3DS Forum

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,122

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,021. Posted:

I'm still in Drybake Desert. I can't help but feel impressed with the desert music in this game, all of it. Jazz music fits a desert theme very well.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,022. Posted:

Okay, time for full impressions, lol.

Graphics: They don't push the system's boundaries by any means, but the paper craft theme that completely permiates the game (moreso than any past PM) really adds a unique charm not found anywhere else. Also, there is tons of visual variety throughout the game. With the exception of the forest area, no two levels feel/look the same. Oh, and the use of 3D is brilliant.

Gameplay: I was skeptical of the sticker system at first, but in the end I'm glad they tried something new. Sure, I'll admit that I'd have preferred traditional combat, but the sticker system does feel fresh, the battle spinner adds a nice layer of strategy, and I never ran low on stickers (which was my main concern). Also (unlike a multitude of reviews), I didn't feel like the game relied too much on "thing" stickers. Sure, the bosses are tougher without them, but still completely beatable. Also, I was never in a situation where I was stuck with no idea of what "thing" I should use to solve a puzzle. I think most reviewers' problems were caused when they insinuated that you could explore the game world in a non-linear fashion (when you go through the areas in order, you'll find that you rarely have to use a "thing" sticker that you got more than two levels before, and when you do, the answer is pretty obvious, IMO).

Story: This factor has taken a back seat, but there's still plenty of that charming Paper Mario wit to be found. Whether it be a cheeky group of enemies, a bullied upon toad, random game show, amongst other things, such as the ongoing "Green Man" conspiracy gag, there's lots of funny writing & events throughout the game. Also, Decalburg is constantly changing, promting you to return from time to time.

Overall: It's not my favorite 3DS game, but it's still a great game, and well worth being in any 3DS collection.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,023. Posted:

I'm still chillin' in World 3 while some of you are beating (or already have beaten) the game. :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

1,024. Posted:

I just got this the other day, and I'm having a blast with it. I'm a bit stuck on trying to get the second star in World 2-3, but don't tell me how to get it yet. I feel like it should be so obvious...

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Otto-Soq

1,025. Posted:

I am near the end, but want to get all the stickers and 8 challenge flags!

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,026. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I'm still chillin' in World 3 while some of you are beating (or already have beaten) the game. :p

I did that with kid Icarus. I got it day one but took my sweet time beating it because I didn't want it to end. IIRC you took a while to beat it as well!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,027. Posted:

@Tech101, oh yes I did. I got Kid Icarus: Uprising launch day in late March, and didn't finish the main story until like late April.

Only, I have no problem with that. I don't like to rush my games. :D

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,028. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@Tech101, oh yes I did. I got Kid Icarus: Uprising launch day in late March, and didn't finish the main story until like late April.

Only, I have no problem with that. I don't like to rush my games. :D

You know you asked me in that topic to add you a couple of times and replyd and did but you never seen it. Do you still have room for another code?

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,029. Posted:

@Tech101, feel free to add me. :p

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,030. Posted:

Although I've beaten the story, I'm not done with Sticker Star yet. I've still got to complete the sticker museum, stick up all the secret doors, find a couple more HP hearts, and complete all the achievements.

Going to take a break before doing all that though. Need to complete some side stuff in KH:DDD first.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,031. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Going to take a break before doing all that though. Need to complete some side stuff in KH:DDD first.

What side stuff? :O

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,032. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

RR529 wrote:

What side stuff? :O

Finding overlooked treasure chests, completing Link Portals, trying to obtain all kinds of Dream Eaters, and seeing what Flick Rush is all about. that kind of stuff.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

1,033. Posted:

On 2-5, how do you find out the combination of the 2 stickers on the floor above the warp pipe? I don't want the answer, just how to find the answer.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

1,034. Posted:

Look at the walls for stickers that are drawn darker on the wall.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

1,035. Posted:

@zoroarkrules25 Thanks.

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,036. Posted:

I finally beat World 3 today! It seemed to take me forever but hearing the fabulous boss music at the end made it all worth it.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,037. Posted:

In other news, I'm stuck in World 3. :O

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,038. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Invisible blocks can be a pain. Not sure if that helps!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,039. Posted:

I see no way how I can get to the other side of the "broken bridge" in order to get to the 2nd comet in Loop Loop River. Not to mention I have no idea where all the Wiggler segments went, even though the world map tells me they're in W3-4. >:0

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,040. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

Invisible blocks can be a pain. Not sure if that helps!

Once again I repeat!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech