Forums

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Posts 201 to 220 of 453

R-L-A-George

Reala wrote:

R-L-A-George wrote:

Nintendo and Sony teaming up....That would be some powerhouse, Microsoft probably wouldn't last long.

The losers in that scenario certainly wouldn't be Microsoft protected by its billions, the losers would be gamers themselves for losing the competitiveness driving the industry, particularly in the handheld market doubt motion based gaming becoming the norm would have come so soon if at all hadn't Nintendo lost ground to Sony, it made them think outside the box and benefited gamers in general I think all thanks to healthy competition.

Yes microsoft would be protected by billions...But they might lose ground as an official maker of consoles. whatever doesn't make money, they discontinue. Though they will still have the PC gaming part. Gamers will still be competitive, especially since both companies would still have their own products and there are people who generally hate Sony, Nintendo or both.[Of coarse, I might be wrong.]

Edited on by R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Magi

Ravage wrote:

But they did shape it very similar to a DS cart, which I believe is a mistake.

How many different ways you can you shape a square/rectangle?

Magi

LzWinky

Magi wrote:

Ravage wrote:

But they did shape it very similar to a DS cart, which I believe is a mistake.

How many different ways you can you shape a square/rectangle?

Shape it to look exactly like a DS cart

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

theblackdragon

@Imerion: while that certainly is interesting (that doesn't look like too bad an option for a palmtop computer), it doesn't fall under the 'major' and 'dedicated' parts of what he was saying. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

komicturtle

It's really silly when I see:

"NGP Threatens 3DS?" articles. It's silly because the 3DS is as much of a threat to the NGP as NGP to 3DS. It's like the 3DS is a villan and NGP is a super-hero. Mind you, most of the time, journalists of those game sites always seem to have something against Nintendo and sometimes, it's small petty stuff that they usually expand to have more people agree and sound foolish.

And as much as I don't 'like' it, seeing Sony use an idea from Nintendo (idea, not necessarily creation folks) just shows that Sony does have some respect for the Big N. Anyone heard of the "What Nintendo makes, we take!" slogan someone made up when the Wii and PS3 were coming out? Haha, fun times. It doesn't apply here, really. I just think the problem is the aesthetic of some of the things Sony makes that looks nearly exactly alike to Nintendo's stuff (the 'flashcard' is an example).

komicturtle

zezhyrule

WaltzElf wrote:

I would also be very surprised if, around the time the NGP hits shelves, Sony hasn't announced PS2 games for download over the PSN.

Just on the NGP? That wouldn't make sense because the PS3 seems just made for it, some early consoles even had backwards compatibility with PS2 and the controller's the same and all (also having L2/R2). But wait, what about those PS2 collections? Wouldn't that cut into the sales?

Of course, God of War I & II are already available on the PSN, separately and all.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

R-L-A-George

Imerion wrote:

I haven't been following the discussion so please don't take this as an argument or anything. But there is actually a console not far from that. Check out http://www.openpandora.org/

Looks like an DS with a keyboard LOL, What kind of games is it going to play anyway?

Edited on by R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

turtlelink

komicturtle92 wrote:

It's really silly when I see:

"NGP Threatens 3DS?" articles. It's silly because the 3DS is as much of a threat to the NGP as NGP to 3DS. It's like the 3DS is a villan and NGP is a super-hero. Mind you, most of the time, journalists of those game sites always seem to have something against Nintendo and sometimes,

Its because the 3DS was announced first and everyone's attention was only towards that. Now that the NGP was announced, some people might actually decide to buy that rather then the 3DS.

Also, whats up with all the hate? It has new graphics, 2 analog sticks, 3G connection, improved online stuff, and a touchscreen. Whats so bad about it?

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Bankai

I just think the problem is the aesthetic of some of the things Sony makes that looks nearly exactly alike to Nintendo's stuff (the 'flashcard' is an example).

And once again, Nintendo didn't invent a SD-card design, nor flash memory. If Sony is copying anyone, it's Canon, just like Nintendo did.

Just on the NGP? That wouldn't make sense because the PS3 seems just made for it, some early consoles even had backwards compatibility with PS2 and the controller's the same and all (also having L2/R2). But wait, what about those PS2 collections? Wouldn't that cut into the sales?

Of course, God of War I & II are already available on the PSN, separately and all.

Sorry, I meant PSN. It's only a matter of time - either HD remakes or straight ports. The PSP got away with PSOne games (despite not having R2 and L2) by having customisable button configs. It's not always perfect, but it usually works.

I'd suspect the NGP would be similar (perhaps even allowing "virtual buttons" on the back touch screen for R2/ L2), but I really would be surprised if PStwo Classics doesn't pop up in the next year or so.

Also, whats up with all the hate? It has new graphics, 2 analog sticks, 3G connection, improved online stuff, and a touchscreen. Whats so bad about it?

Because Nintendo fans percieve it to be a threat/ insult to the 3DS. In reality the consoles are so completely different it's pointless even comparing them. I think they should be treated as complementary, not competitive, consoles. If you have the money, buying both is the way to go.

Edited on by Bankai

Slapshot

If you guys go to n4g, or other large gaming blogs, there is actually a lot more hate towards the NGP than the 3DS at the moment. I've seen very little 3DS hate anywhere! It's Nintendo, you know what to expect when you buy Nintendo, and I mean that in a good and bad way Haha. I will say that launch line-up for 3DS is a bit disappointing, but if anyone here invested in the PSP at launch, they will know that it was dreadful, and really stayed that way for a long time, and the only decent games were dragged down by constant motion blurring on-screen.

My DS has seen thousands of hours of playtime, and I'm sure 3DS will to as well.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

irken004

The only thing keeping me away from buying a NGP is the price (which will probably be high) and the number of games that have been shown so far. If they fix those before the release, I may consider buying one over a 3DS.

SpentAllMyTokens

For all of you complaining about 3G price it will surely be an optional add on, and it will work on wifi for free nicely. I dont see why people are complaining about having an option. At the end of the day, if you think you'd like the type of games PS3 has on the go, this is for you. Save your $$, because really nice tech is expensive, and Sony has pulled out all the stops. Nintendo is more concerned with price, and limits it's tech accordingly. If you liked your wii/DS you'll like the 3DS too, probably.

Choose one or get both depending on your budget/games preference. They're really for different audiences, but will both offer fun, though different, experiences.

Edit: As for the PS1 vs. GB argument, I wish Ninty wouldn't make us choose. Just make one unified VC for both the consoles. The 3DS certainly has the horsepower for N64 games, and GB and GBA games have worked on TVs too.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

cheetahman91

Sounds cool. Liking the dual analog. Will probably pick one up a few years down the road.

WaltzElf wrote:

(plus, sorry but PlayStation One games > Gameboy games)

Agreed. As much as I like the libraries for both consoles, I gotta give the upper hand to the PS1s.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

TrueWiiMaster

Eh, it's basically a suped up PSP with a weird touch pad on the back and an extra analog. I think, like the PSP and PS3, it will be more expensive than most people want to pay, whether or not it's worth it. I also think the 3G will be a flop. In my experience 3G is not yet reliable enough to really be useful in gaming. There are too many places where the signal might just drop, and there is just too much lag. It's great for quick use like checking a website, but for actual gaming I'd say it's fairly useless. Then there's the touchscreen and touchpad. The touch screen is flawed in that anytime you use it your hand will be in front of the screen. The DS gets passed this by having 2 screens, allowing 1 of them to be clear at all times. I don't know what to say about the touchpad...it looks kind of weird to me, but I don't want to judge it until it sees some action. It is the only truly new feature used in the NGP, after all. I don't want to be like all those people who called the DS trash before it came out because they said touch screens could not be used in gaming.

Though the graphics will probably be astounding, I have to wonder if looking at them for extended periods of time will be more hazardous than doing so on the 3DS. I mean, the graphics on the PS3 look fantastic, but, at least for me and my brother, can prove to be more tiring and straining than the less realistic graphics of other consoles. Now imagine shrinking the screen from 50in to 5in and and changing the perspective from 4ft to to about 1ft. I don't know about you, but to me that equals headaches. The only reason people worry about the 3DS is the fact that 3D is actually new for this medium and is fairly untested for long periods of time. Experts do not all agree that it could be dangerous. Some actually say it could be helpful. Either way, the 3D will be made for close range use. The realistic graphics of the PS3, on the other hand, were not meant to be watched 1ft from the screen, and that is what is going to happen with the NGP.

BTW, does anyone else think it's kind of arrogant of Sony to call their next portable "Next Generation Portable"? It sounds kind of like they're dismissing any competition by calling their system specifically the "Next Generation Portable"...

I am the TrueWiiMaster! Those who call the Wii casual BEWARE!

Nintendo Network ID: WiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster

Still arrogant...it's not like Nintendo codenamed the 3DS "Best New Portable"(though they could have!)

TrueWiiMaster

@theblackdragon-
I understand what you're saying, but because of the name, whenever someone says "that's the NGP!" they'll be saying "that's THE Next Generation Portable!" Maybe it's just a personal annoyance. I mean, I've heard so many people say that people who play the Wii or DS aren't gamers, or that Nintendo is last generation. Then the icing on the cake is that the sequel to the PSP is actually CALLED next generation! It's almost like Sony is agreeing that Nintendo's products aren't "next generation".

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.