Forums

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Posts 421 to 440 of 453

HolyMackerel

The only word I can use to describe the DS is: boring.
I mean, seriously, where's the pizazz?
D-pad? Oh yay, just like on nearly every other console.
3D graphics? That's old hat now.
Dual screens? Okay, that's just weird. What could it possibly be used for?!
Wi-fi? That's kind of cool, but I wouldn't use it.

Sorry. I told you I was a Fanboy-Hater.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

BlackShyGuy

Whoa, I saw the text walls and I tried to read them... but I fell asleep. Look how I see it is that it's not about what under the hood, but how you use it. I mean (example) the reason that people call the DS/Wii innovative is not because of the touch screen or wiimote, it because of games like Rhythm Heaven for DS or Zack and Wiki for Wii, If the NGP pulls off stuff like that, it will be day one buy for me.

Currently playing: Tales of Symhonia (again), Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Fire Emlblem Fates, Majora's Mask 3D and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
3DS Friend Code: 0275-1505-4148
Add me? I need Some Friends
Nintendo ID: XLeZekeX
Twitter: @XLeZekeX

Hokori

LOL what? people are saying Japan gets worse games???? (TLS, Xeno Blade, Ni no Kuni, Prof. Layton, DQ, FF, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, TWEWY, Daigasso Band Brothers, Stafy, Mother, SSB, Pikmin, VJ, ECT.)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Hokori

Nintenzo wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

The only word I can use to describe the DS is: boring.
I mean, seriously, where's the pizazz?
D-pad? Oh yay, just like on nearly every other console.
3D graphics? That's old hat now.
Dual screens? Okay, that's just weird. What could it possibly be used for?!
Wi-fi? That's kind of cool, but I wouldn't use it.

Sorry. I told you I was a Fanboy-Hater.

So sorry that my personality upsets you.

yah I see that stuff a lot to from fanbois, but I thought HM was a Nintendo fan ???

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

HolyMackerel

LOL perhaps you missed my point.

The DS was a really lacklustre device when it first came out. It was using average or even old tech for its time and it wasn't even pleasing to the eye. The dual screens seemed gimmicky and unnecessary to me - and to this day there are DS games being released which simply do not need the touch screen. I wasn't interested in the DS at all until the DS Lite came out and by then they had snazzed up the device, released a number of good games and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection was finally fully operational with IIRC 6 online-capable games. (Anyone else remember that wonderful old Nintendo WFC website? )

The DS certainly didn't have as much going for it as the NGP does, yet look how it ended up. One of the best-selling portables of all time and a brilliant library filled with games appealing to many different types of gamers.

At the end of the day it was the games that sold me on the DS, not its tech. At the end of the day the NGP's games will (or won't) sell me on it too, regardless of how advanced its processor is and how much it innovates and whatnot. And with the recent offerings from the PS3 and PSP I have high expectations for the NGP. The proof is in the pudding - not in the, er, pudding mould.

Untitled

Yes I do like Nintendo, but I'm also fairly neutral when it comes to the different console manufacturers. I've owned and enjoyed Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles over the years.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Tylr

From a neutral point of view, i don't see how the NGP will fare well in the handheld market. Honestly, it looks like a PSP reshaped with a few new gimmicks. There's nothing really new or exciting aside from the touch screen on the back which may throw in a new element and the enhanced graphics. But touch screens? That's a regular. 3G? You got a phone for that.
Huge size? What about fitting it in your pocket? "Streetpass"? (or whatever you call it) Awesome. Blu-ray? Hey, that's neat. No backwards compatibility? That's an upsetter. PS3 graphics? Cool! Does it look appealing? Well, if you're the diehard Sony fanboy type, then its a definate yes. Otherwise, not certain...

3DS from a neutral view:

A new handheld with 3D capabilities and a circle pad with a handheld graphical makeover. Pre-installed with cool apps and gimmicks including 3D photo taking capabilities. Has backwards capatibility with the DS and has an extendedable stylus. Looks just like another DS though...with low battery time.

3D and touch screen? Well, the touch screen was expected but the 3D screen will be awesome. Built-in gyroscrope and motion sensor? Cool!
Virtual Console Ware and E-shop? That'll be useful. 3D slider? I'll be making good use of that.
D-pad, ABYX buttons, and circle pad? Hey that kinda looks like the DS...somewhat.
3D photos? Nice.
Streetpass? FTW.
Bigger top screen? Hey, that looks...kinda off. But whatever.
Software Lineup? Eh, wish it had a AAA title at/near launch. Battery Time? Guess i'll be charging it a lot. Is it appealing? Well yeah, they make it look good, but looks too much like a regular old DS. Buy it if you're looking for something that'll sastisfy just enough.

Those are my neutral opinions, though i pick Nintendo over Sony. You don't have to agree with me.

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

turtlelink

Tylr wrote:

From a neutral point of view, i don't see how the NGP will fare well in the handheld market. Honestly, it looks like a PSP reshaped with a few new gimmicks. There's nothing really new or exciting aside from the touch screen on the back which may throw in a new element and the enhanced graphics. But touch screens? That's a regular. 3G? You got a phone for that.
Huge size? What about fitting it in your pocket? "Streetpass"? (or whatever you call it) Awesome. Blu-ray? Hey, that's neat. No backwards compatibility? That's an upsetter. PS3 graphics? Cool! Does it look appealing? Well, if you're the diehard Sony fanboy type, then its a definate yes. Otherwise, not certain...

3DS from a neutral view:

A new handheld with 3D capabilities and a circle pad with a handheld graphical makeover. Pre-installed with cool apps and gimmicks including 3D photo taking capabilities. Has backwards capatibility with the DS and has an extendedable stylus. Looks just like another DS though...with low battery time.

3D and touch screen? Well, the touch screen was expected but the 3D screen will be awesome. Built-in gyroscrope and motion sensor? Cool!
Virtual Console Ware and E-shop? That'll be useful. 3D slider? I'll be making good use of that.
D-pad, ABYX buttons, and circle pad? Hey that kinda looks like the DS...somewhat.
3D photos? Nice.
Streetpass? FTW.
Software Lineup? Eh, wish it had a AAA title at/near launch. Battery Time? Guess i'll be charging it a lot. Is it appealing? Well yeah, they make it look good, but looks too much like a regular old DS. Buy it if you're looking for something that'll sastisfy just enough.

Those are my neutral opinions, though i pick Nintendo over Sony. You don't have to agree with me.

I don't know about you but I think the 3DS is a reshaped DS if you ask me.
Untitled
compared to...
Untitled

And how do you give credit to a system for having buttons?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Tylr

turtlelink wrote:

Tylr wrote:

3DS from a neutral view:

3D photos? Nice.
Streetpass? FTW.

I don't know about you but I think the 3DS is a reshaped DS if you ask me.
Untitled
compared to...
Untitled

And how do you give credit to a system for having buttons?

That's what i mean by the 3DS looking a bit like the regular DS; and buttons are the feel and controls of the system so...yeah. But looking at the older 3DS prototypes, the 3DS looked even more like a DS.

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

LzWinky

Neutral towards nintendo and Sony? Your post says otherwise

Sure this upcoming generation looks similar to the last one, but then again the Game Boy line didn't change that much either

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Slapshot

I honestly could care less about Streetpass!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

Tylr wrote:

3DS from a neutral view:

3D photos? Nice.
Streetpass? FTW.

Yeah, that's not neutral. For one, you've made factual mistakes about the NGP that shows that you clearly haven't paid much attention to it.

The NGP does not support Blu Ray - it's not that big. The NGP is backwards compatible with everything the PSP can access on the PlayStation Network - that includes Comics, Movies, PSP games, minis and PSOne classics.

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

Yeah, StreetPass sounds useless.

That's designed with the Japanese market in mind, where you can and do pass a constant stream of people carrying gaming consoles around.

As such, in Japan it WOULD kinda be cool to get home at night to find a bunch of businessmen, schoolgirls and cosplay nutters' Miis/ racing ghost data sitting on your 3DS.

SwerdMurd

@Tylr - there's no such thing as neutral opinions or a neutral point of view....I hope you realize that. If you have a point of view in the first place, it's biased. It's also clear as day that your tone completely shifts the second you mention the 3DS.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Keroro1979

slapshot82 wrote:

I think you mean "couldn't" care less. Ie. it is impossible for you to care less than you do about the feature.

Back on topic, both systems will have great games. And the NGP will be better for FPS. The rear touch panel is bloody daft though.

Keroro1979

theblackdragon

Keroro1979 wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

I think you mean "couldn't" care less. Ie. it is impossible for you to care less than you do about the feature.

but how do you know he's not actually super-stoked about the feature and everyone else just mistook his meaning? :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

komicturtle

Keroro1979 wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

Back on topic, both systems will have great games. And the NGP will be better for FPS. The rear touch panel is bloody daft though.

I heard it's SUPPOSED to be "I could care less" not couldn't. Because if you couldn't care less, then... Well, you just can't do what you WANT to do and it is CARE less...

komicturtle

Slapshot

WaltzElf wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Keroro1979 wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

but how do you know he's not actually super-stoked about the feature and everyone else just mistook his meaning? :3

This is a good point - Slappy, are you going to Japan soon

Bags are packed, and flying out in the morning! Now where is my 3DS?

In Japan there is a huge market for Streetpass as Waltz stated. Another thing is that with NGP and its 3G capabilities, it's not aimed at America. Our 3G services are actually quite weak for online gaming as we are primarily WiFi centered. In Japan and other Asian countries 3G is the norm, and that is where Sony will primarily focus on 3G connectivity. Just mean a cheaper NGP for me!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.