3DS Forum

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Showing 261 to 280 of 472

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

261. Posted:

@Waltzy: I can understand my Nintendo systems breaking down from excessive wear-and-tear, but the Sony systems I own are simply defects in the design

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

262. Posted:

@lz: What all has happened to your PS3? :O

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

263. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

@Waltzy: I can understand my Nintendo systems breaking down from excessive wear-and-tear, but the Sony systems I own are simply defects in the design

What do you mean? The PS2 original and PS3 slim are built like tanks.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

264. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Nothing too serious just the occasional "I don't like your TV today" or it freezes quite often

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

265. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

Nothing too serious just the occasional "I don't like your TV today" or it freezes quite often

So the whole

lz20XX wrote:

All of my Sony platforms experienced several problems

was over exaggeration? :/

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

266. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

So the whole

lz20XX wrote:

All of my Sony platforms experienced several problems

was over exaggeration? :/

Nope, both of my Sony platforms experienced problems. Same for my PS2, but again nothing really serious. Overall it's just problems that are frustrating in general

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

267. Posted:

I've seen many problems with all the companies consoles. My brother is actually on his third Wii at the moment, and all from manufacturer defects. I've experienced issues with Sony and Microsoft consoles myself as well. It happens, you play the console to death and eventually it will die. ;)

Back to the original post. NGP is a big hit on 3DS among older gamers. I know multiple guys in there mid to late 20s who had preorders on 3DS and have since cancelled them to preorder the NGP. I'm not saying that it will hurt 3DS and the system will fail or any of that nonsense, but I do think that 3DS was a draw back to Nintendo for many older gamers who in all the Wii casual nonsense that went on, moved on to other platforms, but the NGP announcement has once again turned them back to the other system once again.

For me, I'm buying both, but I'm much more excited about the 3DS than the NGP at the moment. I absolutely adore my DS(s), and Atlus is already fully on board the 3DS train, so bring it on! :D

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Moco_Loco

268. Posted:

The NGP looks simply awesome and will definitely offer a first-rate handheld gaming experience. My biggest problem is that I don't really care for most of Sony's games, which is a personal taste issue. As a piece of hardware, it is absolutely gorgeous and designed perfectly for playing games.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

269. Posted:

It seems that Sony/Nintendo systems have about the same amount of issues. Basically it seems if you buy any game system within a year after launch or so, you're playing Russian roulette with hardware failure. After that most of the kinks get worked out. Most of the Wii/PS3 complaints were with launch models. The DS Lite shoulder buttons seem perennially finicky though. Hopefully that issue is fixed with the 3DS. I'm sure both systems will generally be reliable (insert predictable, overworn stab at Microsoft here).

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

270. Posted:

They'll probably be reliable unless they go down the same road as Microsoft with their huge 360 failure rate! LOL!! ( predictable, overworn stab at Microsoft inserted! :P)

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

gatygun

271. Posted:

Btw some info about the NGP:

OP add it to your title if you want.

CPU: quad cored a9 vortex processor ( 4x cores ) each cloaked at 800mhz which equals 1,6ghz atom processors ( each core is 2x as fast as the iphone 4 )
GPU: 128vram ( dedicated )
GPU : Quad cored PowerVR SGX543MP4+ GPU ( means 4 cored overclocked from the standard 200mhz )
GPU : cloaked from 200-400mhz. ( 200mhz throughput 133million polygons, 4gb fillrate | 400mhz ~270million polygons, 8gb fillrate )
GPU: each gpu core has 4 pipelines = alot faster then the older 2x pipelined version used in the samsung "fastest mobile atm". which result in 16 pipelines in total.
GPU: supports 32 bit and 16 bit color paterns + filtering
GPU: has 4x FSAA filtering
Memory: 512MB fast DDR2 atleast ( Dev kits got 1GB ) so its between 512-1024mb
Battery: 4-7 hours confirmed. ( which probably equals 3DS battery time ) rumor atm, 2x 2700mah batteries combined.
Weight: Lesser then PSP Go.

Edited on by gatygun

gatygun

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

272. Posted:

Crap, that's almost as good as my computer...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

273. Posted:

All those specs sound great and all, but that is EXACTLY why this thing is gonna be priced sky high! It simply packs too much not to be. The ONLY way the NGP isn't gonna be priced beyond success is if Sony takes a big loss on every unit sold. However, I did read somewhere that Sony specifically said they wouldn't be losing money on each NGP sold so...I really don't see how this device is gonna be anything below 400 bucks.

AuthorMessage

gatygun

274. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

All those specs sound great and all, but that is EXACTLY why this thing is gonna be priced sky high! It simply packs too much not to be. The ONLY way the NGP isn't gonna be priced beyond success is if Sony takes a big loss on every unit sold. However, I did read somewhere that Sony specifically said they wouldn't be losing money on each NGP sold so...I really don't see how this device is gonna be anything below 400 bucks.

Didn't know that you worked at the R&D department of sony.
I wouldn't be suprised if this thing is costing exactly teh same if not 50 euro higher "only" then the 3DS.
From latest reports the iphone 4 only costs about 170 dollar to create for example. Which has more hardware going on then the 3DS already. Besides that, last reports noted that the 3DS got sold to shops for 171 dollar. this means that the 3DS probably costing on hardware level around the 100 euro ( i wouldn't be suprised if that actually is lower then that. Nintendo needs to make a huge profit it on it.

Even 3x more costing 3DS hardware could still be sold without a loss for under the 300 dollar/euro.

Sony can even throw in a loss, because handhelds isn't there main business. Therefor 300 dollar or even 250 dollar would make a hell lot sense to me?

Edited on by gatygun

gatygun

AuthorMessage

TrueWiiMaster

275. Posted:

@gatygun-
I'm pretty sure the iphone costs more than that to make, because not even Apple employees can get a discount on an iphone. If they were selling them at double the cost of making them, I think they'd allow their own members to get at least a little off the top. Besides, according to what you say the NGP has about 8x the processors of the iphone. Such technology would cost ALOT more than what the iphone has. I'm not saying 8x more, but maybe 4x or 5x. Add to that the fact that the NGP also has possibly up to a GB of memory, and 3G, and a MUCH larger screen, and all of the stuff that makes it a PSP. Even starting at $170, it would almost definitely be over $300, and I'm still pretty sure it's starting at closer to $300...Also, how can you be sure that the 3DS is so cheap to make? It does actually have new technology in it after all.

BTW, didn't know that you worked at the R&D department of Sony. I mean, how else would you know anything about their costs and pricing plans? It wouldn't be the first time Sony put out an outrageously expensive system after all.

I'm still expecting 2 models, 1 under $400 and 1 over. But, then again, I DON'T work at the R&D department at Sony.

I am the TrueWiiMaster! Those who call the Wii casual BEWARE!

AuthorMessage

Rob_mc_1

276. Posted:

I'm beginning to think this thread is a lost cause. It looks like it has been derailed to a point where it would be very unlikely to get on topic where people say things like "It looks good but I will still go for the 3DS" or "I think I like this better".

♠♦♣

AuthorMessage

Bankai

277. Posted:

1) Guessing how much a console will cost before its announced is a bad idea. I personally think it'll be priced around $350 US, but that's a guess based more on market factors, than how much it costs Sony to make each console.

2) Even if it is expensive, that kind of fits in with Sony's strategy anyway. The NGP is a premium product, not a kids toy. Nothing about it suggests to me they're gunning for the same audience as Nintendogs + cats.

Which goes back to my earlier point - the NGP will probably not sell as well as the 3DS. But then again a) It's not a competitive device to the 3DS and b) Sony probably doesn't care.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

278. Posted:

@TrueWiiMaster I think Nintendo might use mostly recycled materials. Which may be the reason their handhelds are cheap. [Maybe]

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

279. Posted:

gatygun wrote:

bboy2970 wrote:

I wouldn't be suprised if this thing is costing exactly teh same if not 50 euro higher "only" then the 3DS.
From latest reports the iphone 4 only costs about 170 dollar to create for example. Which has more hardware going on then the 3DS already. Besides that, last reports noted that the 3DS got sold to shops for 171 dollar. this means that the 3DS probably costing on hardware level around the 100 euro ( i wouldn't be suprised if that actually is lower then that. Nintendo needs to make a huge profit it on it.

Even 3x more costing 3DS hardware could still be sold without a loss for under the 300 dollar/euro.

Sony can even throw in a loss, because handhelds isn't there main business. Therefor 300 dollar or even 250 dollar would make a hell lot sense to me?

Quite wrong sir, I do not work in Sony's R&D department. I am only 18 so that would be kind of surprising if I did. My guess of 400 dollars is just that, a GUESS! I'm sure your statement would have slightly more validity if I had said, "STOP THE PRESSES!! the Sony NGP will absolutely, indisputably, no doubt, cost 400 dollars!! You heard it here first folks!" Unfortunately for your comment, I did not say that so I would appreciate you keeping sarcastic comments to yourself if you please. Thanks bud! :D

AuthorMessage

Arcanum

280. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

gatygun wrote:

bboy2970 wrote:

Quite wrong sir, I do not work in Sony's R&D department. I am only 18 so that would be kind of surprising if I did. My guess of 400 dollars is just that, a GUESS! I'm sure your statement would have slightly more validity if I had said, "STOP THE PRESSES!! the Sony NGP will absolutely, indisputably, no doubt, cost 400 dollars!! You heard it here first folks!" Unfortunately for your comment, I did not say that so I would appreciate you keeping sarcastic comments to yourself if you please. Thanks bud! :D

You guys got owned

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"