3DS Forum

Topic: Opinon of 3ds browser.

Showing 21 to 37 of 37

AuthorMessage
Avatar

geek-master

21. Posted:

yeah considering my 3rd generation ipod touch does HTML 5.. meh it could work on 3DS? im probably wrong

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

22. Posted:

I just used it to do a quick gaming-related consult (turns out i just had to trow a pot at the door!) and it was pretty good.
Pretty much like nintendo said it would be.

I mean, it won't replace my computer for internet, but i will certainly use it every now and then for situations like that.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Victoria

23. Posted:

Superducky wrote:

http://touch.facebook.com
You're welcome, those who didn't know about this.

I use the m.facebook.com version which works pretty well. Didn't know about the one you mentioned but I'll give it a try. Thanks.

I'm actually liking this new browser. It's certainly clearer to see which is always a bit bother to me on these tiny screens. I liked the column view on the DSi, but I found now that with the mobile versions of a few pages that I use, that zoom works better now than trying to adjust the font size on the DSi so that's better for me as well.

One thing that I still can't get over is the fact that the symbols don't work when typing in internet passwords. I've had to change my passwords on a few websites just so I could access them from the 3DS. Really strange Nintendo did that. I mean, what if you're in a country that needs to access those characters with accents over the letters? Because of that, I'd hope the problem gets fixed.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ernest_The_Crab

24. Posted:

abgar wrote:

I just used it to do a quick gaming-related consult (turns out i just had to trow a pot at the door!) and it was pretty good.
Pretty much like nintendo said it would be.

I mean, it won't replace my computer for internet, but i will certainly use it every now and then for situations like that.

Ah...the notorious pot and door Zelda puzzles right?

I've tried the browser and it seems good enough for its purposes. It seemed a little slow but that could have been an issue with my connection though (it has been getting some hiccups more recently). Well I suppose Nintendo could always add newer versions later on through a SpotPass.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ernest_The_Crab

25. Posted:

Victoria wrote:

I'm actually liking this new browser. It's certainly clearer to see which is always a bit bother to me on these tiny screens. I liked the column view on the DSi, but I found now that with the mobile versions of a few pages that I use, that zoom works better now than trying to adjust the font size on the DSi so that's better for me as well.

One thing that I still can't get over is the fact that the symbols don't work when typing in internet passwords. I've had to change my passwords on a few websites just so I could access them from the 3DS. Really strange Nintendo did that. I mean, what if you're in a country that needs to access those characters with accents over the letters? Because of that, I'd hope the problem gets fixed.

Have you tried switching your language settings? Perhaps that'll fix the problem?

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Victoria

26. Posted:

TheSolarKnight wrote:

Have you tried switching your language settings? Perhaps that'll fix the problem?

:) That wouldn't help much as I only speak English. The symbol I need is a curly bracket { } Those can only be accessed in symbols on the 3DS .... so, I had to change my passwords. I've encountered a few other people who had the same problem.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SigourneyBeaver

27. Posted:

I tried it for the first time this morning and I'm not impressed. Just as slow as the DSi browser. My connection is 10Mb, so plenty fast enough for web browsing. Definitely won't be bothering with it again. A complete let down.

Sigourney Beaver.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ernest_The_Crab

28. Posted:

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

I tried it for the first time this morning and I'm not impressed. Just as slow as the DSi browser. My connection is 10Mb, so plenty fast enough for web browsing. Definitely won't be bothering with it again. A complete let down.

I'm not sure what the average connection speed nowadays is, but isn't 10Mbps pretty slow? I usually see 50Mbps (wireless) and 100Mbps in the area I live in. Of course that could just be my own perception.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage
Avatar

warioswoods

29. Posted:

It is very fast (new pages in < 1 second) if you're loading sites that aren't overloaded with too many unnecessary images, tons of css files, and tons of javascript. The problem is that too many websites, particularly media and news sites (IGN is one of the worst offenders) load far too much dynamic content onto the page. The old art of clean, well designed, and lightweight web pages is long lost, I fear.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SigourneyBeaver

30. Posted:

TheSolarKnight wrote:

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

I tried it for the first time this morning and I'm not impressed. Just as slow as the DSi browser. My connection is 10Mb, so plenty fast enough for web browsing. Definitely won't be bothering with it again. A complete let down.

I'm not sure what the average connection speed nowadays is, but isn't 10Mbps pretty slow? I usually see 50Mbps (wireless) and 100Mbps in the area I live in. Of course that could just be my own perception.

Depends where you live I suppose. I'm in the UK which seems to connect to the internet with a wet piece of string.

Sigourney Beaver.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Victoria

31. Posted:

I live in a small village in the UK and I don't have a problem. I thought the 3DS browser was a lot faster than the DSi's. Yeah, it's not as great as a proper computer, but good enough for playing around with.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pogocoop

32. Posted:

I was just posting on everyones favorite English imageboard. Huge success in my opinion.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mark3

33. Posted:

Today, I was browsing the 3DS netfront browser to find some javascript games and some animations. Somehow, I got to this website below and scrolled down and found a video trying to play on the 3ds browser. My pc says that it is a .webm format video.

http://www.tapper-ware.net/blog/?p=202

3DS Friend Code:0688-5251-4891

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mark3

34. Posted:

mark3 wrote:

Today, I was browsing the 3DS netfront browser to find some javascript games and some animations. Somehow, I got to this website below and scrolled down and found a video trying to play on the 3ds browser. My pc says that it is a .webm format video.

http://www.tapper-ware.net/blog/?p=202

Has anyone tried this website out on the 3DS?

3DS Friend Code:0688-5251-4891

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

35. Posted:

mark3 wrote:

mark3 wrote:

Today, I was browsing the 3DS netfront browser to find some javascript games and some animations. Somehow, I got to this website below and scrolled down and found a video trying to play on the 3ds browser. My pc says that it is a .webm format video.

http://www.tapper-ware.net/blog/?p=202

Has anyone tried this website out on the 3DS?

It worked :O I guess that particular video format must not need flash or HTML 5! Perhaps there are more videos like this around the net.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

36. Posted:

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

I tried it for the first time this morning and I'm not impressed. Just as slow as the DSi browser. My connection is 10Mb, so plenty fast enough for web browsing. Definitely won't be bothering with it again. A complete let down.

It's definitely not just as slow as the DSi browser. You can't judge the browser based on your connection.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sgt_Ludby

37. Posted:

http://touch.facebook.com didn't work for me on my 3DS.

I use http://m.facebook.com

It's basically the same thing. It is very quick and efficient!

If we talk and have fun here on NL, feel free to add me!! (Just let me know so I can accept)
Nintendo Network ID: Sgt_Ludby
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298
Formerly known as Pwdrmntainskier