Forums

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Posts 101 to 120 of 453

XMiggsX

it also sounds too good to be true

XMiggsX

SuperMarioFan96

Since I don't care enough to really look into it much, can someone explain what the point of the touch screen on the BACK is? I'm sure it's useful for something...... I just have no idea what.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

warioswoods

irken004 wrote:

According to Kotaku:
Untitled
The NGP is a monster sized handheld D:

Good god, it truly is enormous for a handheld device.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

XMiggsX

well if its your taste then go for it, but im sticking my 3DS plan. After the abomination of the psp go, i lose faith in the psp universe

XMiggsX

Bendover83

3DS faults: 3D could really strain your eyes after only an hour maybe. You have to hold it just right to get the full 3D effect.
No "big" launch titles...yet. (though that Diver game is an original and not a sequal, remake, or side story and PilotWings looks interesting.)
$30 - $40 games seem a little steep but its doable.
Nintendo is known for its shovelware this gen so hoping not the same with 3DS.
Battery life.
NGP faults: Price should be about $300 to $400.
Games probably cost $40 to $60.
Battery will probably be 3 hours.
People rag on the size but look at the Game Gear or any old handheld. Sounds like is just a fraction bigger as the PSP1000. Plus this is the first NGP model.
Rant over.

Bendover83

LzWinky

Bendover83 wrote:

3DS faults: 3D could really strain your eyes after only an hour maybe. You have to hold it just right to get the full 3D effect.
No "big" launch titles...yet. (though that Diver game is an original and not a sequal, remake, or side story and PilotWings looks interesting.)
$30 - $40 games seem a little steep but its doable.
Nintendo is known for its shovelware this gen so hoping not the same with 3DS.

Doable? Where have you been in the last many years?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TwilightV

That would never fit in my small pockets. And still no screen protection? Fail.

TwilightV

Hokori

WaveBoy wrote:

Not really interested in the PSP2....Sure the graphics will look amazing, the handheld itself looks beautiful and shmexy, but the lack of innovation, no 3D and the fact that none of the sony exclusives interest me like KillZone, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Ratched & Clank ect(bluh!) have me bummed. Hopefully Capcom and Konami will deliver the goods, because so far that game trailer line up was depressing along with the horrible mainstream lame song choice.

same. No PS3 or Xbox exclusives are good, the games I want are made by 3rd Parties and Ive got 2 of them on 3DS (MGS3, SSF4)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

The_Fox

TokyoRed wrote:

PlayStation needs to focus more on a fun and quirky enjoyment instead of shoot-em up, blood em up and sex em up.

If Sony or Microsoft starts making "Sex em ups" their competitors might as well throw in the towel then and there. That sounds like the best genre ever.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

XMiggsX

lol you said 3D boobies

XMiggsX

HeroOfTime007

This might be decent but there too little information and nothing exciting yet. Wont sway me from the 3DS/

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Knux

WaveBoy wrote:

3D Boobies

Dead or Alive Dimensions anyone?

Knux

Sylverstone

TokyoRed wrote:

@ HolyMackeral, thx for that link. I'm glad you enjoyed you Shish Kabobs and East Indian Curry Miami sauce.

Seriously, that won't even fit in ones pocket looking that big. I hope that's only the display because that's going to be difficult to market as a "portable". I can easily see this getting a new Sony NGP Sim Lite revision by the end of next year.

BTW what game is this in this image? "Untitled

That game is called "Little Deviants".

My take on the NGP:

My thoughts are that Sony's really brought out the guns in this supposed next-generation war of the handhelds.

The NGP's price will ultimately be the make-or-break factor when people go out to purchase it.

Besides, some of those features explained sound quite similar to the 3DS system's own. (Near sounds a lot like StreetPass, if you ask me, and the 3G support is there to combat SpotPass.)

Also, as to why the cries over $250 for the 3DS is far beyond me. It is adequately priced. What I'm calling is that Sony will be losing money when the NGP hits store shelves.

If it's priced any lower than the 3DS (which is highly unlikely), then something is obviously wrong with the portable.

The only thing that interests me in the NGP is the back touch panel. Sounds like somewhat of a game changer. But still, the 3DS is a category of one.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

RoyalBlur

Sylverstone wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

@ HolyMackeral, thx for that link. I'm glad you enjoyed you Shish Kabobs and East Indian Curry Miami sauce.

Seriously, that won't even fit in ones pocket looking that big. I hope that's only the display because that's going to be difficult to market as a "portable". I can easily see this getting a new Sony NGP Sim Lite revision by the end of next year.

BTW what game is this in this image? "Untitled

That game is called "Little Deviants".

My take on the NGP:

My thoughts are that Sony's really brought out the guns in this supposed next-generation war of the handhelds.

The NGP's price will ultimately be the make-or-break factor when people go out to purchase it.

Besides, some of those features explained sound quite similar to the 3DS system's own. (Near sounds a lot like StreetPass, if you ask me, and the 3G support is there to combat SpotPass.)

Also, as to why the cries over $250 for the 3DS is far beyond me. It is adequately priced. What I'm calling is that Sony will be losing money when the NGP hits store shelves.

If it's priced any lower than the 3DS (which is highly unlikely), then something is obviously wrong with the portable.

The only thing that interests me in the NGP is the back touch panel. Sounds like somewhat of a game changer. But still, the 3DS is a category of one.

Sylverstone, I love your cool cut and dry attitude. I also think that your right on target to. I agree that the Nintendo 3DS is indeed the number one gadget which is why I'm going to focus on it first although I'm also going to buy the Sony NGP as well. My sister also pointed out to me earlier today that Near is obviously Sony's answer to StreetPass but I do think that Sony is about to break out ever bigger guns at E3 2011 and yes, I think Nintendo will do the same although they will no doubt save the next Wii iteration for next year's E3.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Cheezy

It looks smaller than the original PSP though.

Who Are You?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.