3DS Forum

Topic: Opinions of PSP2 (NGP)

Showing 101 to 120 of 472

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

101. Posted:

Drooooool. This thing is B.E.A.Utiful. I wants one but then I want a 3DS too! Gonna need more money!
I see this as more of a multimedia device than the 3DS but a handheld PS3 sounds awesome too me!

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

XMiggsX

102. Posted:

it also sounds too good to be true

XMiggsX

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

103. Posted:

Since I don't care enough to really look into it much, can someone explain what the point of the touch screen on the BACK is? I'm sure it's useful for something...... I just have no idea what. :D

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

104. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

According to Kotaku:
Untitled
The NGP is a monster sized handheld D:

Good god, it truly is enormous for a handheld device.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

105. Posted:

I'm really rethinking my purchase of the 3DS to save for this...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

XMiggsX

106. Posted:

well if its your taste then go for it, but im sticking my 3DS plan. After the abomination of the psp go, i lose faith in the psp universe

XMiggsX

AuthorMessage

Bendover83

107. Posted:

3DS faults: 3D could really strain your eyes after only an hour maybe. You have to hold it just right to get the full 3D effect.
No "big" launch titles...yet. (though that Diver game is an original and not a sequal, remake, or side story and PilotWings looks interesting.)
$30 - $40 games seem a little steep but its doable.
Nintendo is known for its shovelware this gen so hoping not the same with 3DS.
Battery life.
NGP faults: Price should be about $300 to $400.
Games probably cost $40 to $60.
Battery will probably be 3 hours.
People rag on the size but look at the Game Gear or any old handheld. Sounds like is just a fraction bigger as the PSP1000. Plus this is the first NGP model.
Rant over.

Bendover83

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

108. Posted:

Bendover83 wrote:

3DS faults: 3D could really strain your eyes after only an hour maybe. You have to hold it just right to get the full 3D effect.
No "big" launch titles...yet. (though that Diver game is an original and not a sequal, remake, or side story and PilotWings looks interesting.)
$30 - $40 games seem a little steep but its doable.
Nintendo is known for its shovelware this gen so hoping not the same with 3DS.

Doable? Where have you been in the last many years? :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Bendover83

109. Posted:

lol...Uh, outside.

Bendover83

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

110. Posted:

Not really interested in the PSP2....Sure the graphics will look amazing, the handheld itself looks beautiful and shmexy, but the lack of innovation, no 3D and the fact that none of the sony exclusives interest me like KillZone, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Ratched & Clank ect(bluh!) have me bummed. Hopefully Capcom and Konami will deliver the goods, because so far that game trailer line up was depressing along with the horrible mainstream lame song choice.

'3D' is why and everybody else for the most part are so thrilled for the 3DS....The PSP is nothing but a mini PS3(almost) with an extra touch screen on the back of the system. I'm no graphics whore by any means, i want retro titles to make a come back and I just can't really see it happening on the PSP2, the 3DS however is another story altogether. Contra has already been anounced, i got my killer Nintendo exclusives on the way, the gameboy virtual console, even Nes titles are going to be released with the '3D' efftect. :D It's going to be simply put amazing, where I feel the PSP2 isn't going to appeal to me as far as most of the games go.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

111. Posted:

That would never fit in my small pockets. And still no screen protection? Fail.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Hokori

112. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Not really interested in the PSP2....Sure the graphics will look amazing, the handheld itself looks beautiful and shmexy, but the lack of innovation, no 3D and the fact that none of the sony exclusives interest me like KillZone, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Ratched & Clank ect(bluh!) have me bummed. Hopefully Capcom and Konami will deliver the goods, because so far that game trailer line up was depressing along with the horrible mainstream lame song choice.

same. No PS3 or Xbox exclusives are good, the games I want are made by 3rd Parties and Ive got 2 of them on 3DS (MGS3, SSF4)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

113. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

PlayStation needs to focus more on a fun and quirky enjoyment instead of shoot-em up, blood em up and sex em up.

If Sony or Microsoft starts making "Sex em ups" their competitors might as well throw in the towel then and there. That sounds like the best genre ever.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

114. Posted:

Aside from Nintendo, Capcom and Konami all the way dude! :D
Retro, Hal and Goodfeel get my vote as well hehe.

Anyways, the 3DS's visuals are perfect in my eyes...I honestly don't need anything portable that's more powerful that that..It seems like the perfect next gen upgrade visually speaking. It's about the 3D after all.

And I'm dieing to see some 3D Mega Man 2.....Bubble Man's stage in 3D anyone? :D....It would be pretty minimal, but it would be pretty awesome to see.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

115. Posted:

The+Fox wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

PlayStation needs to focus more on a fun and quirky enjoyment instead of shoot-em up, blood em up and sex em up.

If Sony or Microsoft starts making "Sex em ups" their competitors might as well throw in the towel then and there. That sounds like the best genre ever.

Sex em ups would still be superior on the 3DS, 3D Boobies and eye popping tooshies anyone?
Really though, Sony really does need to focus on quirky colorful and fun experiences.....LittleBigPlanet isn't enough. Yes it may be creative but the plaforming based on the original was pretty damn mediocre and boring. There's at least Jack & Dexter, but eh. I'm only interested in 3rd party games if that.....And I could care less if they anounce a god of war 4.

I've only played a bit of the original and the recent PS3 demo, but that was enough for me....Unintuitive button pressing cut scene fatalities, button mashy-like gameplay all sugar coated with beautiful visuals, spectacular looking boss fights and an epic sounding score. It was a snooz for me. And even though I'm not a fan of Devil May Cry it's definitly more skill based and enjoyable than what i've played based on GOW.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

XMiggsX

116. Posted:

lol you said 3D boobies

XMiggsX

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

117. Posted:

XMiggsX wrote:

it also sounds too good to be true

Were you honestly suprised by the PS3-like visuals, a touch screen and a 2nd analog stick? All of this was incredibly predictable. The PSP was like a weaker PS2, and the PSP2 will be a weaker PS3. There's nothing new here. and nothing that will change or the way we look at videogames. Touch screen has already been done before with the DS 5 years ago so that's old news.

But, if some killer 3rd party titles start hitting the scene like a new 2D Castlevania, Mega Man, Resident Evil or Silent Hill for ex, there's no doubt I'll most likely think about getting one.....But in all honestly, would you rather choose better graphics, or the ability to play these franchises in stunning and view/game changing 3D?.......3D for me wins hands down.

The PSP offers nothing new but flashier graphics, touch screen controls that were done by Nintendo 5 years ago and with the inclusion of a 2nd analog stick, exciting stuff I say! I'm suprised that Sony isn't trying to add glassles 3D at the last minute. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

118. Posted:

Unsurprising but impressive.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

119. Posted:

Yeah... I still want this thing. :P
Untitled
Unless theres some awesome games on this oversized portable then maybe I'll change my mind, but I don't think this thing will be able to compete with 3DS and its games, 3D, and its (most likely) cheaper price.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

HeroOfTime007

120. Posted:

This might be decent but there too little information and nothing exciting yet. Wont sway me from the 3DS/

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.