3DS Forum

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Showing 141 to 160 of 472

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

141. Posted:

Guys, if all you want to do is bash Sony, do it on another forum. These PSP2 threads don't deserve to be locked just because you want to play troll versus anyone who might be looking forward to this device.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

142. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Look for yourselfs, before you wreck yourself

What's really cool is that the touchpad can act as R2/L2 buttons

I never got The PSP, but I play my Sister's PSP alot.
And seeing how well the PSP2/NGP is, I will get it.

Ahhh, now that's actually pretty cool based on what you can do with the back touch screen. :)
But god was that translator annoying. lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

armoredghor

143. Posted:

@JumpMad It looks like a perfect example of the capabilities of the touchpad, but it's a little too perfect as in I can't see it really translating to an fps, racer or traditional action game like the playstation typically tries to run. I think Sony put these out to show that they can do the same features but eventually they're just going to fall back to their rut of typical games. and that's not an insult I just think that they won't follow through the same way they dropped the six axis and that they're pretty much dropping Move, now that they have it.

I am interested to see how they're gonna talk smack this year at E3. "3D is a cheap gimick, oh wait. nobody needs motion control, oh crap, uh who needs movies on a handheld anyway, yeah that one, oh wait...?

armoredghor

AuthorMessage

Roopa132

144. Posted:

That's pretty damn cool. If the price is right and it gets some good games unlike the original PSP that'll be some serious competition for the 3DS. I'll wait for more infos though before I decide which I'll get. Maybe I'll even get both but then I won't have money to get many games for both...

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage

archie96

145. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Look for yourselfs, before you wreck yourself

What's really cool is that the touchpad can act as R2/L2 buttons

I never got The PSP, but I play my Sister's PSP alot.
And seeing how well the PSP2/NGP is, I will get it.

It looks like the guy is struggling to hold it in 1 hand after a while.

archie96

AuthorMessage

archie96

146. Posted:

Also, if you add the two screens of 3DS, you actually get 6.5 inches of screen space, bigger than the NGP's 5.

archie96

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

147. Posted:

I quite like that rear touch pad! It makes for a pretty cool concept. My only issue is that you'll be fumbling around where you can't see for a while. The nice thing about touch screens is the intuitive precision you get out of them. Still I like the creative "grab and pull" controls there - it kind of reminds me of pressing A and B on the Wii remote.

@archie96 Unfortunately it doesn't work that way seeing how the 3DS's two screens are not seamlessly linked. Also the "diagonal inch" measurement is almost meaningless in terms of screen real estate. Better measurements are screen area (width and height), resolution and DPI.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

LEGEND_MARIOID

148. Posted:

I have no opinions on it because I doubt I'll be going anywhere near it. BUT good luck to yous all

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

149. Posted:

Looks positively monumental. Looks like my new laptop is gonna get pushed back even further.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Karakato

150. Posted:

This NGP is a BEAST! A PS3 on the go with Android and 3G support that could be touched on both sides? Thats really unheard of! All neat features aside, I am a little worried about the price since this is Sony we're talking about. If the 3DS is around $250, how so for the more powerful NGP and its games? The battery also might bug me a bit, although since It's using a OLED screen instead of an ordinary LED it will consume less power equating the battery life equal that to a PSP 3K but I can't be too positive. Other than that, the NGP impresses just as the 3DS did. I'm not sure on whether which handheld to get but for now I'll just wait until a year or so to see how things shape up for both systems. Here's to a wonderful 2011!!!

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Machu

151. Posted:

I don't care how powerful and sexy it is, those analogue sticks protrude in a manner I dislike. Bad design.

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Karakato

152. Posted:

Hmm... so those analogues are designed to be miniature versions of the console's analogues instead of an analogue nub just like the neogeo pocket? Well I can tell that those can be comftable to use similar to its big brother system.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Rob_mc_1

153. Posted:

My big concern with actual sticks is how durable are those sticks. If a stick breaks on a game pad you can just replace the game pad and not the console. At least with the 3DS the analog disc is flush and hidden when the 3DS is closed.

Edited on by Rob_mc_1

♠♦♣

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

154. Posted:

SOLD!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

SphericalCrusher

155. Posted:

Looks very nice, but the 3DS is still a priority for me. I have a PSP atm and my DS gets a lot more attention. The PSP2 definitely has nice hardware and a great game lineup... but man, I'm just a Nintendo fanboy.

SphericalCrusher

Twitter: th3crush3r

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

156. Posted:

Seeing that a new LBP and Monster Hunter was 'announced' or 'planned' for NGP, I kinda have an interest in it. They just need to have Ratchet&Clank to sell me for sure. But having a PSP seeing how I'm really disappointed with the selection and variety of games, I have no huge faith in Sony in the handheld gaming department.

Not to say that PSP has NO good games, no, that's just ignorant to say. There's just not enough that personally interests me.

And now that I see the apparent-actual size, I dunno... May wait for the 'slim' version since I'm sure my 3DS will hold me over until the next Nintendo handheld rolls on out.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

157. Posted:

PS3 and PSP didn't interest me much, so i doubt this will

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

158. Posted:

Honestly, I'm a Nintendo Fanboy but if Sony rolls out LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, Hot Shots Golf and Ratchet and Clank as launch titles for NGP then I might buy this. The Near is quite impressive.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

159. Posted:

Sony kind of on-upped Nintendo with the social aspect of systems close to each other eh? lol Especially with 3G....But does it have..3D!? lol

Hardy83

AuthorMessage

Platypus

160. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

Honestly, I'm a Nintendo Fanboy but if Sony rolls out LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, Hot Shots Golf and Ratchet and Clank as launch titles for NGP then I might buy this. The Near is quite impressive.

Aren't all of those on psp?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus