Forums

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Posts 441 to 453 of 453

HolyMackerel

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Yeah, StreetPass sounds useless.

That's designed with the Japanese market in mind, where you can and do pass a constant stream of people carrying gaming consoles around.

It would also work well in other Asian cities too. Singapore, Hong Kong and Seoul in particular. I can see it doing well in the more pedestrianised European cities too.

WaltzElf wrote:

As such, in Japan it WOULD kinda be cool to get home at night to find a bunch of businessmen, schoolgirls and cosplay nutters' Miis/ racing ghost data sitting on your 3DS.

Yep, because Japan is only populated by businessmen, schoolgirls and cosplayers. No wonder its population growth is slowing!

EDIT: Not this again...

[youtube:om7O0MFkmpw]

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Bankai

I agree that there are some other cities outside of Japan where Streetpass will work well... Just not sure Nintendo developed it with those places in mind. Japanese games companies traditionally don't care about other Asian markets, rife with piracy as they are (Seoul aside, potentially), and European cities such as Paris would be just a lucky bonus for Nintendo.

I guess the point I'm making is, when Nintendo developed the 3DS, I'm fairly certain that feature is for Tokyo first, and then if others in the world benefit, so much the better.

And if there were other types of people that are in japan, I failed to notice when I was there

outrun2sp

There is no way im going to get a totally 3d machine. I still think it can do damage to the eyes later down the line. This whole 3d thing to me im just not interested in.

Im gonna play it safe with the sony handheld.

F Zero GX fan forever

LEGEND_MARIOID

You don't HAVE to play the Ninty 3DS in 3D

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

HolyMackerel

@WaltzElf
Untitled

Yep, that accounts for complete list of all 4 types of people in Japan.

HolyMackerel

komicturtle

Anyone going to be using the 3DS' streetpass and SpotPass feature?

I know when I move down to Florida and go to my University I'll be using it. Campus is huge and I'm sure there will be people who will be utilizing the feature.

The Mall is another good place, but if you're attending a college and the school happens to be big then I'm sure StreetPass would be useable. Though, I won't be walking through the streets unless it's a place like New York city..

komicturtle

Slapshot

WaltzElf wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

@WaltzElf
Untitled

Yep, that accounts for complete list of all 4 types of people in Japan.

Dang I was wanting to get one for a souvenir!

Man, I was so disappointed that I didn't see any Geishas when I was there. I expected them to be everywhere, but don't believe it, it's a horrible, mean lie

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

moomoo

If they put Persona 5 on it, I will buy it, no questions asked. After 1 and a half months, I clocked in over 130 hours into Persona 3 Portable. That's insane. As long as there's other niche RPG stuff on it, I will buy it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

turtlelink

Insta buy if it is $299. Well, as long as its less then $400 its an insta buy for me anyway,

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

pikku

there are a lot of nice features on it, and if the price is not too rridiculuosly high I might consider getting one.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Slapshot

moomoo wrote:

If they put Persona 5 on it, I will buy it, no questions asked. After 1 and a half months, I clocked in over 130 hours into Persona 3 Portable. That's insane. As long as there's other niche RPG stuff on it, I will buy it.

Atlus is fully on board with 3DS. Persona in 3D is coming, and boy am I looking forward to it too!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.