Forums

Topic: Hey! Pikmin

Posts 81 to 100 of 100

TuVictus

Sounds very cheery and fun. Not quite what I'm used to considering Pikmin's soundtrack has usually emphasized more on wonder and the unknown. But, then again, this spinoff seems to be going for more of a feel-good type of game.

Or I'm being dumb and overthinking a simple piece of music. Probably that.

TuVictus

Seacliff

I'm not going to judge the game yet, but I'm disappointed that they chose this genre as a spin-off. If they wanted a slow paced platformer, I think a metroidvania would've been the better choice, not a simple point a to b.

However, I don't think anything from the trailer looks terrible by any means, if I were to skip this game, it's because I'm not actually that huge a pikmin fan to begin with.

Seacliff

k8sMum

@SLIGEACH_EIRE

Thanks for that! I also think it looks pretty good. I already have so many Pikmin souls on my conscience, though...that sound when they drowned. Shudder.

Pre-ordered from Amazon.

Edited on by k8sMum

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Sneaky_Beagle

I definitely don't plan on paying full price for this, because let's be honest, it's going to drop in price REAL quick. That having been said, this will be a great time at $20 (or less).

Sneaky_Beagle

Pokefanmum82

Wish we got it. Oh well next month maybe we'll get it in NA

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

RatKing64

Has anyone tried the demo yet?

RatKing64

TuVictus

I did, it was about what I expected. I didn't find anything particularly difficult or really that interesting, but it seems like a decent enough game. I suspect the developers are going to live up to their reputation and create a very okay game. Not bad and not amazing.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

RatKing64

@Operative2-0 Thanks for the info. I think I will wait until I see review scores before I decide on this game.

RatKing64

Linoshi

I've never actually played a Pikmin game before

...I wonder if this is a good series entry game for a newcomer.

Linoshi

Octane

@Linoshi Unlikely, as it plays nothing like any other Pikmin game. It's more of a 2D spin-off. If you own a GameCube, Wii or Wii U, you can play any of the other entries. I believe the Wii ports of the GameCube games are also on the Wii U VC. The first and the third game are the best places to start IMO. Pikmin 3 is very accessible to newcomers, and the first Pikmin game is the most simplest in terms of mechanics.

Octane

Linoshi

@Octane Is there any sort of followable story or are all the games standalone?

Linoshi

Octane

@Linoshi Yes, there's an overarching storyline, but it's not like you're missing out a lot if you haven't played other entries in the games. If you really care about the story, you should play them in order. But like I said, I don't think it's a big deal if you start with the third game for example.

Octane

Henmii

Played the demo (and the Miitopia demo). Surprisingly I liked the Miitopia demo a lot more (I might even consider buying it). The Pikmin demo was quite boring and didn't show anything new. I might still get it, and I think it might get better later on. But I don't expect a spectacular game.

Henmii

Linoshi

@Octane I was actually looking at Pikmin 3 on the Eshop yesterday, and you wouldn't happen to know if Nintendo do many sales on the Nintendo Select titles or is the price pretty much set?

I completely forget to look for the older titles on VC, I'll have to look again this evening.

Linoshi

Octane

@Linoshi Pikmin 3 is currently 20GBP on the eShop (according to their UK site). A fair price I think, it was €60 for years. Sales are indeed rare, so I don't think it's wise ro wait for a price drop, unless you don't mind waiting for more than a year. Not sure how much the Wii VC titles are these days, I think they were €20 originally, so maybe they still are. Keep in mind that you need a Wii Remote and Nunchuck to play the Wii VC games.

And if the Wii games are still €20 (or whatever the UK price is), I'd recommend Pikmin 3 (assuming that game is indeed only 20GBP).

You could also track down a physical copy of the Wii VC games, but I don't know how much they go for these days.

Octane

Henmii

Well, I have the game and are in world 6. To be honest the game isn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a fantastic platformer. But its a neat little game. 6 or a 6,5 may be right though.

Its a shame that I don't have a proper Pikmin game though. I should remedy that someday. Back in the day I tried the original Pikmin but it wasn't my taste. However, I quite liked the Pikmin 3 demo. Maybe I should give the regular games another try?

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

TuVictus

I'm only in sector 4. It's fun but I find I'm not nearly as drawn in. In 2D everything feels much less under my control. So it's tough to feel like I'm doing good or ad because of my own skills or if I just got lucky

TuVictus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.