Forums

Topic: PETA hates Mario for wearing fur *possibly offensive*

Posts 141 to 146 of 146

GameLord08

YellowChocobo wrote:

As a journalist...

You're a journalist? Well, that clears up a few things then.

Edited on by GameLord08

GameLord08

komicturtle

I think everyone knows by now that PETA is vulgar at what they do. Anyone saw that ad they made with a shark having a man's leg in his mouth with the slogan "Payback is brutal", or something along those lines. And this was after an incident where a man was attacked by a shark in shallow waters.

You ujust don't do that. It's morally wrong- and it makes it seem like they are "ok" with animals attacking anyone. Not only that, but PETA's track record isn't something to be happy about when last year, they killed 95% of their pets held in their facilities, only giving 44 animals to loving homes of 2000+

If they're not fit to "try" to get these animals to homes, then why hold them captive- especially that much in 1 place (as far as I know, that shelter is located in Virginia).

PETA knows that attacking Mario and Nintendo was uncalled for, but when Nintendo responded, then they want to back out? Because they didn't back out with their Cooking Mama: Killing Mama. Had Majesco responded, then it would have been different.

I stand for animal rights and I will never buy fur (especially seeing how cruel these monsters are with these poor animals). I'm also considering on becoming a vegetarian. But not under PETA. If anything, probably Pescatarian to work my way to being a vegetarian.

If PETA wants to get their message accross clear and dry and with at least some support, they are going to have to make several changes in the way they came out with their messages.

komicturtle

lord_hades

just to say there Tanuki campaign (not to be mistaken with tanooki tanukis are the real animal tanookis are made up) im behind them well first of all i saw the video of what happens to tanukis in japan its horrible the video shows them being skinned alive and what they look after they are skinned and they are left to die i didnt like it when they used mario to say he influeze it then they said its only a joke PETA do it the right way and just say its bad like normal people

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

skywake

YellowChocobo wrote:

Skywake, at no stage did Wikileaks handle the information that it received ethically. As a journalist I take great offense to people assuming that's what we're somehow meant to do. Watergate is how an ethical journalist behaves, not Wikileaks. Assange, at all times, was little better as a journalist than Stephen Glass.

I disagree (there should be more Daniel Ellsbergs and less News of the Worlds) but if that's the way you feel then it only makes my point stronger.

These not for profit activist groups often have good intentions but that shouldn't give them immunity from criticism

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Usagi-san

@jtt235: Isn't tanooki just a differant transliteration? They're pronounced exactly the same.

Edited on by Usagi-san

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.