Forums

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,089

rayword45

^And yet people complain about the NSMB series, or if we can divulge from Nintendo the COD series.

I personally like a lot of change. We'll probably get a Mario and Luigi title sooner or later, and I'd much rather have a lot of innovation then more of the same, even if it is quality (see my 2 examples)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Happy_Mask

Sinister wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I got this game yesterday, on World 3 right now and I liked from the start. What is everyone's problem with this game? Is it because you actually have to use your brain for once and think about what to do...? Or just "because it's different"? Gamers these days....

Because the game is not what we wanted. We wanted a game like the old Paper Marios. And after watching the first teaser that was not wrong to expect.
That teaser showed a chain dog as a partner.
Now the partners are gone. The fights are not worth fighting. And the story is such a bare minimun that yo can hardly call it a story anymore.

Take a look at a playthrough of "the thousand year door" on youtube and you will see what we are talking about.

If you were waiting (like me) for over 2 years for this game and then get told everything you wanted from that game got scrapped because miyamota said so you would not like this game either.

Miyamoto went from gaming god to gaming insect in my opinion.

Speak for yourself. I actually like innovation, and new ideas.
Also, Protip: Never insult Mr.Miyamoto

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Spoony_Tech

KKslider posted a few pages back that it was actually club Nintendo surveys that caused the changes. He took his cues from a few thousand fans that didn't know what they were talking about!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Sinister

Happy_Mask wrote:

Sinister wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I got this game yesterday, on World 3 right now and I liked from the start. What is everyone's problem with this game? Is it because you actually have to use your brain for once and think about what to do...? Or just "because it's different"? Gamers these days....

Because the game is not what we wanted. We wanted a game like the old Paper Marios. And after watching the first teaser that was not wrong to expect.
Now the partners are gone. The fights are not worth fighting. And the story is such a bare minimun that yo can hardly call it a story anymore.

Take a look at a playthrough of "the thousand year door" on youtube and you will see what we are talking about.

If you were waiting (like me) for over 2 years for this game and then get told everything you wanted from that game got scrapped because miyamota said so you would not like this game either.

Chnage, innovation and new ideas are all welcome. The second paper mario had all of that and still stayed true to the original. Sticker Star does not.
Don't change a working formula just because you can. Improve on it and make it better (that is btw what the nsmb series does not do anymore).

And i will "insult" Miyamoto as much as i want because he thinks we don't want story in our games.

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

Happy_Mask

Alien_Mosky wrote:

@Sinister: Who's we? Are you two people?

I'd just ignore him mosky, he thinks he speaks for everyone.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

LzWinky

Sinister wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Sinister wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Chnage, innovation and new ideas are all welcome. The second paper mario had all of that and still stayed true to the original. Sticker Star does not.
Don't change a working formula just because you can. Improve on it and make it better (that is btw what the nsmb series does not do anymore).

And i will "insult" Miyamoto as much as i want because he thinks we don't want story in our games.

You obviously did not read the full interview with the developers. Some of those ideas would not have worked with the sticker idea and the handheld set up

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DreamyViridi

Paper Mario games (except for Super which really changes the story, oh look another game that gets hate it doesn't deserve) have had the same main story of "Peach kidnapped, go save." with something in between it; 64 and TTYD's story isn't that much better than Sticker Star's. Sticker Star gets to the point with Bowser wrecking the place and Peach missing. The partners provide different abilities and attacks but the stickers already do that job, and in some ways, the coins are your exp. You get so many when you get a Comet Piece for beating enemies which is why I pick fights when I'm ready for them. I fight enemies to use up my stickers if my album's full, get coins, maybe bonus stickers like the 'Throwing Star', and add to the coin bonus at the end of a level.

Sticker Star wants you to explore, use basic logic (use your brain) and take note of your surroundings; for example; you fight Tower Power Pokey in an arena, notice how the background looks at a baseball stadium. Or in World 1-5 Goomba's Fortress; remember when a Goomba used a Trumpet thing to wake up Bob-ombs; later in World 3-1, a sleeping Wiggler is blocking the path, how did you wake it up? Furthermore, Sticker Star lets you 'Run' from fights, both of the regular and boss variety (Keep pressing A until the screen is dark enough) so you're not penalised for not being prepared either. You don't have what you need to weaken Megasparkle Goomba? Retreat and come back later when you're armed and ready to cut him down.

This is me defending the game to the best of my ability. I've only played up to World 3-5 so counter-arguments are welcome but don't expect me to reply to them; I'll be too busy 'having fun'.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

kevohki

I just bought this game yesterday. Looking forward to playing it once I get done Resident Evil Revelations and a few Vita games.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

New_3DaSh_XL

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I think it's mostly because "It's hard". Sheesh, do you WANT a game that you can beat within an hour and poses no real challenge at all?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Namco

I'm just killed by big shiny Bowser and that sucks I almost killed him with my all consuming goat. However this game is awesome and I don't care what others say about it (it still makes me angry though...) paper Mario is so awesome that i transformed my 3ds XL into this

Untitled

Untitled

i hope you like it

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

xBASSxMONSTAx

Just sold my copy on ebay for £30. Good riddance. I thought it was way more frustrating then fun. The graphics were nice though.

I was gonna buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for 3DS with the money but then I just watched a couple vids and compared it to the vita version and graphically it was horrible on 3DS. Vita version wins hands down. Time to dust off my vita

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

zoroarkrules25

I want my 3ds to have that on it. Where did you get it sir_Anthony, it looks awesome.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

DreamyViridi

I've noticed a lot of name and dialogue changes between USA and Europe versions of this game. I know because I watched a couple of vids when the US got the game, I noticed the changes in Kersti's dialogue and just now found out the quiz name change 'Hit It or Snifit'. Maybe I'm being very biased but I feel that the european dialogue is better written.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Spoony_Tech

You're not bias. Different cultures. I'm sure we feel the same way about things. It was funny on swapnote or letterbox seeing everyone say I like fallblox or crashmo sounds better.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@Tech101
Fair point, I can understand a few word changes because said words are common here.

Also, this game gets yet more awesome points. Has anyone tried using the Stereo (Boom Box) thing sticker? It doubles your attack but that's not what makes it awesome!

Mario Maker Levels

Namco

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I want my 3ds to have that on it. Where did you get it sir_Anthony, it looks awesome.

I made it myself ^_^ you can create your own on gelaskins.com

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

zoroarkrules25

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I've noticed a lot of name and dialogue changes between USA and Europe versions of this game. I know because I watched a couple of vids when the US got the game, I noticed the changes in Kersti's dialogue and just now found out the quiz name change 'Hit It or Snifit'. Maybe I'm being very biased but I feel that the european dialogue is better written.

That always happens for example in paper mario tyod one of the house in roughport has a murder crime scene evidence in it, in the Japanese version but not the English. Also that sounds cool sir Anthony.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

DreamyViridi

Oh, I know about that. Japanese to English changes happen all the time. It's the American English to UK English changes I am talking about.

Mario Maker Levels

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.