on the wii u and not just a backwards compatibility copy for download.

and for those who don't know as they never played them all the models in battle revolution from gen 3 down were exact rips right out of coloseum, XD, and stadium.

Bug Gym Leader

AuthorMessage

Tops

278. Posted:

@Stomatopod17 Does anything ever live up to the original? :P (/half joking) I don't know though, I want it to be good and I hope they only improve and build on what they did with X/Y but I hope that doesn't just mean throwing in more Megas (they still feel gimmicky and tacky to me). Don't want to rant on about them but my biggest problem is that I feel they're just something Pokémon doesn't need and shouldn't have to resort to for the sake of "keeping the series fresh" or w/e.

Having said that if they change the geography of Hoenn I will be disappointed for sure, the only exception being tweaking the eastern half to make surfing more manageable (imo all they have to do is make the expanse of water smaller and therefore move the islands in a bit). They also shouldn't have bothered to change the trainer designs but oh well, at least they didn't replace them entirely (which I would hate to consider a better alternative).

Whew that's a lot to consider. Didn't mean to go overboard lol :P

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

279. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

@Stomatopod17 Does anything ever live up to the original? :P (/half joking) I don't know though, I want it to be good and I hope they only improve and build on what they did with X/Y but I hope that doesn't just mean throwing in more Megas (they still feel gimmicky and tacky to me). Don't want to rant on about them but my biggest problem is that I feel they're just something Pokémon doesn't need and shouldn't have to resort to for the sake of "keeping the series fresh" or w/e.

I agree completely. Especially to casual Pokémon players (i.e., for instance, my brother) it just seems like GameFreak is trying too hard to bring huge, new game-changing characteristics to the table when everyone was fine with how the franchise was growing already... Everyone (casual and competitive communities alike) enjoys new places, storyline, and Pokémon to explore in general with new games, and the latter enjoyed the new items, strategies, etc. that every new installment brought. I don't think megas were needed and make the series look desperate more than anything else... That said. No one can argue that we all still love Pokémon <333

end rant

Previously RedPanda.
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
~
~

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

280. Posted:

I legit want a good story with a nice and deep lore is what i want cause pokemon starting to feel less like a JRPG and now a Western attempt at a JRPG

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod