Forums

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,089

Henmii

After playing it a few hours I must say that I really like it! Sure it's simplified, sure there aren't that much supporting characters (only toads). But it's still a lot of fun! And it looks awesome! One of the best 3DS titles so far!

Henmii

Noob_The_Third

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Also, this game gets yet more awesome points. Has anyone tried using the Stereo (Boom Box) thing sticker? It doubles your attack but that's not what makes it awesome!

Yeah. That and the Turkey are my favorite stickers.

TysonOfTime

Dear gosh. I come back to this thread and there is a steaming pile of hatred worse than I've seen from CoD fans who play nothing else and hate Nintendo for purely existing.

Wow.
This game is not what some people wanted, sure. But the fact it isn't what you wanted makes it bad? Whoever insulted Miyamoto is completely asinine, it is 100% up to the develop and their creative freedom to craft a game how they want. And they did do that, and the game works. It works well, as long as you actually pay attention and appreciate it for what it is, and not what it should have been in your eyes.

The thing I find most sickening in this thread is the complaints of it being the hardest thing some people have ever played.
GOOD.
Ugggghh.... This game is a great addition in it's own right. If anyone reading is question their decision to buy it, just read up on it, and if you're going to get it don't make yourself not enjoy it because you're trying too hard to compare it to it's prequel.
/rant

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Nintenyearold

Gioku wrote:

Nintenyearold wrote:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

You beat enemies to get coins

And you use the coins to buy stickers, which you then use to defeat enemies. It seemed sort of circular and unnecessary.

It's like Little Inferno! Burn stuff to get more money to buy more things to burn! Buy stickers to beat more enemies to get more money to buy more stickers! But Little Inferno, I think, does a bit better job with that mechanic. Between the two games, I've enjoyed Little Inferno a thousand times more. Not to say that I didn't enjoy Paper Mario Sticker Star, though.

Yeah it does work. And I think I was a little harsh in my original opinion I'm still disappointed that it could have been like TTYD.

My Site : Nintenyearold.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code : 0946-2267-9354
Wii U : Soon

Twitter:

zoroarkrules25

True, i would have loved to have the partners back they make paper mario's story amazing in my opinion. Tyod also had some of my favorite partners to. I think that in paper mario sticker there was originally going to be partners but they never kept them. Anyone remember the first trailer they showed at E3, it showed a chain chomp in battle with mario. Since there is no chain chomp item you can use that may suggest partners were originally planned for the game. I really wanted a chain chomp partner to just like luigi had.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

DreamyViridi

Partners and the Sticker concept would get in each other's way. Partners might help you go somewhere, but stickers would do everything else.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

zoroarkrules25

I know but i just found that strange with the chain chomp.

Happy_Mask

TysonQ7 wrote:

The thing I find most sickening in this thread is the complaints of it being the hardest thing some people have ever played.

Worry not, Ninty made a formal apology for making such a difficult game, and is providing everyone who was disappointed with a copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn.
The creator of Ninja Gaiden spit on every copy, just to show how easy it is.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

HankLangley

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Partners and the Sticker concept would get in each other's way. Partners might help you go somewhere, but stickers would do everything else.

you know, i never even thought about that...yeah, i guess your right

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Spoony_Tech

Happy_Mask wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Worry not, Ninty made a formal apology for making such a difficult game, and is providing everyone who was disappointed with a copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn.
The creator of Ninja Gaiden spit on every copy, just to show how easy it is.

lol lol lol!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

TysonQ7 wrote:

The thing I find most sickening in this thread is the never ending amount of people asking for help

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

sugarpixel

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Sticker Star wants you to explore, use basic logic (use your brain) and take note of your surroundings; for example; you fight Tower Power Pokey in an arena, notice how the background looks at a baseball stadium.

Not to mention that at the beginning of the battle it says "PLAY BALL!", and Kersti wants you to hit him with something that will make a big "Crrrraaaaccckkkk"!

I figured that one out pretty quick.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Noxia

Got my email today to say I get the sticker book I had no doubts I got one though, registered it at 09.00am on release day.

Edited on by Noxia

Noxia

zoroarkrules25

Nice congrats the book looks really cool.

DreamyViridi

KINDA SPOILERS BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHO THE FINAL BOSS IS! ...ahem...

OK, so now I've beaten the Final Boss (beat the whole game with no walkthroughs too, it really isn't that hard to progress, use your head!) and I am just posting my thoughts.. TTYD is a better game in general terms but I had more 'fun' playing Sticker Star than I did that game. I can't really explain why, I just did; maybe it was because of the sticker concept, each time I used one I was running out of options and I didn't wanna run from the final boss, of all fights, it was do or die. It was a really close fight for me; after using Kersti's Power, all I had left were 1 page of 'Jump' and 'Hammer' variations, a sponge and a couple of Mushrooms; and since Bowser's face counts as a Spike Hazard (found that out the hard way), my 'Jump' stickers were useless, barring my 4 Iron Jumps! You could imagine what kind of situation I was in! The Gamexplain reviewer found the Bowser boss a pain to fight, I personally found Bowser more challenging than annoying and loved it because of such...

But I Digress, I really liked this game and enjoyed it. If I could change a couple of things though it would be these;
1. Kamek has 20HP in all three of his fights. In addition to fighting him at least one more time, he should've had more HP in the final encounter. (40HP would do)
2. After beating the game, a Toad is unlocked but he's just there to replay the credits. A couple of optional boss fights would've been nice; (Big Buzzy Beetle is optional apparently but he doesn't count) how about one with Wiggler that opens up after beating World 3, it would be a friendly fight to help Wiggler grow stronger, imagine it.

That's just my two cents; now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna use a guide to find everything else (I had 95 HP at Bowser, I missing one HP Plus!).

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Otto-Soq

Noxia wrote:

Got my email today to say I get the sticker book I had no doubts I got one though, registered it at 09.00am on release day.

Lucky you! I have the game here in a drawer, and wil open it next week. (nice avator, btw...is that from Secret of Mana?)

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

xBASSxMONSTAx

I sold mine last week, but I registered it two days before release as mine came early. Will I get the sticker book?

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Namco

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I sold mine last week, but I registered it two days before release as mine came early. Will I get the sticker book?

No, mine came three days before the release day. You had to wait until 09:00am before you registerd the game or else no sticker book.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Spoony_Tech

LuigiMan200 wrote:

KINDA SPOILERS BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHO THE FINAL BOSS IS! ...ahem...

OK, so now I've beaten the Final Boss (beat the whole game with no walkthroughs too, it really isn't that hard to progress, use your head!) and I am just posting my thoughts.. TTYD is a better game in general terms but I had more 'fun' playing Sticker Star than I did that game. I can't really explain why, I just did; maybe it was because of the sticker concept, each time I used one I was running out of options and I didn't wanna run from the final boss, of all fights, it was do or die. It was a really close fight for me; after using Kersti's Power, all I had left were 1 page of 'Jump' and 'Hammer' variations, a sponge and a couple of Mushrooms; and since Bowser's face counts as a Spike Hazard (found that out the hard way), my 'Jump' stickers were useless, barring my 4 Iron Jumps! You could imagine what kind of situation I was in! The Gamexplain reviewer found the Bowser boss a pain to fight, I personally found Bowser more challenging than annoying and loved it because of such...

But I Digress, I really liked this game and enjoyed it. If I could change a couple of things though it would be these;
1. Kamek has 20HP in all three of his fights. In addition to fighting him at least one more time, he should've had more HP in the final encounter. (40HP would do)
2. After beating the game, a Toad is unlocked but he's just there to replay the credits. A couple of optional boss fights would've been nice; (Big Buzzy Beetle is optional apparently but he doesn't count) how about one with Wiggler that opens up after beating World 3, it would be a friendly fight to help Wiggler grow stronger, imagine it.

That's just my two cents; now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna use a guide to find everything else (I had 95 HP at Bowser, I missing one HP Plus!).

Kamek was annoying enough without more hit points. First of all he turns all your stickers to flip flops. That means you have to remember which stickers you are using so you don't use up all your good ones for the real fight. Second if you don't get the battle spinner for three hits you run the chance he will regenerate himself and spit out two more meaning you will use up even more stickers just to get past him. I found that fight more annoying then Browser himself so no thank you on the more hit points!

The funny thing is I also ended my game with 95 hit points. I would have no clue as to where the last one was without replaying every level again. I'm also missing one door as well which for all I know is where its at.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@Tech101
Oh I didn't know Kamek splits up again, I got good with the Spinner. He does sacrifice his Max HP though.
As for your missing HP Plus; if you're anything like me; it could be in World 5-1, check behind one of the man-eating plants, there's a hidden cave somewhere. Otherwise, if you haven't already; go through World 3-1 and/or 3-10 again. Or World 3-8, there's a secret passage behind a big tree in the second section. Or check Wiggler's Tree House.

Seriously, there's 4 HP Plus Hearts in World 3 alone. I was surprised there were so many!
Also, does anyone know where exactly the Turkey is? It's the only 'Thing' I'm missing...
EDIT: Never mind, found it.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.