Forums

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Posts 381 to 400 of 453

RoyalBlur

Thx WaltzElf. I'm not ranting on the NGP anymore man. As I've said already, I'm looking forward to seeing what the NGP will offer once e3 hits. I'm sorry I brought up the while argument anyway.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

turtlelink

WaltzElf wrote:

So I'm done with this argument. Between just about everyone, and TBD's great summary up there, the point has been made. If you wish to continue raging on the NGP - be my guest, but come up with some new reasons for it that aren't factually incorrect.

The 3DS has two screens! Ha!
Ha...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

LzWinky

Well, to be honest, the 3DS does look more appealing to my wallet

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hokori

my opinion of NGP is a very positive one as he a a very nice user
my opinions of the PSP2 is I dont think I want one

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

SpentAllMyTokens

The PSP2 will be priced expensively, because Sony's playing a long game with it's consoles now. With Kinect/Move and cheaper console prices, Nintendo pretty much has to come out with a new home console in the next year or two to compete. Sony (especially) and Microsoft will still be at the cutting edge. Those consoles easily have another 5 years in them, I think.

Also, the PS3 sales were abysmal in the US, but not as abysmal as the 360's Japanese sales (I believe they sold like 7 xboxes in Japan, total). I believe the PS3 is doing quite well in Japan. The PSP does really well in Japan too, and Japan is a big market.

Not sure if a long term cutting edge tech strategy will be super effective in the portable market, where gaming-abled smartphones get yearly upgrades. With the 3DS, you know the tech is outdated when you get it, but you obviously don't care too much about having the best specs available. How will the NGP compare to the iPhone 7 or 8, which will probably be on the market when it drops to an "affordable for most" price range?

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

RoyalBlur

lz20XX wrote:

Well, to be honest, the 3DS does look more appealing to my wallet

LOL, that's funny Iz2009. As far as honesty goes, the reason I'm sold on the 3DS is none other than two games and those are Kid Icarus and Paper Mario.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Bankai

Also, the PS3 sales were abysmal in the US, but not as abysmal as the 360's Japanese sales (I believe they sold like 7 xboxes in Japan, total). I believe the PS3 is doing quite well in Japan. The PSP does really well in Japan too, and Japan is a big market.

The PS3 has sold well the EU/ AU as well - in fact it was the fastest growing in sales of the three consoles last year.

The Xbox 360 hasn't performed quite that badly in Japan - it's a niche console, but the attach rate is high ("people don't buy a Xbox 360 by accident" - it's a good quote) so as a business, it's better off than the raw figures suggest.

Unfortunately for the future, though, it (and the PSP) has ended up with a woeful reputation for being the console where all the "adult" games go - Just about every week in Famitsu there's coverage of a new Japanese Xbox 360 or PSP "dating" game, or photo game where you take pictures of your young sister in her underwear, or a Wizardry clone where the enemies are replaced with naked women who have interesting ways of firing off laser attacks... etc etc (and no, I am not making any of that up. The "wonders" of subscribing to Famitsu)

Next gen (and this will affect the NGP in Japan), Microsoft and Sony will struggle somewhat getting traction with the younger markets. Prices aside, no parent is going to want their 10 year old being able to access that stuff.

Edited on by Bankai

RoyalBlur

Yep, WaltzElf, some of the the things u mentioned are what a lot of people I've talked to including some young adults I just chatted with in Maple Story a few mins ago told me how they are disgusted with all the immoral games on the PSP and PS3 although they didn't mention the XBOX 360. However, I think we have better games here in the USA. I think it's the foreign countries who get the worst games.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Bankai

TokyoRed wrote:

Yep, WaltzElf, some of the the things u mentioned are what a lot of people I've talked to including some young adults I just chatted with in Maple Story a few mins ago told me how they are disgusted with all the immoral games on the PSP and PS3 although they didn't mention the XBOX 360. However, I think we have better games here in the USA. I think it's the foreign countries who get the worst games.

I don't even know where to begin shooting this one down. Probably best I just leave it at this: the DS also has dating games, and made great us of the touch screen for investigating witches bodies. You might find these games "immoral," but they're actually often quite well-made and have high production values, so calling them "bad" is a fallacy. (Love Plus on the DS was actually showcased as an example of interactive art at a museum exhibition)

And are you even able to post in a thread that mentions Sony without turning it into a ridiculous and childish fanboy rant? We know you hate Sony. Congratulations, have a star, but for the love of God stop irritating everyone else.

Edited on by Bankai

RoyalBlur

WaltzElf wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

I don't even know where to begin shooting this one down. Probably best I just leave it at this: the DS also has dating games, and made great us of the touch screen for investigating witches bodies. You might find these games "immoral," but they're actually often quite well-made and have high production values, so calling them "bad" is a fallacy. (Love Plus on the DS was actually showcased as an example of interactive art at a museum exhibition)

And are you even able to post in a thread that mentions Sony without turning it into a ridiculous and childish fanboy rant? We know you hate Sony. Congratulations, have a star, but for the love of God stop irritating everyone else.

DUDE! I wasn't even putting Sony down. I was just mentioning stuff in relation to what u were saying about naked wizard games.

Stop judging me. I wasn't even attacking Sony or anything. I was simply trying to make a point and I don't hate Sony PlayStation. Ratchet and Clank and LittleBigPlanet are my favorite Sony games .

Edited on by theblackdragon

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

BlackShyGuy

The NGP has peaked my interest. But being a Nintendo fan for as long as I can remember, it will not sway my decision on the 3DS. The only reason I would play another console/handheld is if certain games (Tales Of, Kingdom Hearts) come out then I would somehow rake up the money for. But until then, I will stick with the Nintendo brand.

Edited on by BlackShyGuy

Currently playing: Tales of Symhonia (again), Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Fire Emlblem Fates, Majora's Mask 3D and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
3DS Friend Code: 0275-1505-4148
Add me? I need Some Friends
Nintendo ID: XLeZekeX
Twitter: @XLeZekeX

HolyMackerel

TokyoRed wrote:

However, I think we have better games here in the USA. I think it's the foreign countries who get the worst games.

lol no

TokyoRed wrote:

Maple Story

TokyoRed wrote:

Nintendo

TokyoRed wrote:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

TokyoRed wrote:

Nexon

TokyoRed wrote:

Dragonica, Rose Online, Dragon Nest, Dungeon Fighter and Mabinogi Heroes

TokyoRed wrote:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift

None of those are from the US.

EDIT: Oh, um, on-topic. NGP actually stands for Neo Geo Pocket!
Untitled

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

RoyalBlur

LOL HolyMackerel.

Concerning games for the Sony NGP, I hope that it gets yet another Star Wars The Force Unleashed game. I enjoyed Star Was The Force Unleashed on both the PS3 and the PSP. I also love to see Blizzard's StarCraft and Warcraft on the NGP to although I've got a feeling they won't be coming to handhelds anytime soon.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Magi

Mickeymac wrote:

I wonder what Sony intends to do to get Japanese gamer behind the PSP2?

A Monster Hunter game oughta do it.

edit: oh and I just read that Noa Torigoe has been hired by Sony to promote Killzone 3 so that may snowball into some residual PSP2 goodness if anything Killzone related does come out for it. (if ya'll don't know who Noa Torigoe is, then you probably shouldn't. For the record: I didn't.)

Edited on by Magi

Magi

RoyalBlur

@Magi, ya I have Monster Hunter for PSP and it's quite a good game. I can see it working even better on NGP.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

LzWinky

Final Fantasy. Don't forget Final Fantasy. I would also say DQ, but that series seems to be moving back onto Nintendo platforms

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Keroro1979

NGP looks great. Sony have given the consumer the most asked for upgrade - dual analogue. The other additions are nice, but the big seller will be dual analogue - FPS heaven. Some of the other features are overkill though - touch screen, rear touch panel, 3g.... all nice to have, but Id rather get rid of them and lower the price.

Still, day 1 purchase, just like the 3DS. Im glad they arent both too similar. Means I will get to enjoy the best games both have to offer.

Win win for gamers!

Keroro1979

warioswoods

Some of the other features are overkill though - touch screen, rear touch panel, 3g.... all nice to have, but Id rather get rid of them and lower the price.

You will be able to get rid of 3G and lower the price (or, avoid raising the price, depending on how you look at it). I'm still baffled as to why everyone continues to refer to the 3G as a basic feature. Sony already announced that the system would be sold in 2 models -- WiFi-only and 3G -- so it's really a premium upgrade-option, rather than something essential.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.