3DS Forum

Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Showing 121 to 140 of 2,283

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

121. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

They will have to rework the towns and routes to take advantage of the graphics engine. Probably make one of the towns to serve as a "hub" ala Castelia and Lumiose... Probably Slateport.

Although it isn't the central town, wouldn't it make a lot more sense for Sootopolis to take the Lumiose look?

BTW, do you have any room in your cave? May have to hibernate 'til November as well. o_o

Edited on by Lalivero

...formerly - Chriiis

Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

122. Posted:

Well so far, the "hub" city has been always been a big city blooming with commerce you visit early from where you can go to many places. Slateport was already a big port town with lots of businesses and eventful places. The port thing makes sense with Hoenn's love of the sea, too.

I think it would make for a very nice hub city, others that could do nicely are Mauville and Lilycove.

Sootopolis will obviously be gorgeous, but it is too isolated to serve as a center of commerce.

My cave is already full with food, sorry!

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

123. Posted:

I found it weird that they're set for release this year, yet they didn't even bother showing footage...

If they're waiting until E3 to show footage they might as well have saved the whole announcement until E3.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

124. Posted:

@Morpheel Oh, obviously Sootopolis wouldn't really be the 'hub', was just making the comparison to Lumiose/Castelia in that it definitely is the city that would fit with the '360°' look(being inside a crater).

Mauville seems like a nice spot with it having an entrance on all sides and being one of the more central towns but, personally, Lilycove would fit the hub role better since it has the art museum, the Department Store, and obviously(in Emerald, since they moved the entirety of it) the Pokémon Contest hall.

Slateport only really has the marketplace and Oceanic Museum going for it...though it isn't small itself, has stuff to offer, and is gotten to earlier on.

I guess that's the tricky thing about what to expect with Hoenn. There are numerous locations that have plenty of things to check out and in general the cities seem noticeably bigger than the ones in Unova/Kalos. It's interesting to think what they will do with such a beautiful region.

Speaking of Lilycove, it reminds me of that remix that they let you listen to back in your villa in Platinum:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRdeq1bMYmE

Edited on by Lalivero

...formerly - Chriiis

Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

cookiex

125. Posted:

MAKE IT RAIN
Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

arronishere

126. Posted:

Meh, a remake of the weakest main pokemon entries.

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

127. Posted:

Yes! A remake of the best main Pokemon entries!

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

128. Posted:

i'm looking forward to this since i didn't really play ruby or sapphire. plus my son is new to pokemon and never played them either.

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fossil Fighters Frontier, Story of Seasons and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse.
Now Playing: Pokemon AS and The Lost Valley
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

129. Posted:

This is a remake? Never played ruby or sapphire but heard of both plenty when i was in school year's ago. Might actually give the series a shot again. Mainly remember playing Pokemon Yellow, Red, Blue for gameboy be nice to see how the graphic's have changed since early 2000 era lol. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

130. Posted:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

This is a remake? Never played ruby or sapphire but heard of both plenty when i was in school year's ago. Might actually give the series a shot again. Mainly remember playing Pokemon Yellow, Red, Blue for gameboy be nice to see how the graphic's have changed since early 2000 era lol. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Didn't pick up X or Y?

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

131. Posted:

@Ralizah

Nope. Haven't touched any pokemon game's since literally early 2000 era back on my teal GBC. Only had 3 pokemon game's Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow for gameboy. The gameboy cartridge's were literally red, blue, & yellow. Which pokemon game would be good to start with? As in 3DS pokemon game's. :) Not going old school with pokemon want to start fresh with newer pokemon games. :)

I was thinking of trying Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - 3DS but never got around to trying it except for the demo of the game in the 3ds e-shop. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

132. Posted:

@Barbiegurl777

Try X or Y. Its probably the best game for a newbie or return to pokemon even more so than the Black and White games. It eases you into the series, has a more involved story, and the best selection of pokemon from every game thus far.

Is there anything to do once you beat XY. I beat X months ago and now i'm in the mode for some pokemans and I haven't really checked out the post game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Blast

133. Posted:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Play Pokemon Platinum aka my favorite game of all time and one of the best games in the Pokemon series. Its WAYYYYY better than Black, White, and even X/Y.

PK X/Y is not a good example of what a real Pokemon game contains. Its a good game and has alotta customization elements but it literally failed on various components of an amazing PK game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

134. Posted:

@Blast

How did they fail in comparasion to Platnuim. I meant the core of pokemon in the Collect, Battle, Trade, and X/Y are probably the best in the series for that ethos. Javen't played Platnium but Diamond is my second favorite game to GSC.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Rensch

135. Posted:

I liked how HG/SS was essentially a remake of Crystal, too. It had the additions like new stoyline elements, locations and items that were added in Crystal. They should do that here as well. The Rayquaza story, Battle Frontier, bigger Safari Zone etc. should be in this as well.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

136. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Play Pokemon Platinum aka my favorite game of all time and one of the best games in the Pokemon series. Its WAYYYYY better than Black, White, and even X/Y.

PK X/Y is not a good example of what a real Pokemon game contains. Its a good game and has alotta customization elements but it literally failed on various components of an amazing PK game.

They're not? So you're saying that most Pokemon games are fake? I don't understand your logic

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

137. Posted:

I had no idea "Genfourners" existed.

Interesting.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

138. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

I liked how HG/SS was essentially a remake of Crystal, too. It had the additions like new stoyline elements, locations and items that were added in Crystal. They should do that here as well. The Rayquaza story, Battle Frontier, bigger Safari Zone etc. should be in this as well.

I agree. I almost want to say that is more or less guaranteed.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Don't mind Dark Pit, he's just here to annoy the haters...
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

139. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Huh? What various components?

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Blast

140. Posted:

@Unca_Lz and @shingi_70 Pokemon Platinum has Battle Frontier and literally some of the best move tutors you could ever find in a Pokemon game. The move tutors in X/Y is a joke and the lack of anything close to Battle Frontier is sad. Battle Miason doesn't offer much at all compared to Battle Frontier. Battle Subway has some merit. PK Platinum was a good example of back in the days when the term "Legendary Pokemon" actually meant something special.

Have you guys experienced Battle Frontier? Its amazing and would have been PERFECT for X/Y.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9