3DS Forum

Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Showing 141 to 160 of 1,438

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

141. Posted:

The thing is that they never add a battle frontier or nice after game features to the basic pair of games, it always comes later....

It's their way of making you want to buy the next games.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Blast

142. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

The thing is that they never add a battle frontier or nice after game features to the basic pair of games, it always comes later....

It's their way of making you want to buy the next games.

Hahah I know. I talked about X/Y with various other friends and PK gamers. We talked about how Gamefreak does that kinda stuff.
I'm not even trying to hype Battle Frontier up. Its amazing and offers incredible ways to battle. The fact that it wasn't in X/Y was shocking to me and my friends. It would have been PERFECT for X/Y but alas.... we didn't get it.

And stuff like good move tutors should be a mandatory component in EVERY POKEMON GAME!!! We can't even get the Elemental Punches move tutor in X/Y!!! HOW SAD!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

143. Posted:

Could OR/AS be a remake to Emerald?

My Home
Games I'm buying: Super Smash Bros.(3DS got, Wii U coming up), Pokemon OR/AS, and Hyrule Warriors
HYRULE HAIR CARE: MAX VOLUME SPRAY: 95% MORE VOLUME

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

144. Posted:

@Blast

Your comparing base games to the third version . Diamond and Pearl alone aren't that great either. Think I'm going to go and find a copy of Platnuim to play.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Blast

145. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

@Blast

Your comparing base games to the third version . Diamond and Pearl alone aren't that great either. Think I'm going to go and find a copy of Platnuim to play.

Please play Pokemon Platinum. Its my FAVORITE game of all time. You should enjoy it :)

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

146. Posted:

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@Blast

Please play Pokemon Platinum. Its my FAVORITE game of all time. You should enjoy it :)

I still think Emerald is the best Pokemon game ever it had the best post game content imo by a long shot.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

147. Posted:

@Jazzer Yeah, I agree as well that Emerald is my favorite of the games and had the best post game content.

As for people saying they don't see what is...different about XY, the story is also pretty lacking compared to the original pairs of the last three gens. It had great potential to be lengthier(by what actually is brought to light), but personally, for the first time with poké villains, I almost forgot about Team Flare at points.

With how much work was put into the new fully 3D graphics(which was a huge jump) along with their usual upgrades, I can see pass this as they are still great additions to the series, love the way online is handled, and I like what the story is ultimately about.

Fortunately, with XY done, ORAS will only be better, then of course Z.

Btw, to those who don't like the surf routes, just please take a plane far away from Hoenn then. I personally miss the vast amount of surfing and hate how limited the later games have made it. It gave Hoenn a much better feel for exploration and I welcome that back.

Didn't someone say they hope Team Magma succeeds to make less water, well maybe I will have to get AS too(my original was Ruby) so Team Aqua can succeed and make even more water routes! ;)

Edited on by Lalivero

...formerly - Chriiis

Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

148. Posted:

I haven't been on the forums for quite a while... but I have been waiting for this for years now. There are literally tears on my face in happiness... I just want to shout it all out, but that's for some people in a certain chat room to endure. (Sorry chatzy) I'm just going crazy-- redesigned character figures for the Elite 4 — whose designs I already loved --, redesigned Steven, redesigned Meteor Falls (!), new Ever Grande City theme, redesigned bridge (AND MUSIC) out of Petalburg Woods and into Rustboro... uuugh. I didn't go on the Internet yesterday, and now I feel like I've failed my years of Hoenn fanboy-ism... I couldn't concentrate at all in school today, and tomorrow will likely be worse, but I'm just so excited!

The only thing I could disagree with atm is that this thread only has eight pages :P

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

149. Posted:

Chriiis wrote:

Btw, to those who don't like the surf routes, just please take a plane far away from Hoenn then. I personally miss the vast amount of surfing and hate how limited the later games have made it. It gave Hoenn a much better feel for exploration and I welcome that back.

Amen! I can't wait to go into the Abandoned Ship! And no one can complain, considering the amount of surfing in X and Y...

EDIT: Also: DIVE o___o

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

150. Posted:

Oh yes, Dive back in its full glory! Way to make this wait even longer... D:

...formerly - Chriiis

Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

151. Posted:

I think hoenn will suffer some changes(the towns) because in Ruby Sapphire the towns had the Contests, in Emerald they had those weird tents with battle frontier like challenges. which one will it be this time?

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

152. Posted:

I think they'll retain the Emerald changes. So my bet is that the battle tents will return.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

153. Posted:

Serebii has confirmed these are INDEED some type of new form for Kyogre and Groundon!!!! Holy crap mega Hype! :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

154. Posted:

Perhaps the Red and Blue Orbs are actually Groudons and Kyogre's Mega Stones. That would explain why they react to them.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

155. Posted:

They don't necessarily need to be mega evolutions.

Remember alternate formes? Those still exist.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

156. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

They don't necessarily need to be mega evolutions.

Remember alternate formes? Those still exist.

i prefer form changes

Also hopefully if its a mega or a forme change it has something to do with the story and lore of the region

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

157. Posted:

I doubt that Kyogre and Groudon would recieve mega forms... they are already very overpowered as it is. There's not much to improve on there, which is why I just think it is some new form, like Kyurem-Black.

Thinking on the game, I have a few things I think they'd be smart to implement...

• Keep the old dex for the main story. This ensures it is a REMAKE and not just new game in the old world.
  • Give the Mega Stones and full Dex AFTER the main story. It just goes with my first suggestion, and maybe it'll be tat 'new world' they mentioned. ;)
  • Keep the current typingand mechanics. This is simple, keep ghost as a special attack, keep fairy, etc.
  • Keep the gyms the same theme, but overhauled at the same time. The gyms were amazing, I have fod memories of all of them, even the final one. e___e Alright, maybe not fond memories there. But the gyms had nice themes and paths and leaders, so to just take them to 3D would be great, with additional effects to bring out their uniqueness.
  • Streetpass should no longer be Pokemiles, but Secret Bases. Not sure if this is possible, probably is but maybe they want it to streetpass with XY as well, but this would be amazing. Getting this would be like AC:NL streetpass, showing off the homes of others, or secret bases here.
  • Keep the surfing. This may be a little, well, cumbersome to many, but it is an integral piece of the Gen 3 atmosphere. Wthout it the game just loses so much that it is needed. Perhaps a slightly more direct approach through the water, with more branching pathways, would satisfy everybody.
  • Keep the Battle Fronteir, with all of te original features there, but with more options. Maybe include some minigames within the fronteir so that players can do something else. The fronteir is fine as is though, mostly, but a direct port would be sad.
  • Contests... need an update. If they come back, which I think they will, they need an update. Maybe remove types like TOUGH or CUTE. It was very difficult to get those moves to all match up, and to win them all... so this is where Amie could come in to help provide strategy. Amie is necessary to provide access to Sylveon, so why not implement its results in contests? Happier pokemon get advantages in contests. Simple, and makes things easier to complete them. And you could use your favorite pokemon, rather than a trained one with odd moves.
    The last thing I can think of, involves minor, very minor, spoilers to do with Mega forms which are unreleased. This being, well, Latios and Latias. If you remember, they originated in Gen 3, so this provides the perfect opportunity to access them. There's no way you can get Latios and Latias in gen 3 remakes, while XY gets Mega stones, and npt let the mega stones go over to the remakes. So, in a way, megas are confirmed for Gen 3, as I see it.

So wow, that was long. But I really hope they nail this game, and I feel these would be steps in the right direction, for me. :3

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

158. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I never played the Pokemon games released on GBA, so these should play like entirely new games for me!

Same here. Can't wait!

Console Usernames: Rc

Not an "LOL" this time, but pretty cool.

Ashley is best AT.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Best Thing Ever

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

159. Posted:

Yeah, it's probably gonna be something like Alpha Kyogre rather than a mega evolution but I sure hope the rest of the starters get mega evolutions.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MixMasterMudkip

160. Posted:

I'm betting it's a form change. Like how the X and Y Japanese logos had a Mega Evolution symbol, OR and AS's Japanese logos have little omega and alpha symbol on gem stones. So I think either they are new items or a redesign of the Blue and Red orb maybe. Megas are possible, but I think those won't come until the post game. That's definitely how Mega Latios and Latias will work. Maybe Sceptile and Swampert will get one too. Since they only come from Kalos though, It'll probably be someone from Kalos who gives them to you.

Edited on by MixMasterMudkip

Friend Code: 5241-2232-9791
Friend Safari is Fire with: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixan
Mario Kart 8 Tournament: "Rosalina's Booty Cup" Code: 5852-0678-9577

Nintendo Network ID: MixMasterMudkip | Twitter: MixMasterMudkip