Forums

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Posts 161 to 180 of 453

CanisWolfred

Otaku wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Ya, what Rob_mc_1 said, fits my tab quite well.

And as if Sony couldn't couldn't get any lamer take a glander at this:

Untitled

Sony has officially ticked my can! They just get lamer and lamer honey child. Time to call Granny to go give em a fanning!

Mr. Iwata must be sitting somewhere shaking his head in disbelief or laughing up a storm at Sony's ignorance.

Is that a DS Cart?? LAME

If it works, it works. Not like the 3DS is doing anything new either. This is just the best option both parties could think of.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mabbit

Gamestop said that the NGP will cost $299. Sounds tempting, but unfortunately, I don't have the money for either that or the 3DS The next system I'm planning on getting is a PS3 anyways

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

warioswoods

No one really knows the price yet (I'd bet that even Sony hasn't worked it our or fully decided).

My guess: somewhere around $300-350 for the WiFi version, > $400 for 3G-enabled

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Mabbit

I think that Gamestop thing is a lie I think the device will cost more than 299 because an iPhone costs 599 and has similar features (Except for the fact that it's, you know, A PHONE) I think it could be priced anywhere from 300 - 650

Heisenberg says "relax!"

MasterGraveheart

My opinion... It's just an HD PSP with a touch screen and 3G. In the end, it'll be overpriced and have games that are ill suited to be portable games. While it'll have games that are highly praised, it'll have few that should really be portable titles and the experience will be hindered. The 3DS is simply outclassing it where it matters most.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

bboy2970

@Jace: I think I read somewhere that Nintendo explained that the reason why both screens on 3DS aren't touch is because a 3D screen and touch screen simply cannot co-exist on the same screen. It doesn't really work because touch functionality gets in the way of 3D functionality. This makes me quite pleased because now if any company wanted to try and contest Nintendo in the 3D realm, they would need to throw out the touch screen. Its brilliant! An un-copiable feature!(for now)

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Mabbit

MasterGraveheart wrote:

My opinion... It's just an HD PSP with a touch screen and 3G. In the end, it'll be overpriced and have games that are ill suited to be portable games. While it'll have games that are highly praised, it'll have few that should really be portable titles and the experience will be hindered. The 3DS is simply outclassing it where it matters most.

The real draw to it is that it's supposed to be like a full on console. That's what they're trying to do with the dual analog sticks and sooper graphikz.

Heisenberg says "relax!"

MR_SUPREME69

uncharted on the go...yes please

Spartans never die? If only that were true."-Dr. Catherine Halsey
My Backloggery ADD ME :DDD
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=mr_supreme69

CrazyOtto

I think the hardware is really good! I'm glad they switched away from UMDs. I'm just waiting for a bigger games list.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

OldBoy

Well having read a lot about the PSP2 now the only negative I see is that ,well, its not very portable is it . What with the size and those analogue sticks protruding and that oh so sexy screen thats just waiting to be scratched! The good thing is that none of this really bothers me.I was going to get a PS3 soon but having seen the PSP2 I think I'm going to wait for that instead. Basically a PS3 I can play anywhere in the house without taking up any more precious TV time from my missus. Even if it just ends up getting PS3 ports I'll be more than happy. My 3DS will be used when I'm on the go. I'm surprised that Sony didn't use a similar design to the GO though as that seems a more suitable design for a portable to me.

What's this bit for again?

turtlelink

Otaku wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Untitled

Sony has officially ticked my can! They just get lamer and lamer honey child. Time to call Granny to go give em a fanning!

Mr. Iwata must be sitting somewhere shaking his head in disbelief or laughing up a storm at Sony's ignorance.

Is that a DS Cart?? LAME

It's using carts?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

NGpenguin

I guess its an okay game system ... still the name NGp still freaks me out.....

3DS friend code: 1590-4685-4846

SuperMarioFan96

briunj04 wrote:

an iPhone costs 599

Ummm, no. There's a 16GB one at at 199 and a 32GB one at 299. And there might be a 64GB one at 399, although I'm not sure. But not 599. Of course, there's also the plan that you have to buy.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

dangermouseuk78

Im no sony fan altho i did own the PS1 but as ever sony have missed the whole point of portable gaming its not about power and graphics as Nintendo has proven since the Gameboy days to the DS. But no doubt even if its a high priced the power and graphics lovers will jump on the band wagon regardless as well as the people who just to have every new shiney bit of tech and more money than sense.

I believe this will be the first handheld that could directly be compared to the Iphone as it uses 3G and no doubt have a contract because forever fed up of people compare 59p games to the £39 odd handheld games and never take in to consideration the monthly contract. Even pay as you go iphone requires you to pay added fee to use it within a set period network dependant of course.

So if the PSP2 3G has some form of plan which with data it will use be crazy if it didnt 59p iphone games to what ever the price of PSP games will be truly price comparable. and by the time its released in the west some new phone will have bettered it no doubt Iphone 5 and be old tech.

dangermouseuk78

TLOZfreak

It will probably be really expensive.. and i would rather play on a big screen with the console i already pay for than buying an expensive portable

TLOZfreak

komicturtle

I remember hearing some fanboys saying that the DS game carts are small, stupid and easy to lose and that the touch screen is a gimmick. Now that Sony unveiled that NGP is using Game Carts it's not a problem. And now that they have a touch-screen, it's not a gimmick.

Shows that people are just stupid these days.

I'll have to see what NGP offers when it comes to my interests to 'seal' the deal though.

komicturtle

SwerdMurd

@SuperMarioFan - I think you're missing the point....having to buy the plan is what reduces the price of the phones. $599.99 is what it costs to buy one without a plan.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

IanMage

turtlelink wrote:

Otaku wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Untitled

Is that a DS Cart?? LAME

It's using carts?

This is just completely dispicable! How else can sony copy nintendo? They have always used discs instead of carts! And now they choose to use carts because they know how awesome they are! VERY ORIGINAL, SONY!!! "New Game Media." How stupid are you, Sony?

Edited on by IanMage

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

CanisWolfred

Has everybody forgotten that UMD was a disaster? From ease of piracy to load times, to expensive manufacturing and draining the battery life, absolutely nothing good came of it. Switching to Flash carts is quite possibly the smartest move they could've made. They're not simply copying. They're switching to something that works.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ravage

Mickeymac wrote:

Has everybody forgotten that UMD was a disaster? From ease of piracy to load times, to expensive manufacturing and draining the battery life, absolutely nothing good came of it. Switching to Flash carts is quite possibly the smartest move they could've made. They're not simply copying. They're switching to something that works.

That is very much correct...
But they did shape it very similar to a DS cart, which I believe is a mistake.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.