3DS Forum

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Showing 161 to 180 of 472

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

161. Posted:

Hardy83 wrote:

Sony kind of on-upped Nintendo with the social aspect of systems close to each other eh? lol Especially with 3G....But does it have..3D!? lol

But remember, 3G may very well cost money per month or have some type of contract tied to it. StreetPass and SpotPass cost zip. Regarding 3D, even if Sony wanted to, they can't have 3D. They would have to choose either touch screen or 3D for the screen and no sane minded company would give up touch control for 3D.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

162. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

PS3 and PSP didn't interest me much, so i doubt this will

That pretty much sums up how I feel.
Now if only Sega announced their promised Sega Game Gear 2.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

163. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Now if only Sega announced their promised Sega Game Gear 2.

Well, laughing at Sega's massive incompetence would be pretty fun.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

moomoo

164. Posted:

It looks like a pretty sleek device. If it has a ton of those niche RPGs I adore so much, then I'll get one. However, those niche games will probably appear on whichever device is more popular in Japan. So whichever one has monster hunster.
Also, thank God for TWO analouge STICKS. Now pretty much anything from a console will be able to be played on it. Backwards compatability through PSN is nice too.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

165. Posted:

Hardy83 wrote:

Sony kind of on-upped Nintendo with the social aspect of systems close to each other eh? lol Especially with 3G....But does it have..3D!? lol

Hmmm...3G or 3D. That is the question (and they're one letter apart too)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

irken004

166. Posted:

Sony wouldn't be able to use a touchscreen and 3D on one screen. Nintendo can do it because the features are on separate screens. Hence why Sony chose not to implement 3D.

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

167. Posted:

I could be wrong, but my understanding was that 3G would only be available on a higher-end model of the PSP2, while they would also sell a WiFi-only version. If so, following the pricing of other devices out there with optional 3G, consumers could be faced with justifying an extra hundred or so on top of the baseline purchase price.

So, you may not just be deciding between 3D and 3G, but between 3D, PSP2 with Wifi, and PSP2 (for even higher price) with the full 3G package.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

168. Posted:

On second thought it looks amazing but will probably be way too expensive for me even w/o 3G.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Hokori

169. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

Ya, what Rob_mc_1 said, fits my tab quite well.

And as if Sony couldn't couldn't get any lamer take a glander at this:

Untitled

Sony has officially ticked my can! They just get lamer and lamer honey child. Time to call Granny to go give em a fanning!

Mr. Iwata must be sitting somewhere shaking his head in disbelief or laughing up a storm at Sony's ignorance.

Is that a DS Cart?? LAME

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Noire

170. Posted:

^ Because that totally couldn't mean it's a new type of game media for their PSP series, oh no.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

171. Posted:

No it's not, it's a NGP cart .

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

172. Posted:

Otaku wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Ya, what Rob_mc_1 said, fits my tab quite well.

And as if Sony couldn't couldn't get any lamer take a glander at this:

Untitled

Sony has officially ticked my can! They just get lamer and lamer honey child. Time to call Granny to go give em a fanning!

Mr. Iwata must be sitting somewhere shaking his head in disbelief or laughing up a storm at Sony's ignorance.

Is that a DS Cart?? LAME

If it works, it works. Not like the 3DS is doing anything new either. This is just the best option both parties could think of.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Mabbit

173. Posted:

Gamestop said that the NGP will cost $299. Sounds tempting, but unfortunately, I don't have the money for either that or the 3DS :| The next system I'm planning on getting is a PS3 anyways

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

174. Posted:

No one really knows the price yet (I'd bet that even Sony hasn't worked it our or fully decided).

My guess: somewhere around $300-350 for the WiFi version, > $400 for 3G-enabled

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Panthon13

175. Posted:

I can see the NGP will probably be around 500.

Every sheep needs a shepherd
Every shepherd needs a sheep for his flock.
They are walking to the horizon of their ideas
Trampling the sprouts of freedom and despising pride
But rise above the Earth and you will see
Where this herd is heading...
It's heading to the precipices!

AuthorMessage

Mabbit

176. Posted:

I think that Gamestop thing is a lie :P I think the device will cost more than 299 because an iPhone costs 599 and has similar features (Except for the fact that it's, you know, A PHONE) I think it could be priced anywhere from 300 - 650

Heisenberg says "relax!"

AuthorMessage

JayceJa

177. Posted:

i figure i may get it at some point if theres a bunch of exclusive games i really want for it and i can spare the money, but a 3DS is my first preference mainly for nintendo franchises

in terms of the consoles it seems to me like the important choice is a choice between 3D display and a second screen, or more options for control input, so it all comes down to the games for me

EDIT:

bboy2970 wrote:

Regarding 3D, even if Sony wanted to, they can't have 3D. They would have to choose either touch screen or 3D for the screen and no sane minded company would give up touch control for 3D.

a screen can very well be both a touchscreen and a 3d screen at the same time, just doing so makes the screen even thicker, so there is a small drop in the quality of the 3d image, that and the fact it would probably be weird using a 3d screen as a touchscreen, but neither are reasons it couldn't be done, nintendo didnt do both simply because it had 2 screens already, it may as well do one on each

Edited on by JayceJa

JayceJa

AuthorMessage

MasterGraveheart

178. Posted:

My opinion... It's just an HD PSP with a touch screen and 3G. In the end, it'll be overpriced and have games that are ill suited to be portable games. While it'll have games that are highly praised, it'll have few that should really be portable titles and the experience will be hindered. The 3DS is simply outclassing it where it matters most.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter: ccagraveheart

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

179. Posted:

@Jace: I think I read somewhere that Nintendo explained that the reason why both screens on 3DS aren't touch is because a 3D screen and touch screen simply cannot co-exist on the same screen. It doesn't really work because touch functionality gets in the way of 3D functionality. This makes me quite pleased because now if any company wanted to try and contest Nintendo in the 3D realm, they would need to throw out the touch screen. Its brilliant! An un-copiable feature!(for now)

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

Mabbit

180. Posted:

MasterGraveheart wrote:

My opinion... It's just an HD PSP with a touch screen and 3G. In the end, it'll be overpriced and have games that are ill suited to be portable games. While it'll have games that are highly praised, it'll have few that should really be portable titles and the experience will be hindered. The 3DS is simply outclassing it where it matters most.

The real draw to it is that it's supposed to be like a full on console. That's what they're trying to do with the dual analog sticks and sooper graphikz.

Heisenberg says "relax!"