3DS Forum

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Showing 881 to 900 of 1,122

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

881. Posted:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Because it saves your progress up to browser but not past him! Did you notice you still had most of the stickers you had before the fight?

So that level will always be incomplete?

Yup. I hate it when games do that.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

rayword45

882. Posted:

The Paper Mario series has always done that IIRC. It's an annoyance, but what can you do? Hopefully a patch of some sort if enough people request it.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

883. Posted:

No, no no, don't get me wrong, I like Sticker Star, and I actually praise it for trying something different, but it could have been thought out a little better. Collecting stickers is a lot of fun, but the coins from beating up enemies just feels unrewarding. If I wanted lots of coins I would play NSMB2. It's a cool gimmick in my opinion and people should stop shunning it just because it's not a classic RPG game but it just isn't doing it for me personally. We'll see if my opinion changes later on(I only just finished the first world, so there).
And the save thing is a frustrating thing with the Mario RPGs in general, so I don't think it will get swapped. It's still weird having Bowser in the Castle in PiT to me(though that doesn't affect completion stats anyway).

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

884. Posted:

The only major annoyance I would say would have to be not having the right sticker to advance the game. It's not like the game tells you what you need most of the time. It didn't really effect me as I always had the right sticker but I could see how someone could get frustrated because they have no clue what to do to advance the story.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

885. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

The only major annoyance I would say would have to be not having the right sticker to advance the game. It's not like the game tells you what you need most of the time. It didn't really effect me as I always had the right sticker but I could see how someone could get frustrated because they have no clue what to do to advance the story.

thinking? Effort? Not in my Mario games!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Doge

886. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

thtas what makes it fun! how do you think they play zelda? use your noggin!

"I wish they'd put Slippy in the new Super Smash Brothers" Said Nobody ever.
Check out my vine https://vine.co/u/1046821763767566336

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

AuthorMessage

Sinister

887. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I got this game yesterday, on World 3 right now and I liked from the start. What is everyone's problem with this game? Is it because you actually have to use your brain for once and think about what to do...? Or just "because it's different"? Gamers these days.... :|

Because the game is not what we wanted. We wanted a game like the old Paper Marios. And after watching the first teaser that was not wrong to expect.
That teaser showed a chain dog as a partner.
Now the partners are gone. The fights are not worth fighting. And the story is such a bare minimun that yo can hardly call it a story anymore.

Take a look at a playthrough of "the thousand year door" on youtube and you will see what we are talking about.

If you were waiting (like me) for over 2 years for this game and then get told everything you wanted from that game got scrapped because miyamota said so you would not like this game either.

Miyamoto went from gaming god to gaming insect in my opinion.

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

888. Posted:

Ya i remember that it showed a chain chomp with mario in battle but that never happened in the game.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

rayword45

889. Posted:

^And yet people complain about the NSMB series, or if we can divulge from Nintendo the COD series.

I personally like a lot of change. We'll probably get a Mario and Luigi title sooner or later, and I'd much rather have a lot of innovation then more of the same, even if it is quality (see my 2 examples)

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

890. Posted:

Sinister wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I got this game yesterday, on World 3 right now and I liked from the start. What is everyone's problem with this game? Is it because you actually have to use your brain for once and think about what to do...? Or just "because it's different"? Gamers these days.... :|

Because the game is not what we wanted. We wanted a game like the old Paper Marios. And after watching the first teaser that was not wrong to expect.
Now the partners are gone. The fights are not worth fighting. And the story is such a bare minimun that yo can hardly call it a story anymore.

Take a look at a playthrough of "the thousand year door" on youtube and you will see what we are talking about.

If you were waiting (like me) for over 2 years for this game and then get told everything you wanted from that game got scrapped because miyamota said so you would not like this game either.

Speak for yourself. I actually like innovation, and new ideas.
Also, Protip: Never insult Mr.Miyamoto

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

891. Posted:

KKslider posted a few pages back that it was actually club Nintendo surveys that caused the changes. He took his cues from a few thousand fans that didn't know what they were talking about!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Sinister

892. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Sinister wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Chnage, innovation and new ideas are all welcome. The second paper mario had all of that and still stayed true to the original. Sticker Star does not.
Don't change a working formula just because you can. Improve on it and make it better (that is btw what the nsmb series does not do anymore).

And i will "insult" Miyamoto as much as i want because he thinks we don't want story in our games.

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

893. Posted:

@Sinister: Who's we? Are you two people?

8 Bit Forward

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

894. Posted:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

@Sinister: Who's we? Are you two people?

I'd just ignore him mosky, he thinks he speaks for everyone. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

895. Posted:

Sinister wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Sinister wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Chnage, innovation and new ideas are all welcome. The second paper mario had all of that and still stayed true to the original. Sticker Star does not.
Don't change a working formula just because you can. Improve on it and make it better (that is btw what the nsmb series does not do anymore).

And i will "insult" Miyamoto as much as i want because he thinks we don't want story in our games.

You obviously did not read the full interview with the developers. Some of those ideas would not have worked with the sticker idea and the handheld set up :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

896. Posted:

What's with HP-Ups randomly appearing in certain levels after you play them a couple of times?

8 Bit Forward

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

897. Posted:

Paper Mario games (except for Super which really changes the story, oh look another game that gets hate it doesn't deserve) have had the same main story of "Peach kidnapped, go save." with something in between it; 64 and TTYD's story isn't that much better than Sticker Star's. Sticker Star gets to the point with Bowser wrecking the place and Peach missing. The partners provide different abilities and attacks but the stickers already do that job, and in some ways, the coins are your exp. You get so many when you get a Comet Piece for beating enemies which is why I pick fights when I'm ready for them. I fight enemies to use up my stickers if my album's full, get coins, maybe bonus stickers like the 'Throwing Star', and add to the coin bonus at the end of a level.

Sticker Star wants you to explore, use basic logic (use your brain) and take note of your surroundings; for example; you fight Tower Power Pokey in an arena, notice how the background looks at a baseball stadium. Or in World 1-5 Goomba's Fortress; remember when a Goomba used a Trumpet thing to wake up Bob-ombs; later in World 3-1, a sleeping Wiggler is blocking the path, how did you wake it up? Furthermore, Sticker Star lets you 'Run' from fights, both of the regular and boss variety (Keep pressing A until the screen is dark enough) so you're not penalised for not being prepared either. You don't have what you need to weaken Megasparkle Goomba? Retreat and come back later when you're armed and ready to cut him down.

This is me defending the game to the best of my ability. I've only played up to World 3-5 so counter-arguments are welcome but don't expect me to reply to them; I'll be too busy 'having fun'. :)

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

kevohki

898. Posted:

I just bought this game yesterday. Looking forward to playing it once I get done Resident Evil Revelations and a few Vita games.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

899. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I think it's mostly because "It's hard". Sheesh, do you WANT a game that you can beat within an hour and poses no real challenge at all?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Miss_Pixelheart

900. Posted:

I'm just killed by big shiny Bowser and that sucks I almost killed him with my all consuming goat. However this game is awesome and I don't care what others say about it (it still makes me angry though...) paper Mario is so awesome that i transformed my 3ds XL into this :D

Untitled

Untitled

i hope you like it :P

Miss_Pixelheart

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857