Forums

Topic: 3DS Ocarina of Time Remake!

Posts 721 to 734 of 734

e-love

I had it on Wii Virtual Console but wasn't really engage in it. The 3D version was my first 3DS game and it was an awesome experience (:

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Blue_Cat

I got the Zelda 3DS bundle for Christmas, so I might as well share my thoughts here! I think the game is wonderful: absolutely marvelous. I’d never played it before, so this was my first experience with it, but I have played other Zelda games like Twilight Princess. That game was fun, but also in a way boring. OoT is much more memorable to me, and each place is distinct and charming.

The gameplay is as good as I expected, but I’m really enjoying seeing the console gameplay on a handheld zelda, since I generally enjoy playing on a handheld more than a console. The items are really interesting: there’s the good ‘ol zelda favorites, and a few of the one I haven’t experienced before are entertaining. I haven’t really gotten stuck anywhere yet (up to the shadow temple), but I’d say it’s just difficult enough that it’s satisfactory to succeed.

This is a game that I think I’ll be playing for a long time. Trying to figure out the sidequests and discover secrets without a guide is very satisfying. When I consider that there’s the master quest, I can seem myself easily sinking 60+ hours into the game, so it’s wonderful for my first 3DS game.

And on a side note, the Zelda 3DS is really sleek! It’s much more interesting that the plain black one I might have got otherwise!

Edited on by Blue_Cat

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

LordTendoboy

There aren't very many sidequests in Ocarina of Time. Other than the Gold Skulltullas, there's one other main one: It's a chain of events that lead to you getting a very powerful weapon.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LostHeaven

Might as well share my story: My DS, PSP and Wii are some of the (dis)investments that I can remember having used the least ever since I started earning my own money. Not that they're bad consoles or have poor collections, it's just that my interest in videogames over the last years has been slowly diminishing.
This being said, it's understandable that I was very reluctant to buy a 3DS, as I don't like spending money in things I won't give much usage. Still, Ocarina of Time 3D made me think twice. Playing the original game 13 years ago, when I was still a teenager on Christmas vacations, was one of my most fond videogaming experiences ever. So, with Christmas nearing, I said to myself: "What the hell: I'll buy the console specifically to relive the experience I had with the original game. If I end up somewhere near as satisfied as I did when I completed the original one, it'll be worth the 200€, even if I don't ever turn the console on."
Bought my 3DS, Zelda and Mario Kart 7 before Christmas, and I'm absolutely delighted with both the console and the remake. It made my Christmas, looking forward to other remakes with revamped visuals in 3D glory. One can only hope Majora's Mask is one of them: that would make my next Christmas!

My collection: people.ign.com/realinho/games
Xbox Live: Realinho | Apple Game Center: Realinho | Steam: Realinho

3DS Friend Code: 4382-2401-9157 | Nintendo Network ID: Realinho | Twitter:

MofieWilson

Getting to the spirit temple....
anyone got any tips on making this part any easier? I'm having so much trouble with it....I do the part where you find your way through the desert with the flags, i get to the spirit guide and follow it around, and I either lose it after getting hit by something crawling in the sand, or I lose my magic and therefore the power to use my lens of truth, I'm about to give it another shot, just wondering how long he drags you around for, how difficult is it and what do i need to bring along? Some green potion, I'm guessing!
I mean I gave up for a bit and tried the Gerudo training ground instead, and found that just as difficult! I'm sure I'll get through them both eventually! Arggh!

3DS friend code - 5241 - 2428 - 0543 - Need friends to play MK7, Kid Icarus and Heroes of Ruin. Fave game: Cave Story! x

JGMR

This is Ocarina Of Time how it was meant to be. Even though I loved the N64 to a certain extent, I must say that the graphics on the N64 took away some of the experience, even back then. I mean, that almost 'squared-polygon' head of the adult Zelda... -ugh-...

Love the way the adult Link looks, very close to the famous Spaceworld Gamecube technical demo.

With kind regards,

JGMR

LostHeaven

After reading your post I thought about watching that Spaceworld video on Youtube. Man, some of those games looked awesome for that time. Too bad some of them never got released (Zelda is one of them).

My collection: people.ign.com/realinho/games
Xbox Live: Realinho | Apple Game Center: Realinho | Steam: Realinho

3DS Friend Code: 4382-2401-9157 | Nintendo Network ID: Realinho | Twitter:

TuVictus

That's awesome. I wish the US was doing something like that, but since it's out of production the only way to buy it is through the eShop or as a used copy

TuVictus

Zerodactyl

Operative wrote:

That's awesome. I wish the US was doing something like that, but since it's out of production the only way to buy it is through the eShop or as a used copy

If 3DS' weren't region locked...

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

toiletduck

I realise I'm a bit late to the party, but I've just started playing this on my recently acquired N2DSXL.

I have trouble getting used to the camera handling. I've started playing 3D games on consoles after the N64 era, so I'm kind of used to using the right stick for camera movement. Any advice on how to get used to this? It has set me off in fully enjoying the game and letting myself get sucked into it.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Bunkerneath

@toiletduck don't use the second stick i never did, just use the targetting button (Z Targetting on N64). Well, thats what i did on the N64 version and 3DS version come to think about it.

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Eel

You get used to it.

Just let the game handle it and press L to center the camera behind you or use the look icon when you need to.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

toiletduck

@Bunkerneath @Meowpheel thanks, I'll try to put some extra (straight) hours in when I'm comfortably on the couch this weekend, instead of in the train on my first tries.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.