3DS Forum

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Showing 441 to 460 of 472

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

441. Posted:

LOL what? :D people are saying Japan gets worse games???? (TLS, Xeno Blade, Ni no Kuni, Prof. Layton, DQ, FF, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, TWEWY, Daigasso Band Brothers, Stafy, Mother, SSB, Pikmin, VJ, ECT.)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenzo

442. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

The only word I can use to describe the DS is: boring.
I mean, seriously, where's the pizazz?
D-pad? Oh yay, just like on nearly every other console.
3D graphics? That's old hat now.
Dual screens? Okay, that's just weird. What could it possibly be used for?!
Wi-fi? That's kind of cool, but I wouldn't use it.

Sorry. I told you I was a Fanboy-Hater.

So sorry that my personality upsets you. ;)

Nintenzo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Akantares

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

443. Posted:

Nintenzo wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

The only word I can use to describe the DS is: boring.
I mean, seriously, where's the pizazz?
D-pad? Oh yay, just like on nearly every other console.
3D graphics? That's old hat now.
Dual screens? Okay, that's just weird. What could it possibly be used for?!
Wi-fi? That's kind of cool, but I wouldn't use it.

Sorry. I told you I was a Fanboy-Hater.

So sorry that my personality upsets you. ;)

yah I see that stuff a lot to from fanbois, but I thought HM was a Nintendo fan ???

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HolyMackerel

444. Posted:

LOL perhaps you missed my point.

The DS was a really lacklustre device when it first came out. It was using average or even old tech for its time and it wasn't even pleasing to the eye. The dual screens seemed gimmicky and unnecessary to me - and to this day there are DS games being released which simply do not need the touch screen. I wasn't interested in the DS at all until the DS Lite came out and by then they had snazzed up the device, released a number of good games and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection was finally fully operational with IIRC 6 online-capable games. (Anyone else remember that wonderful old Nintendo WFC website? :))

The DS certainly didn't have as much going for it as the NGP does, yet look how it ended up. One of the best-selling portables of all time and a brilliant library filled with games appealing to many different types of gamers.

At the end of the day it was the games that sold me on the DS, not its tech. At the end of the day the NGP's games will (or won't) sell me on it too, regardless of how advanced its processor is and how much it innovates and whatnot. And with the recent offerings from the PS3 and PSP I have high expectations for the NGP. The proof is in the pudding - not in the, er, pudding mould. :P

Untitled

Yes I do like Nintendo, but I'm also fairly neutral when it comes to the different console manufacturers. I've owned and enjoyed Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles over the years.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenzo

445. Posted:

Well, I do see what you mean about the original DS being lackluster (or lacklustre).
Terribly sorry for exploding in a swirling torrent of fanboyish qualities. ;)

Nintenzo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Akantares

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tylr

446. Posted:

From a neutral point of view, i don't see how the NGP will fare well in the handheld market. Honestly, it looks like a PSP reshaped with a few new gimmicks. There's nothing really new or exciting aside from the touch screen on the back which may throw in a new element and the enhanced graphics. But touch screens? That's a regular. 3G? You got a phone for that.
Huge size? What about fitting it in your pocket? "Streetpass"? (or whatever you call it) Awesome. Blu-ray? Hey, that's neat. No backwards compatibility? That's an upsetter. PS3 graphics? Cool! Does it look appealing? Well, if you're the diehard Sony fanboy type, then its a definate yes. Otherwise, not certain...

3DS from a neutral view:

A new handheld with 3D capabilities and a circle pad with a handheld graphical makeover. Pre-installed with cool apps and gimmicks including 3D photo taking capabilities. Has backwards capatibility with the DS and has an extendedable stylus. Looks just like another DS though...with low battery time.

3D and touch screen? Well, the touch screen was expected but the 3D screen will be awesome. Built-in gyroscrope and motion sensor? Cool!
Virtual Console Ware and E-shop? That'll be useful. 3D slider? I'll be making good use of that.
D-pad, ABYX buttons, and circle pad? Hey that kinda looks like the DS...somewhat.
3D photos? Nice.
Streetpass? FTW.
Bigger top screen? Hey, that looks...kinda off. But whatever.
Software Lineup? Eh, wish it had a AAA title at/near launch. Battery Time? Guess i'll be charging it a lot. Is it appealing? Well yeah, they make it look good, but looks too much like a regular old DS. Buy it if you're looking for something that'll sastisfy just enough.

Those are my neutral opinions, though i pick Nintendo over Sony. You don't have to agree with me.

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

447. Posted:

Tylr wrote:

From a neutral point of view, i don't see how the NGP will fare well in the handheld market. Honestly, it looks like a PSP reshaped with a few new gimmicks. There's nothing really new or exciting aside from the touch screen on the back which may throw in a new element and the enhanced graphics. But touch screens? That's a regular. 3G? You got a phone for that.
Huge size? What about fitting it in your pocket? "Streetpass"? (or whatever you call it) Awesome. Blu-ray? Hey, that's neat. No backwards compatibility? That's an upsetter. PS3 graphics? Cool! Does it look appealing? Well, if you're the diehard Sony fanboy type, then its a definate yes. Otherwise, not certain...

3DS from a neutral view:

A new handheld with 3D capabilities and a circle pad with a handheld graphical makeover. Pre-installed with cool apps and gimmicks including 3D photo taking capabilities. Has backwards capatibility with the DS and has an extendedable stylus. Looks just like another DS though...with low battery time.

3D and touch screen? Well, the touch screen was expected but the 3D screen will be awesome. Built-in gyroscrope and motion sensor? Cool!
Virtual Console Ware and E-shop? That'll be useful. 3D slider? I'll be making good use of that.
D-pad, ABYX buttons, and circle pad? Hey that kinda looks like the DS...somewhat.
3D photos? Nice.
Streetpass? FTW.
Bigger top screen? Hey, that looks...kinda off. But whatever.
Software Lineup? Eh, wish it had a AAA title at/near launch. Battery Time? Guess i'll be charging it a lot. Is it appealing? Well yeah, they make it look good, but looks too much like a regular old DS. Buy it if you're looking for something that'll sastisfy just enough.

Those are my neutral opinions, though i pick Nintendo over Sony. You don't have to agree with me.

I don't know about you but I think the 3DS is a reshaped DS if you ask me.
Untitled
compared to...
Untitled
:p
And how do you give credit to a system for having buttons?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tylr

448. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Tylr wrote:

From a neutral point of view, i don't see how the NGP will fare well in the handheld market. Honestly, it looks like a PSP reshaped with a few new gimmicks. There's nothing really new or exciting aside from the touch screen on the back which may throw in a new element and the enhanced graphics. But touch screens? That's a regular. 3G? You got a phone for that.
Huge size? What about fitting it in your pocket? "Streetpass"? (or whatever you call it) Awesome. Blu-ray? Hey, that's neat. No backwards compatibility? That's an upsetter. PS3 graphics? Cool! Does it look appealing? Well, if you're the diehard Sony fanboy type, then its a definate yes. Otherwise, not certain...

3DS from a neutral view:

A new handheld with 3D capabilities and a circle pad with a handheld graphical makeover. Pre-installed with cool apps and gimmicks including 3D photo taking capabilities. Has backwards capatibility with the DS and has an extendedable stylus. Looks just like another DS though...with low battery time.

3D and touch screen? Well, the touch screen was expected but the 3D screen will be awesome. Built-in gyroscrope and motion sensor? Cool!
Virtual Console Ware and E-shop? That'll be useful. 3D slider? I'll be making good use of that.
D-pad, ABYX buttons, and circle pad? Hey that kinda looks like the DS...somewhat.
3D photos? Nice.
Streetpass? FTW.
Bigger top screen? Hey, that looks...kinda off. But whatever.
Software Lineup? Eh, wish it had a AAA title at/near launch. Battery Time? Guess i'll be charging it a lot. Is it appealing? Well yeah, they make it look good, but looks too much like a regular old DS. Buy it if you're looking for something that'll sastisfy just enough.

Those are my neutral opinions, though i pick Nintendo over Sony. You don't have to agree with me.

I don't know about you but I think the 3DS is a reshaped DS if you ask me.
Untitled
compared to...
Untitled
:p
And how do you give credit to a system for having buttons?

That's what i mean by the 3DS looking a bit like the regular DS; and buttons are the feel and controls of the system so...yeah. But looking at the older 3DS prototypes, the 3DS looked even more like a DS. ;)

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

449. Posted:

Neutral towards nintendo and Sony? Your post says otherwise :P

Sure this upcoming generation looks similar to the last one, but then again the Game Boy line didn't change that much either

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

450. Posted:

I honestly could care less about Streetpass! :O

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

451. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

I honestly could care less about Streetpass! :O

Yeah, StreetPass sounds useless.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

452. Posted:

Tylr wrote:

From a neutral point of view, i don't see how the NGP will fare well in the handheld market. Honestly, it looks like a PSP reshaped with a few new gimmicks. There's nothing really new or exciting aside from the touch screen on the back which may throw in a new element and the enhanced graphics. But touch screens? That's a regular. 3G? You got a phone for that.
Huge size? What about fitting it in your pocket? "Streetpass"? (or whatever you call it) Awesome. Blu-ray? Hey, that's neat. No backwards compatibility? That's an upsetter. PS3 graphics? Cool! Does it look appealing? Well, if you're the diehard Sony fanboy type, then its a definate yes. Otherwise, not certain...

3DS from a neutral view:

A new handheld with 3D capabilities and a circle pad with a handheld graphical makeover. Pre-installed with cool apps and gimmicks including 3D photo taking capabilities. Has backwards capatibility with the DS and has an extendedable stylus. Looks just like another DS though...with low battery time.

3D and touch screen? Well, the touch screen was expected but the 3D screen will be awesome. Built-in gyroscrope and motion sensor? Cool!
Virtual Console Ware and E-shop? That'll be useful. 3D slider? I'll be making good use of that.
D-pad, ABYX buttons, and circle pad? Hey that kinda looks like the DS...somewhat.
3D photos? Nice.
Streetpass? FTW.
Bigger top screen? Hey, that looks...kinda off. But whatever.
Software Lineup? Eh, wish it had a AAA title at/near launch. Battery Time? Guess i'll be charging it a lot. Is it appealing? Well yeah, they make it look good, but looks too much like a regular old DS. Buy it if you're looking for something that'll sastisfy just enough.

Those are my neutral opinions, though i pick Nintendo over Sony. You don't have to agree with me.

Yeah, that's not neutral. For one, you've made factual mistakes about the NGP that shows that you clearly haven't paid much attention to it.

The NGP does not support Blu Ray - it's not that big. The NGP is backwards compatible with everything the PSP can access on the PlayStation Network - that includes Comics, Movies, PSP games, minis and PSOne classics.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

453. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

I honestly could care less about Streetpass! :O

Yeah, StreetPass sounds useless.

That's designed with the Japanese market in mind, where you can and do pass a constant stream of people carrying gaming consoles around.

As such, in Japan it WOULD kinda be cool to get home at night to find a bunch of businessmen, schoolgirls and cosplay nutters' Miis/ racing ghost data sitting on your 3DS.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SwerdMurd

454. Posted:

@Tylr - there's no such thing as neutral opinions or a neutral point of view....I hope you realize that. If you have a point of view in the first place, it's biased. It's also clear as day that your tone completely shifts the second you mention the 3DS.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Keroro1979

455. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

I honestly could care less about Streetpass! :O

I think you mean "couldn't" care less. Ie. it is impossible for you to care less than you do about the feature.

Back on topic, both systems will have great games. And the NGP will be better for FPS. The rear touch panel is bloody daft though.

Keroro1979

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

456. Posted:

Keroro1979 wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

I honestly could care less about Streetpass! :O

I think you mean "couldn't" care less. Ie. it is impossible for you to care less than you do about the feature.

but how do you know he's not actually super-stoked about the feature and everyone else just mistook his meaning? :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

457. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Keroro1979 wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

I honestly could care less about Streetpass! :O

I think you mean "couldn't" care less. Ie. it is impossible for you to care less than you do about the feature.

but how do you know he's not actually super-stoked about the feature and everyone else just mistook his meaning? :3

This is a good point - Slappy, are you going to Japan soon :O

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

458. Posted:

Keroro1979 wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

I honestly could care less about Streetpass! :O

I think you mean "couldn't" care less. Ie. it is impossible for you to care less than you do about the feature.

Back on topic, both systems will have great games. And the NGP will be better for FPS. The rear touch panel is bloody daft though.

I heard it's SUPPOSED to be "I could care less" not couldn't. Because if you couldn't care less, then... Well, you just can't do what you WANT to do and it is CARE less...

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

459. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Keroro1979 wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

I honestly could care less about Streetpass! :O

I think you mean "couldn't" care less. Ie. it is impossible for you to care less than you do about the feature.

but how do you know he's not actually super-stoked about the feature and everyone else just mistook his meaning? :3

This is a good point - Slappy, are you going to Japan soon :O

Bags are packed, and flying out in the morning! Now where is my 3DS?

In Japan there is a huge market for Streetpass as Waltz stated. Another thing is that with NGP and its 3G capabilities, it's not aimed at America. Our 3G services are actually quite weak for online gaming as we are primarily WiFi centered. In Japan and other Asian countries 3G is the norm, and that is where Sony will primarily focus on 3G connectivity. Just mean a cheaper NGP for me! :)

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HolyMackerel

460. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Yeah, StreetPass sounds useless.

That's designed with the Japanese market in mind, where you can and do pass a constant stream of people carrying gaming consoles around.

It would also work well in other Asian cities too. Singapore, Hong Kong and Seoul in particular. I can see it doing well in the more pedestrianised European cities too.

WaltzElf wrote:

As such, in Japan it WOULD kinda be cool to get home at night to find a bunch of businessmen, schoolgirls and cosplay nutters' Miis/ racing ghost data sitting on your 3DS.

Yep, because Japan is only populated by businessmen, schoolgirls and cosplayers. ;) No wonder its population growth is slowing!

EDIT: Not this again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042