3DS Forum

Topic: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Showing 101 to 120 of 1,577

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

101. Posted:

Kinda saw this coming with the Mr. Briney and Peeko reference at the museum.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

102. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

The backpacker in XY explicitly states he's not referencing Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova.

Who's confirmed this game is set in Hoenn? Lol, you are correct though, there is the possibility of a second region in the new games.

Game Name: Danse
Pokedex needs: Pokédex Complete (718), shinies only.
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Safari Type: Steel - Skarmary, Mawile, Klefki
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter: DanteSolablood

AuthorMessage

MixMasterMudkip

103. Posted:

@Bolt_Strike Ok, I think there is some confusion on what everyone think of one someone says 3D, but yea no stereoscopic. Also, now that I get what your saying I agree. The game should have some new changes before the post game. Like most certainly new Megas, but I don't think the storyline will have any major changes. If that's what you mean by a different storyline.

Friend Code: 5241-2232-9791
Friend Safari is Fire with: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixan
Mario Kart 8 Tournament: "Rosalina's Booty Cup" Code: 5852-0678-9577

Nintendo Network ID: MixMasterMudkip | Twitter: MixMasterMudkip

AuthorMessage

MixMasterMudkip

104. Posted:

DanteSolablood wrote:

MixMasterMudkip wrote:

The OR and AS trailer said "Game in 2D. Some Areas Playable in 3D." in the bottom. So no full 3D is confirmed. Also, while HSSS's trailer didn't say something to the extreme of the new trailer I still think it's safe to say it's a remake from the official site. I mean they could just had a new area like the Sevii Islands in FRLG too.

I'm thinking that the games will be in polygonal 3D, but not stereoscopic 3D (except battles). Considering the amount of NPC's in X&Y that were talking about a "whole new region/world" it's almost certain the games will be using the same visual design, after all.. if the games are this close to being completed AND the X&Y NPCs were had knowledge of AR/OS' existence then the games must have been in development around the same time... it would make a lot of sense to share the same graphics engine.

As for remakes vs sequels, the "whole new world" phrase means nothing as RSE are almost 10 years old now...they might just mean "new" to the 80% of the community who've never played RSE.

Well obviously it means stereoscopic 3D. Sorry if I was unclear on what I meant on 3D. Also, they are like 11 now, so yea it's diffidently new to lot's of people since X and Y brought in a lot of new players.

AuthorMessage

Clavis

105. Posted:

DanteSolablood wrote:

Clavis wrote:

Ugh... my OCD is going crazy right now... I usually pick up the remake of the version I prefer (Blue/LeafGreen & Gold/HeartGold), but this is the first time a remake has come out, and I still have my original Ruby team. I'm going with Alpha Sapphire, but I'm scared these might possibly be sequels that mentioned prior events in the Gen III games. x_x

I don't see having an original Ruby team as a problem in picking up the remake... after all, if you started off with a Torchic the first time around it wouldn't have had speedboost, meaning getting a new one is a good idea. :P

I picked Ruby last time & although I still have my old team stuffed somewhere in one of my carts, I'll definitely picky up Alpha Ruby. I just had SO much fun last time and it was a great region to EV train in.

True, I just don't like replacing old Pokémon... (yeah, I grow feelings for past teams lol). I've never used Treecko, so he is definitely my starter pick, but if these are 100% remakes as a lot of people have suggested since my post, I could use a Kyogre. :)

Currently Playing: Pokémon Y
My Haunted Ghost Pokémon Safari: Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, and Spiritomb

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7310-7727 | Nintendo Network ID: Clavis_Gladius | Twitter: word_janitor

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

106. Posted:

Remember to breath
Untitled

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage

MixMasterMudkip

107. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

Remember to breath
Untitled

WHY DO YOU TAUNT US!

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

108. Posted:

Pokemon Company used Taunt. You now must attack it ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

109. Posted:

Secret Bases + Streetpass > Pokemiles + Streetpass

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

110. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

Remember to breath
Untitled

Looks fake, they copy/pasted the starter selection screen from XY and that model for Treecko is really fugly. Also, my Katakana is a bit rusty, but I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire".

Prof_Clayton wrote:

That is fact.

It's almost hilarious how little XY used Streetpass (considering you know, the entire series emphasizes face to fact communication), I think they're probably going to fix that this game.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Clavis

111. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

SkywardL wrote:

Remember to breath
Untitled

Looks fake, they copy/pasted the starter selection screen from XY and that model for Treecko is really fugly. Also, my Katakana is a bit rusty, but I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire".

Prof_Clayton wrote:

That is fact.

It's almost hilarious how little XY used Streetpass (considering you know, the entire series emphasizes face to fact communication), I think they're probably going to fix that this game.

Yeah, the poster is fake. Bulbapedia has the Japanese logos on their site. They do not match at all.

Currently Playing: Pokémon Y
My Haunted Ghost Pokémon Safari: Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, and Spiritomb

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7310-7727 | Nintendo Network ID: Clavis_Gladius | Twitter: word_janitor

AuthorMessage

foodmetaphors

112. Posted:

yay. i actually just got around to restarting my Blue version (had to buy a GBA SP charger) and I've been itching to play gen 3 as I never played it before. This means I'll also have something from each gen, since I have the aforementioned Blue, HeartGold, Diamond, Black 2 and X. I also need to get into Diamond which I received somewhat recently from a friend. I pretty much completely skipped generations II-IV.

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

Twitter: foodmetaphors

AuthorMessage

MixMasterMudkip

113. Posted:

Iwata stated it was a remake at his recent investor meeting. The notes just came out. So can people please stop think this is anything more now? http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/140508/index.html

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

114. Posted:

So among all this awesome remake madness I'd just like to let people know Pokken Fighters might as well be confirmed. :P

http://pokebeach.com/2014/05/pokken-fighters-trademark-regist...

After this semi bombshell anything's possible.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

115. Posted:

I never played the Pokemon games released on GBA, so these should play like entirely new games for me!

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Tops

116. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I never played the Pokemon games released on GBA, so these should play like entirely new games for me!

I have played the GBA originals and trust me, with the engine of X/Y these will play like entirely new games to me too, and I can't wait! :P

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

117. Posted:

Untitled

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

118. Posted:

I just want to hibernate until november.

Untitled

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

119. Posted:

It's going to be interesting how Hoenn will look in the X/Y style.

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

120. Posted:

They will have to rework the towns and routes to take advantage of the graphics engine. Probably make one of the towns to serve as a "hub" ala Castelia and Lumiose... Probably Slateport.

Can't wait to see the results.

It will also be awesome to play the gen 3 games with the new move classifications... It becomes very hard to enjoy the games when the moves make no sense. (Seriously, Ghost used to be a physical type, why?!)

Oh, and the Battle Frontier. Let's not forget the original super awesome battle frontier.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok